Fettuccini

Tacos (all types)
    Taquitos
    Enchaladas (the kind you make)

Hamburgers
    Sloppy Joes

Steak
    Shrimp

Chicken (BBQ, fried, any other way you can think of)
    Orange Chicken
    Chicken Strips
    Turkey (BBQ)

Roast (beef, made into sandwiches or taquitos)

Potatoes (preferred mashed, but also baked and fried)
    Corn
    Salad (with ranch dressing and croutons)

Seriously this took him 3 or 4 days to come up with and the worst part is its true! I have been cooking for him for 8 years and I can't think of anything he left out! : ( I need help .... ugh

Yummy variety what do you need help with??
    He eats a far greater variety than my father.
    You could use leaner meats and not eat the same portions that he does add more fruit and veg for you.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    maybe he should cook himself dinner
    Also a good point. I'm a terrible picky eater, but I don't expect people to cater (pun intended) to my likes and dislikes. I do all the cooking at my house so it's rarely an issue, but if I'm at my parent's or something I'm perfectly happy making my own food if need be.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    How limited.
    That's what I'm thinking. Here's my list of all the things I will eat:

1) Anything that is not beef liver
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i like your husband, you can send him my way.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Pizza
    Lasagna
    Spaghetti
    Fettuccini

Tacos (all types)
    Taquitos
    Enchaladas (the kind you make)

Hamburgers
    Sloppy Joes

Steak
    Shrimp

Chicken (BBQ, fried, any other way you can think of)
    Orange Chicken
    Chicken Strips
    Turkey (BBQ)

Roast (beef, made into sandwiches or taquitos)

Potatoes (preferred mashed, but also baked and fried)
    Corn
    Salad (with ranch dressing and croutons)

Seriously this took him 3 or 4 days to come up with and the worst part is its true! I have been cooking for him for 8 years and I can't think of anything he left out! : ( I need help .... ugh

Why, what's the problem? That's very similar to how I eat. In some ways, it's probably a bit bigger than my list would be.

truth...good list. Plenty to choose from there
  • randomiranda
    Options
    My husband is the same! Except his list is shorter. And there are no vegetables on it. Not a single vegetable (corn doesn't count). He doesn't even like seasonings or sauces. I'll try to find something new or different to make, and he rarely eats it. I partly blame his being Texan (southern home cookin'), partly blame his stomach for getting upset easily. He's also lactose intolerant. He has been eating better foods and exercising, but it is definitely a challenge to make meals together when he doesn't like a lot of healthy foods except meat. We eat a lot of chicken breast or salmon with rice and I'll make myself some veggies.
  • Espresso345
    Espresso345 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Keep trying new foods - one of them might resonate.

You know what my husband LOVES? Spinach souffle.

No, seriously. Spinach souffle.

It's a pain in the butt to make, but we have it for dinner every Sunday night - and he takes the leftovers for lunch Monday.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I try to put other things in and he wont' eat it.. i use a different type or brand of sauce and he wont eat it.. foods cannot touch so throwing chicken and potatoes into a crock pot is out.

My main issue is that its soooooo expensive to buy the groceries for me and the two kids, then separate groceries for him : (

there is litterally one way that he will eat each meal, it gets super tiring having a weekly list that looks exactly the same....every week... for the rest of my life...
    Sorry if this sounds harsh, but did you not know that 8 years ago?

lol ya i guess but on days when iv been running around and i need to make something fast and I throw some stuffing and a vegie on the table and he wont eat it and he goes .. whats for dinner? i tell him go look in the pantry there is all kinds of pasta and manwiches and soup and chicken and potatoes and one day there was left over pizza and spaghetti and he goes well I don't feel like any of that!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I try to put other things in and he wont' eat it.. i use a different type or brand of sauce and he wont eat it.. foods cannot touch so throwing chicken and potatoes into a crock pot is out.

My main issue is that its soooooo expensive to buy the groceries for me and the two kids, then separate groceries for him : (

there is litterally one way that he will eat each meal, it gets super tiring having a weekly list that looks exactly the same....every week... for the rest of my life...

lol ya i guess but on days when iv been running around and i need to make something fast and I throw some stuffing and a vegie on the table and he wont eat it and he goes .. whats for dinner? i tell him go look in the pantry there is all kinds of pasta and manwiches and soup and chicken and potatoes and one day there was left over pizza and spaghetti and he goes well I don't feel like any of that!
    tough *kitten* sht then!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    maybe he should cook himself dinner

This.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That looks exactly like my Bfs list! When I make spaghetti, i chop up a lot of different veggies and throw them in the sauce, so he gets some sort of veggie in him. He will eat broccoli and peas though, anything else is pretty much out the window when it comes to veggies.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! This made me laugh.... Also, I really need my friends to see this.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    foods cannot touch so throwing chicken and potatoes into a crock pot is out.

Does he know all the foods *touch* in his guts:noway: Anyway, get a cookbook with pictures. Show him the pictures and ask what he thinks about trying something new. No matter what he says cook it anyway. If he won't even try it, then punch him in the nuts. When he opens his mouth in pain, shove the food in. Trust me it works!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    So you married an 8 year old boy?

:laugh:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

I suggest you lay in a store of frozen burritos. Let him "make" his own if he doesn't want to eat with you. Don't make a big deal of it, but it sounds like he won't get tired of them.
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    I like to say that my husband eats like a kindergardener. The #1 thing I have to ask myself is "would a 5 year old eat this??"

Hamburgers
    Hotdogs
    Chicken nuggets
    Tacos
    Pizza
    Peanut Butter and Jelly
    Pasta
    French Fries
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Longer than mine's list. Heh. We just added oven fries. Wooo... :laugh:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I married a guy who had a mom who tossed frozen chicken in the microwave with a heaping pour of barbecue sauce.

He would eat anything that wasn't frozen chicken in the microwave with a heaping pour of barbecue sauce.

Honestly, the list isn't that short. And if he's amazing the other 30 minutes of the day, it's not that much trouble to cook something different or bring him home a couple tacos on nights you want to cook veggies and fish.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Then stop making it. He can cook for himself, or eat new things you make. It sounds like you're continually making foods that you've absolutely sick of.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Tell him if he doesnt eat his broccoli he's going to be put in time out.