Get Off The Scale!

Options
Get Off The Scale!

You are beautiful. Your beauty, just like your capacity for life, happiness, and success, is immeasurable. Day after day, countless people across the globe get on a scale in search of validation of beauty and social acceptance.

Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life.

It’s true, the scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That’s it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love. Don’t give the scale more power than it has earned. Take note of the number, then get off the scale and live your life. You are beautiful!

**** I found this on the web when I searched for quotes on the scale. I have declared this to be Forget the Scale Friday! We Look Good Now! The Scale Can’t See Me! We have to celebrate the progress we have all ready made. I know sometimes we can get frustrated because we are not at our goals as of yet, but Baby look how far we’ve come. I know you all have been getting compliments; clothes fitting better, dresses/pants sizes dropping these things are worth celebrating. Forget the Scale; We Look Good Now! Making Sexy Better, not bringing it Back, I was Sexy at 280lbs (Big Sexy) “Get em”! *****

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    This is nice and all, but people judge you by what you look like, what skills you have, and whether they can get some use out of you or not. And if they can't, they will let you die on the streets of cold and hunger. Because our societies are that vicious. Because our species is that vicious.

So no, I won't get off the scale and I won't stop trying to figure out a way to be self-employed and eventually wealthy, either, instead of slaving all my life for some using corporate scumbag that will kick me to the curb with no benefits come retirement time.

I don't want to die alone and cold. Dog eat dog. I'm going to be the dog with the full belly.

Guess I'm just a bucket of good cheer this morning. :laugh:
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is nice and all, but people judge you by what you look like, what skills you have, and whether they can get some use out of you or not. And if they can't, they will let you die on the streets of cold and hunger. Because our societies are that vicious. Because our species is that vicious.

So no, I won't get off the scale and I won't stop trying to figure out a way to be self-employed and eventually wealthy, either, instead of slaving all my life for some using corporate scumbag that will kick me to the curb with no benefits come retirement time.

I don't want to die alone and cold. Dog eat dog. I'm going to be the dog with the full belly.

This post was not telling you to forget your fitness goals; it was posted to say stop letting the scale dictate your progress. I lost 74lbs, I look good now but my goal is to lose about 40 more. However, I will not let not losing 5lbs this week make me miserable when the weight I have lost all ready has made drastic changes to my appearance. I posted this so that people will celebrate the progress they all ready made and will continue to make. You are intense!
  • MaraDiaz
    Options

This post was not telling you to forget your fitness goals; it was posted to say stop letting the scale dictate your progress. I lost 74lbs, I look good now but my goal is to lose about 40 more. However, I will not let not losing 5lbs this week make me miserable when the weight I have lost all ready has made drastic changes to my appearance. I posted this so that people will celebrate the progress they all ready made and will continue to make. You are intense!

Oh well in that case I agree with you. Sorry about the other post, I do believe I have heard one too many 'you are perfect' type songs on the radio and that is the wrong message to be sending to anyone. Better to send the message learn to fight for yourself and be on top of your game at all times or society will devour you and spit out the bones.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I can't get of the scale. I am drawn to it every day - like a moth to a flame. I know it can hurt me but still.......
    I have a wifi scale and it does talk to me. THis morning ir said "Hi Cindy"
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    I can't get of the scale. I am drawn to it every day - like a moth to a flame. I know it can hurt me but still.......
    I have a wifi scale and it does talk to me. THis morning ir said "Hi Cindy"

:laugh: Now I'm kind of glad mine doesn't say anything.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I threw away my last scale with this mentality and then I started to gain a lot without checking myself. Finally I weighed myself on a shipping scale at work and I was shocked.

Now I have a scale, but it isn't my friend. I am trying to just stand on it once a week. My weight has gone up to almost my starting in over a day, but that just can't be accurate.
  • queencat3
    Options
    Thank you for that:flowerforyou:
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So you are saying only thin people get jobs and are able to support themselves? My goodness
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    So you are saying only thin people get jobs and are able to support themselves? My goodness

That isn't what I'm saying, but I've certainly derailed enough, so if it doesn't make sense, that's okay. I need more coffee to sweeten my mood before I start posting anyway.
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love this!!
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is good. So many times I get mad at myself when I feel like progress stalls instead of being proud of how far I have comr.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I so agree. The scale is just a number it is not truely giving you validation of your human self. No matter what the scale says if you do not love yourself, being skinny or trim or fit wont help, you will still find a reason to not like what you see.

Learn to love yourself and quit dieting and start with just eating healthy. Diets do not work, healthy living does.