pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Pizza - I EAT THIS.
    Lasagna - I EAT THIS.
    Spaghetti - I EAT THIS.
    Fettuccini - I EAT THIS.

Tacos (all types) - I EAT THIS.
    Taquitos - I EAT THIS.
    Enchaladas (the kind you make) - I EAT THIS.

Hamburgers - I EAT THIS.
    Sloppy Joes - I EAT THIS.

Steak - I EAT THIS.
    Shrimp - I EAT THIS.

Chicken (BBQ, fried, any other way you can think of) - I EAT THIS.
    Orange Chicken - I EAT THIS.
    Chicken Strips - I EAT THIS.
    Turkey (BBQ) - I EAT THIS.

Roast (beef, made into sandwiches or taquitos) - MEH.

Potatoes (preferred mashed, but also baked and fried) - I EAT THIS.
    Corn - I EAT THIS.
    Salad (with ranch dressing and croutons) - I EAT THIS.

ETA: I don't see what the problem is here.
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I used to have similar tastes and now have two stents. As with many, I had no heart disease symptoms and was lucky it was caught without damage. The transition wasn't that tough for me, and it certainly would have been nice to avoid the stents by starting sooner. I still eat foods that I love, and have gradually increased the number of healthy options that I find appealing so that now I don't feel like I'm sacrificing at all. My food diaries are open. Good luck!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey. Sounds like my fiance. I hide veggies in his smoothies. Don't tell.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    He would NOT go well at my house if that's all he eats, lol.
  • NinjaTheGinger
    NinjaTheGinger Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me, but my choices are even more limited.... And they can't touch each other. At all.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! I eat most of this, but in very controlled amounts.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    lol so much of this made me laugh : ) its so bland! ugh well anyways if I do let him have his meals and make me something else how do I keep cost down? should I stop buying soups and ravioli and salsbury steaks and all of the stuff he hates and stick to just these foods? for all of you who said your husbands list is the same how do you keep variety for yourselves while still making the same foods every single week?
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I used to have similar tastes and now have two stents. As with many, I had no heart disease symptoms and was lucky it was caught without damage. The transition wasn't that tough for me, and it certainly would have been nice to avoid the stents by starting sooner. I still eat foods that I love, and have gradually increased the number of healthy options that I find appealing so that now I don't feel like I'm sacrificing at all. My food diaries are open. Good luck!

This is my biggest fear. :frown: I try to make our food as healthy as I can, sneaking in extra veggies and whatnot.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    stop cooking for HIM and cook for YOU. He's a grown man :)
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    maybe he should cook himself dinner
    Also a good point. I'm a terrible picky eater, but I don't expect people to cater (pun intended) to my likes and dislikes. I do all the cooking at my house so it's rarely an issue, but if I'm at my parent's or something I'm perfectly happy making my own food if need be.

^^ Exactly what I was thinking. When my boyfriend wants something with meat (I'm vegan), he just cooks up his own chicken breast etc and adds it to his half. We usually make the main dish together, so if compromises need to be made, we both agree upon them in the process. I think you should continue to make yours and your little ones' food, and if he wants something different he can make it for himself. It isn't right to be expected to cater to everyone's needs (especially for picky eaters). You are not running a home-restaurant.
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I try to put other things in and he wont' eat it.. i use a different type or brand of sauce and he wont eat it.. foods cannot touch so throwing chicken and potatoes into a crock pot is out.

My main issue is that its soooooo expensive to buy the groceries for me and the two kids, then separate groceries for him : (

there is litterally one way that he will eat each meal, it gets super tiring having a weekly list that looks exactly the same....every week... for the rest of my life...

To be honest this doesn't seem like a problem MFP people can help you with. You are probably going to get a lot of 'he can cook himself then'. Just by how picky he sounds, it doesn't seem like it would work and would cause relationship issues. Don't forget the trolled out 'divorce him' comments.

As for the same thing every week for the rest of your life, but sorry .. you married him. I don't know how long your relationship was before the marriage, but you had to have had some clue that he was the type that liked things the way he likes things. Regardless, it doesn't seem like you married him for his eating habits. You've been with him for 8 years, there's gotta be other good qualities about him that trump his eating habits.

On that note just because HE wants his chicken a certain way, doesn't mean you have to cook it that way for everyone. Does he want fried chicken? Fry his chicken, bake yours and the kids or throw it in the crockpot for you guys. Roast beef? Make his taquitos, do something else for you guys that involves Roast Beef. You have to make things work for your lifestyle and your situation. You don't have to make different things for everyone, just tweak the two ways of cooking one type of dish. In this type of situation it seems like working those types of foods into your weightloss would be more ideal then spending extra money (which you clearly have an issue with) on buying many different things. Your husband has just as much right to want the things he eats a certain way, especially if he isn't on a diet change (if you are the main cook of the family.) You shouldn't force an eating plan on anyone, it's just going to get messy. It may be different if he was open to new things, but clearly he isn't, but that's on him. Work with what you have, you've spent 8 years with this man, hopefully you spend many many more years with him as well

TL,DR: Your situation sounds like it is way to personal to be asking for people for fix its. It's up to you to make things work around his eating habits, or for you and him to compromise somehow.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of the things on that list at my house too.

I actually think that "Build your own taco" night is one of the best meals for families with different preferences. It's on the regular menu at our house, in part because it's one of the fastest meals to cook. Cook the beef or chicken, heat up some tortillas, and pretty much everything else can just be set out cold. I don't have to have sour cream on my tacos and he doesn't have to have olives on his. Fun and interactive.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My bf has a great palate, but we cook separately most nights of the week because we tend to prefer different foods. I'm generally home (and hungry) first so I always tell him what I'm making and offer to cook for him and he either decides to join me or cooks on his own. When he cooks - same deal.

It works great for us.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    does he ever poop?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I was that way for years. It took going vegetarian to open up my horizons. Now, I'm one of the least picky eaters I know (except for the whole vegetarian thing, anyhow).
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options

This! In my house what I make for dinner is whats for dinner you want something else fine... make it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Also a good point. I'm a terrible picky eater, but I don't expect people to cater (pun intended) to my likes and dislikes. I do all the cooking at my house so it's rarely an issue, but if I'm at my parent's or something I'm perfectly happy making my own food if need be.

^^ Exactly what I was thinking. When my boyfriend wants something with meat (I'm vegan), he just cooks up his own chicken breast etc and adds it to his half. We usually make the main dish together, so if compromises need to be made, we both agree upon them in the process. I think you should continue to make yours and your little ones' food, and if he wants something different he can make it for himself. It isn't right to be expected to cater to everyone's needs (especially for picky eaters). You are not running a home-restaurant.

While you and I feel that way, he may not... and if that's the standard/expectation that has been set in their household, she may be stuck unless she wants to take on that battle. Only she knows how much resistance she might meet.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh. You are wonderful - practically a saint - to have dealt with this for eight years. I'd have strangled him before our first anniversary. My sympathies on your continued kitchen martyrdom.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    No intended meanness...but he sounds like my three-year old.