How do you handle exercise calories?

Options
I recently logged back in and have been adding my foods and exercises faithfully. I found I hate that the system adds my exercise calories to my total for the day. Somehow I look at the daily totals and find myself eating over my 1310/day if I add my exercise in. Any suggestions for how you handle this?

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I recently logged back in and have been adding my foods and exercises faithfully. I found I hate that the system adds my exercise calories to my total for the day. Somehow I look at the daily totals and find myself eating over my 1310/day if I add my exercise in. Any suggestions for how you handle this?

That is what you are supposed to do, don't worry about it.

Unless you are following the TDEE - 20% method, in which case when you add the exercise you can manually change the exercise to 1 calorie so that it doesn't affect your total.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    How do I handle exercise calories? I eat them to fuel my workouts and so that my body gets the calories it needs to function properly. I don't worry as long as I'm within 200 or so and my net calories are over my BMR, but if I have any more than that remaining at the end of the day I know the next day I'll be low in energy, stressed out, and hungry all day. So I have a glass of juice, a yogurt, or even a Pop-Tart or something to bring me closer to my goal.

And yes, I lose weight. I lost 35 pounds last time I tracked calories this way, and am down almost 7 this time (losing a little over a pound a week both times).
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine back. I try and leave about 200 on average at the end of each day to make room for error but I've been losing weight fine, 8lbs in about 6 weeks. Don't be scared to eat them back, they're for your benefit.