Looking for more friends, the more the merrier!!!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm looking for more friends to help motivate me to lose weight. According to my doctor I have about 45 pounds to lose in order to get into the healthy weight category because she says I'm obese. Although I don't think I'm obese, I could stand to lose some weight. As you can see from my picture, my body is proportionate and I have big bones and a good amount of muscle mass so I don't want to lose the muscles just the fat. I stay active playing sports but I would like to lose the fat and tone my body. So far I'm almost 9 pounds down with about 36 more to go but I'm more focused on gaining muscle definition than the numbers on the scale. Please feel free to add me as I'm always looking for more friends to help motivate me and I would also like to help motivate others on their journey as well.

I work out 4-5 times a week and have been trying to eat healthy by controlling my portions and making smarter food choices (not to say I don't have my cheat days now and then). If you have any tips please feel free to share!

Replies

• Velv3tkisses
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • apaddock2
    apaddock2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :happy:
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • redphoenix64
    redphoenix64 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...there are never enough people to motivate you
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hey, you seem to have everything under control. Your doing great! Everyone tries to put us under some type of category. In all honesty I just say forget what they think and say and just go with your gut. Which is basically what your doing so that's awesome. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me :drinker: :drinker:
  • lavendersashes
    Options
    Hello sweetie. I'm one of those annoying supper skinny unhealthy people. Even though I was holding steady at 117 I took a body fat percentage test and I was at 31%! One more percent and, according to the test, I'd be obese. Me! I'm a small! Sure I have the belly of a pregnant woman but I'm a SMALL! Always have been. According to the BMI calculator my father who doesn't look bad at all is obese. Obese is a medical term and a lot of people who don't look bad fall into it. It doesn't mean it still isn't unhealthy it just means that it is way too prevalent in our culture.

I'm taking a body builder stand to my goals. First I'm concentrating on fat loss. Because no matter how much muscle you have you will see no definition with all that fat in the way. Then I'm going to work on getting ripped and gaining weight, but muscle weight this time! I'm shooting for 130 or so.

Sorry, I'm quite verbose, add me, wish me luck. And good luck to you!:happy:
  • xortion
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Im also looking to loose body fat and gain muscle mass :), Im alex
  • unidiverse
    Options
    Feel free to add me. According to the height and weight charts, the weight that I am happy at is my borderline 'fat' weight. I really don't like putting much stock in those charts. I do have about 30 pounds to loose to get to my happy weight but I am pushing for 40. I really like to run and this year I have signed up for a 4 mile run in my community and plan to sign up for a 6 mile run later this year.
  • babyluu80
    babyluu80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and the willingness to be friends! I'm looking forward to sharing my journey and yours too!
  • victorshnaydruk
    victorshnaydruk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)

stay fit
  • lstewart_3
    lstewart_3 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    any one feel free to add me!!
  • dprada89
    Options
    ANYONE IS FREE TO ADD ME!!!! LETS MOTIVATE EACH OTHER :)
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, that goes for everyone. :)
  • mellyp0ps
    Options
    add me too! If you want to keep your muscle mass, lift weights and consume protein! As long as you eat balanced meals and keep an eye on calories then shedding weight shouldn't be an issue =]
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I am on maintenance but I'm here everyday.
  • fatburnd2012
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, the more the merrier as you say! We all need each other's help- that's why we are here.
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Add me to if u like
  • Isisnile
    Options
    feel free to add me