size 12 jeans?

Options
Okay so right now im in a size 17 in jeans and i weigh 208pounds
I was wondering how much weight would i have to lose to fit a size 12?
BTW im 5'3

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    You are comparing apples to oranges. A 17 is Juniors sizing, a 12 is a woman's size. And every body is shaped different, so really there is no way to predict that. You'll just have to lose until you get there.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i am 5'8" 188lbs, and i am in a 12/14. it's tough to say, because everyone's body is different. When I weighed 150lbs, I was in a size 10!
    This may not be relative to you~sorry!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how you carry your weight (some do better than others.) There is this awesome site where you can look up pants size, shirt size, and weight and it will show you what it looks like and stuff on real women of that size (user submitted photos.)

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Most people I saw at pants size 12 were 160-180 lbs

Edit: I am pretty sure most of these are women's size. Junior sizes aren't like women's or miss sizes because the junior sizes are designed for girls who haven't fully blossomed and/or don't have the extra baggage or sag in certain places that fully developed women are more prone to having.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other person that everyone is different. I can share what I weighed when I was a size 12. I'm 5'6" and weighed 170-180 at a size 12.

My body has changed though and I have a lot more muscle than I used to. I'm now 130 pounds and a size 2.

Your size will depend on how much muscle you have as much as what you weigh.

Good luck to you! It's very exciting to see the sizes go down as you make progress.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You are comparing apples to oranges. A 17 is Juniors sizing, a 12 is a woman's size. And every body is shaped different, so really there is no way to predict that. You'll just have to lose until you get there.

Actually, some women's brands use size 17, which brings home the point that all brands size differently.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    i am 5'8" 188lbs, and i am in a 12/14. it's tough to say, because everyone's body is different. When I weighed 150lbs, I was in a size 10!
    This may not be relative to you~sorry!

Yes, this is true. I'm 205 lbs and wearing a 20/22. My hips are wide.

ETA: I have a pair of 17 shorts that I have had since I was in my mid-late twenties. Those are my goal shorts.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I weighed 162 when I was wearing a size 10-12.
    Jeans all run different, though. A size 10-12 in Levi's was a size 8 at Old navy. I like old navy because I always felt smaller due to their size differences :)

I'm also 5'3"
  • Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had always heard it takes about 10lbs lost to drop a size. For me, though, it's been about 15lbs.

As others said, it depends on the muscle/fat ratio.
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For myself it seems that about every 10 pounds is a pant size.....
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in a size 14-16 now and I'm 190. It's not an easy thing to compare. :)
  • Shanellz
    Options
    I am 197 and I just started fitting into a 12 again. It's all about losing inches too.
  • JuliyaRN
    Options
    For myself it seems that about every 10 pounds is a pant size.....

thats probably the most accurate guess
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and last year when I hit 160lb I had to move up to a size 12 from 10. That's when I said enoughs enough and joined here.
    2 years ago I was a size 6 and 135lb. I am saving those pants, determined to get back into them again.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have an apple shape. I have no hips, thighs or butt. I have a huge belly to make up for it. I am 5'3. I could fit into old navy size 12 at 165. I fit into size 10 old navy at 160 but they are snug. Now in real pants I can wear a size 12 at 160. I have some size 11 pants from when I was younger and I still cant fit into those. I would say I still have another 5-10 before I can fit into those.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I agree that it depends on how your body carries weight. I carry it in my hip/love handle area and my belly. So jeans that fit perfectly in my butt and thigh area are tight around the waist. :grumble: I'm 5'4" 183 lbs and my butt and thighs are size 14 but my waist is lagging behind. Jeans just aren't for me right now. Not yet anyway.
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 8 and 156lbs i wear 10s but i gotta big booty
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" , 173 and am about a 14 closing in on a 12. I have no butt or hips.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I wear Junior's and I was a 12 at 160. This is USA sizing you are talking about right?
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Depends on your bones, too. My mom got down to 115 pounds (at 5'9") from illness and she still wore a 12. Looked awful, though.

I was a 14 at 175, but the waist was gappy, since my hips are really wide in comparison to my waist.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yea not something I can really answer....I'm 5'11", 184 pounds and I wear a size 12