Blogilates?

Options
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of taking a break from my Jillian micheal's when I'm finished this DVD (Done 30DS, Nearly finished RI30) And trying the Blogilates calenders (on youtube). Has anyone else done these? How do you feel they were? Did you see results? if so, when?

Obviously I know any exercise is better than none, but I'd just like people's opinions. Thanks :)

Pics are also welcome too!

Replies

• Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
  • Jen800
    Options
  • trudance4
    Options
    I am interested in this also, as I am just about to start tonight.
  • Jen800
    Options
    I am interested in this also, as I am just about to start tonight.

awesome! You should totally post on this thread later to tell me how it goes! Good luck!
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Blogilates workouts on YouTube. Also, you could check out BodyRockTV. I have never used any of the Jillian Michael's DVDs, so I'm not sure how it would compare. I like Blogilates and BodyRockTV because a lot of the workouts are shorter 3-8 minutes, so you can stack them however you want to create a full workout.
  • Jen800
    Options
    I enjoy the Blogilates workouts on YouTube. Also, you could check out BodyRockTV. I have never used any of the Jillian Michael's DVDs, so I'm not sure how it would compare. I like Blogilates and BodyRockTV because a lot of the workouts are shorter 3-8 minutes, so you can stack them however you want to create a full workout.

Thanks for your imput! I'm planning on doing the calender with the "arms, legs, abs, total body, cardio" type of thing on her website. I think I'll shorten the total body day though, it was a whopping 1 1/2 last time I calculated the video times together! I like working out, but I am on a schedule! lol.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    YES. I recommend Cassey's workouts to everyone who is looking for lower impact exercises. I use her Youtube workouts, starting with her beginner's workout. I did the Summer Slimdown for a couple of weeks before realizing it was waaaay too advanced for me and have gone back to the beginner's.

I don't have pics, but I fully believe that her workouts is what allowed me to shimmy my *kitten* back into my size 9 jeans as opposed to the 11's I'd been wearing! I feel tighter and stronger and it's wonderful!
  • Jen800
    Options
    YES. I recommend Cassey's workouts to everyone who is looking for lower impact exercises. I use her Youtube workouts, starting with her beginner's workout. I did the Summer Slimdown for a couple of weeks before realizing it was waaaay too advanced for me and have gone back to the beginner's.

I don't have pics, but I fully believe that her workouts is what allowed me to shimmy my *kitten* back into my size 9 jeans as opposed to the 11's I'd been wearing! I feel tighter and stronger and it's wonderful!

Thanks! This really boosts my confidence :) I'm excited to do it!
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    I am a big fan of Blogilates. Casey Ho makes working out fun, seriously, and you will see results quickly and consistently.
  • Jen800
    Options
    I am a big fan of Blogilates. Casey Ho makes working out fun, seriously, and you will see results quickly and consistently.

Awesome, thanks! Did you follow her calender, or do it on your own?
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Thanks for your imput! I'm planning on doing the calender with the "arms, legs, abs, total body, cardio" type of thing on her website. I think I'll shorten the total body day though, it was a whopping 1 1/2 last time I calculated the video times together! I like working out, but I am on a schedule! lol.

The actual workouts aren't always as long as the video, she sometimes talks at the beginning and the end which you don't have to listen to if you don't want. They are awesome though, I love Cassey's workouts. If you follow the calendar you will definitely see results.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love Blogilates! I do a lot of the beginner workouts several times a week, in particular the full body workout and the abs one. :)
    My legs seem a little slimmer and I have more definition in my waist area since I started doing them, and I find them more fun than other workouts available. :) Cassey is really encouraging and it keeps me motivated. :)
  • Jen800
    Options
    thanks guys! I agree her personality is like no other, lol. she's great! And just watching her makes me want to work hard... have you ever seen a more beautiful figure?!
  • Jen800
    Options
    does anyone else have experience with blogilates ? I'd still love to hear more responses!
  • icyblue13
    icyblue13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've being doing Cassey's workouts for a while now and I love them. I always get exited when she posts a new one every week.

I have her calendar, but I don't follow it religiously. I just get "inspired" by it. For example, today is abs/core so that's what I'll work on but not necessarily the ones that are listed on the calendar, I have my favorite exercises i prefer doing instead.

At the beginning some workouts can be difficult, but with time I can definitely see myself improving. To be honest, my body is so sore right now because of them. They look easy but they are not!

I really like Cassey. She's a nice girl and a great role model. I also like her food videos, always good ideas to eat healthy.
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love Blogilates! I feel sore instantly after doing her workouts. She is a great motivator and the time flies by because she talks through the whole thing which keeps your mind off what you are doing. She recently released a full hour DVD that I have been wanting to try.
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just discovered her and did her a legs workout earlier today. She definitely gives a mean workout, really felt the burn and had to lower my leg down for a bit to keep up. She has a lot of strength and I agree a beautiful figure, not to mention motivating. Love finding new videos to change it up
  • Jen800
    Options
    Thanks guys! I love hearing everyones responses about her :)
  • Jen800
    Options
    :glasses:
  • I really love blogilates, when I first started, i saw results on my bum and legs really quickly, only about two weeks, arms and abs took a lot longer, but it works. I never find one video feels like a workout, so I have a load of little playlists. Hope this helps