Replies

• dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    bump
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and I love it. It's very easy to use, I have no complaints.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options

Same here.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and my husband has the FT7. The 7 has more bells and whistles but none that I have ever needed.
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just got the FT4 and like mine so far.
  • LadyPippen
    Options
    I have a polar ft 40
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I thought long and hard about mine. I ended up with the FT60. I have medical conditions and this one suited my needs best. I had the FT7 but sold it because I wanted one with an alarm that would sound when my heart rate hit a certain level. I believe the FT4 does this. The FT4 was my original choice but due to my conditions, my doctor recommened the FT60. Got mine from heartratemonitors.com. Was 135 vs the 220 from Polar's site. Amazon is another excellent place to purchase one.
  • TexanAngel79
    Options
    I just got the FT4 and I am very happy with it! Very easy to set up and use!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Same here.

I'm thirding this.

If I remember correctly, the FT4 is the older style will the FT7 is a bit newer

I got this off Polar's website:
    FT4-At a glance

For those who want basic heart rate-based features to keep their fitness training simple.
    Shows when you’re improving fitness based on your heart rate
    Displays calories burned
    Comes with comfortable fabric transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk

FT7-
    At a glance

For those who want to know if they’re improving their fitness or burning fat.
    The EnergyPointer tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning
    Displays calories burned
    Comes with comfortable fabric transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk

You can also compare both of them on the Polar website as well.
  • michigangirl75
    michigangirl75 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just got the FT4 also and love it! It's very easy to use =)
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and love it, but from what I've seen and read the FT4 should suffice.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    GARMIN!!!! Love mine and felt the need to play devil's advocate :wink:
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Do you have an iphone? I have the Polar H7 bluetooth cheststrap which turns my iphone into a HRM getting me lots of bells and whistles through apps than the equivalent amount of money spent on an HRM
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I bought the FT7 because I wanted to use the datalink to port my data to the computer instead of entering it all in by hand.
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have the H7 with the chest strap. I love it. It sync's to my iPhone and I can view the data that way. I just don't like wearing a watch when I workout.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses peeps!