For the lovers of Buffalo chicken

Options
sixxfan26
sixxfan26 Posts: 8
I am HUGE fan of buffalo style ANYTHING... before I began my healthier eating lifestyle, I had buffalo wings or chicken tenders at least once a week, especially during football season. Wings on football Sunday is a staple in my household. LOL So anyway...I was having a major craving for buffalo this week & decided to try it with grilled chicken, versus the standard breaded wings in the deep fryer. Much to my surprise, it was still VERY good. Added a side of baked crinkle cut french fries and came out feeling like it was a "splurge" meal, but truthfully....it wasn't! Check this out:

6 small boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins, grilled (equiv to about one whole grilled 4 oz. chicken breast) = 100 calories

Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce = ZERO calories

1 serving (18 pieces) of baked crinkle cut french fries = 120 calories

Grand total = 220 calories! (low enough to have two servings if I wanted it!!)

Now I don't have to skip out on buffalo chicken anymore!! Just thought I would share. ;)

Replies

• krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    yes, Frank and I have been having a secret love affair. ZERO calories that add flavor to everything! Buffalo chicken is a regular on my menu rotation because I'm a lot like you...I crave it! I cut up the chicken and use it as a topping on a baked potato too! Or you can shred it and have a buffalo chicken sandwich.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Franks may have zero calories but where is it on the sodium scale? how much hot sauce did you use?
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    That sounds great! As a splurge it will make a good change of pace. I love buffalo chicken on a tossed green salad. I will make a light ranch dressing, using 2% cottage cheese and ranch dip seasoning. Put the stuff in the blender and add water until you get the consistency you want. really good.
  • tbear358
    tbear358 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I put it on a pita pizza. I take those chicken tenderloins as mentioned above, toss them in hot sauce and coat them with finely crushed Baked Lays BBQ flavor. Put it on a Joseph's Bakery low-carb flax seed pita, tomato sauce, lace it with Frank's, top with the chicken strips and low fat skim mozz. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes on 350 :)

Also, Gardein (a maker of meatless protein items) came out with buffalo style chicken nuggets and from what I've heard from fellow buffalo chicken lovers, they're great!!
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree on buffalo sauce, I always have a craving, and any new restaurant I went to, I always had to try the wings or tenders as sauces vary so much.

Sodium is high, but to fill a craving without eating wings or something fried is a tradeoff I'm OK with.

I make baked chicken fingers with either regular bread crumbs, using skim milk and egg whites, then toss them in buffalo sauce, or I've even used low fat Panko breading too.

To me the buffalo sauce flavor is much more important than the "fried" taste.

Darnit I know what I am having for dinner!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    I agree on buffalo sauce, I always have a craving, and any new restaurant I went to, I always had to try the wings or tenders as sauces vary so much.

Sodium is high, but to fill a craving without eating wings or something fried is a tradeoff I'm OK with.

I make baked chicken fingers with either regular bread crumbs, using skim milk and egg whites, then toss them in buffalo sauce, or I've even used low fat Panko breading too.

Try this. Fiber One Cereal in the original version/flavor. Throw it in the blender & make breadcrumbs out of it. I made onion rings with it last night. Add some seasoning & use egg beaters or egg whites to hold the crumbs on & bake. Ive made baked chicken w/ this "breading" before & it turned out great.
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Try this. Fiber One Cereal in the original version/flavor. Throw it in the blender & make breadcrumbs out of it. I made onion rings with it last night. Add some seasoning & use egg beaters or egg whites to hold the crumbs on & bake. Ive made baked chicken w/ this "breading" before & it turned out great.

I love it, will definitely try it!
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    must try this
  • Delikatz
    Delikatz Posts: 16
    Options
    that sounds really good, need to check the sodium content, high BP here =(
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I watched my family eat hot wings for dinner tonight:(
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • acabanil37
    acabanil37 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love Frank's!!

FRANK’S® REDHOT® BUFFALO WING SAUCE

Net Wt.: 12 FL.OZ. (354 mL)

Nutrition Facts

Serving size:
    1 tbsp. (15 mL)
    Servings:
    Calories:

Amount Per Serving % DV*

Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Sodium 460mg 17%
    Total Carb. 0 0%
    Protein 0g
    Vitamin A 6%

* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on 2,000 calorie diet.

INGREDIENTS:

Distilled Vinegar, Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Salt, Water, Canola Oil, Spice, Natural Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate (As A Preservative), Natural Butter Type Flavor And Garlic Powder.
  • viadelorosa03
    Options
    bump
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    I love franks mixed with fat free ranch on chicken salad!

I also LOVE buffalo anything too!!!