Options

Replies

• DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    Chicken Breast and Egg Whites!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty high protein goal for you IMO. But just mix in protein shakes here and there. Simple, easy, and no unneeded macros.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary to the public I could probably help more, however meat is the obvious, whey protein drinks, Greek yogurt, eggs, Pure Protein bars have about 20 grams of protein, cottage cheese....you can add protein powder to oatmeal, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese...ect....you may want to look up home made protein bars as they have better ingredients in them. Oh I also cook large quantities of chicken at a time measure them out into 6 oz portions, put them in a sandwich bag and then in a freezer bag and pull them out one at a time as needed very quick and easy protein.

Good luck!!! You got this!
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1 cup Fage 0% greek yogurt with fresh fruit (5 strawberries and a packet of Stevia = 130 cal. , 23g protein and taste great. having it right now...lovin it
    Whey protein shake = usually around 140 cal and 30g protein
    Egg whites for breakfast- wife does 3, I do 6
    Chicken , pork, beef, fish, shrimp, tuna
    Just check out my Diary....I pull in over 250g of protein each day.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Along with everything else mentioned, chicken breasts, turkey, and tuna. I add protein powder and flax seeds to my oatmeal in the morning, too.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    beans and chia seeds - sneak them in anywhere you can. per my .org source I just read today, chia is 2.5 times more protein than kidney beans. Need to get me some. http://myscienceacademy.org/2013/02/19/the-top-10-healthiest-seeds-on-earth/
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, Greek Yogurt, fish, chicken, Big Train Fit Frappe, Pure Protein and Quest Bars, VitaSport 7 Protein drink
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I eat between 130 to 150 g of protein a day. I don't like cottage cheese either, but mix it with the 80 cal Dannon light and fit greek yogurt with a little splenda. Makes it tasty! I also will mix fiber one cereal to get some fiber. I also like the 180 Pure Protein bars, the chocolate is my fav. I like the peanut butter too but it is 200 cal. I eat egg beaters with a slice of fat free cheese every morning on a high fiber tortilla. Those tortillas usually have about 5 g of protein. I make sure I have chicken in my salad at lunch. My snacks are either the yogurt mix or protein bar. Dinner will include 4 to 5 oz of meat. Good luck!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been using this recipe...

http://www.barbarabakes.com/2011/06/pressure-cooker-chicken-taco-filling/

I crunched the numbers in the recipe builder for the quantity of chicken I bought, and 1 cup of this shredded chicken had 47 grams of protein.

You can do it in a crock pot, too. The pressure cooker isn't essential, but it sure does make it go quickly!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    String cheese, greek yogurt, and I eat a lot of beans for lunch which helps.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese mixed with a bit of applesauce, protein powder with plain yogurt, light string cheese
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Funny I go over most days and I only eat fish and almonds as protein the rest comes from fruits and veggies, but I agree with everyone else.Eggs,meats,fish cheese yourgrt and nuts.You can use protein powder or bars but they use a lot of calories if you can spare them they are great. As for me I am oldish and don't get to have many calories can not spare.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions so far. I'm not a big fan of whey protein. Try to get my requirements from acutal food.

No one has mentioned All Whites....pasturized egg whites that are safe to eat, as is, so I whisk them into a bowl of oatmeal or add them to the blender with fruit and green leafies. Raw egg white are a no no ...Seeing someone with salmonella poisoning has convinced me to never take that risk.

I was eating a lot of canned tuna to boost my protein totals until I read about the amount of mercury in it. Now eat it less often.

For me, cooking my own chicken breasts is the most economical way to always have a low fat, top notch source of protein in the fridge.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein brand bars - 20 g of protein, 200 calories. Low in fat and sugar, too.
    Every so often various stores run $1 per bar specials - that's a good time to stock up!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein brand bars - 20 g of protein, 200 calories. Low in fat and sugar, too.
    Every so often various stores run $1 per bar specials - that's a good time to stock up!

I get those sometimes, but they seem to use collagen as a significant protein source. I'm not convinced that's a very high quality protein.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Fish is the lowest calorie, highest protein food you're going to get outside of egg whites.
  • Lovable12
    Options
    Fish.. Eggs, Protein powder... your body can only process 30 gs protein at a time.. if you have fish for one meal (try grilled not fried if possible, about 30 g, depends), a breakfast sandwich (thomas bagel thins + slice of cheese + 3 egg whites = 27g protein), and a shake (I use gladiator protein powder from smoothie king, 1 scoop has 24 g of protein + unsweet almond milk + PB2 = 29 g protein), and try a snack try naked brand protein juice/smoothies (16 g) total for a day of this would be 725 calories and 102 g of protein.. lots of room to eat a lot more other things :)
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    EAS advantedge carb control shakes are 110 cals each with 17g of protein, taste good too! When you're ready to up your calories they have another vesion called myoplex lite, 20g of protein at 180 cals, it's how I fill in my protein and cals when I need to.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thinkthin protein bars are my favorite. No sugar. You can find them anywhere.

I love the Think Thin bars. The only protein bars I've found to be sugar free. They taste great too and they're soft unlike most other protein bars.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Protein isolate, low sodium lunch meat.