Beautiful Blues 5/18/10

Options

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Rach, good luck with everything! I am glad you found a job, You can make it the next couple of weeks. You are strong!

Here's the new chart, I figured I would just add to this board and start a new one next week...

challenge28.JPG

I mostly had to get away from what I was doing for a bit--I am going crazy with numbers that just don't add up!

Have a great day!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey blue team.
    I'm back. It was an amazing time. Week in florida in the beach house, sun every day, BBQ, and well... 18 beer for $8.99. We went through alot of those. LOL
    The wedding went beautifully on the beach, and my wife looked awesome. The dinner cruise at sun set was amazing, and the honeymoon in Jamaican was outstanding.
    I picked some good choices, but I made some bad choices. hehehehe. It's all good.

I just printed out my new P90x worksheet so I can restart another 90 days. I did gain a few lbs, which was possibly expected. I'll see how much I am by monday.
    Will try to catch up and read back some replies.

I will be posting some pictures in the next few days along with my 1 year before and after.

Hope everyone's doing great . Go blue team.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Welcome back Peter! I am glad you had an amazing time. Have fun being married! Gee I think bad eating is allowed at your own wedding!:laugh:

Here I am up and about to exercise. I have been re writing goals and reading Dr Phil's weighloss book. I know my hang ups are all mental right now. I know I can do what it takes, but for some reason I have been giving myself excuses. Now to work on that.

Smadag, good luck with the drive we will miss having you around. Take care and have fun!

Hi Ho Hi HO, Off to exercise I go! :flowerforyou:
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    Just back from the gym!!! Burned 570! I'm SOOO close to that 600 mark! Maybe by next week some time I'll finally make it there. I'm pushing myself so much. It feels great! Sweating like crazy though :)

Time to finally eat lunch and get back to work. So glad the weekend is almost here :)
  • debnu1
    Options
    Great burn Fawkes! You can do this! I have been thinking it is Friday since yesterday. My week has been thrown off majorly!

I only got a 20 min workout in this morning but I did it. Now to do 30 or more tomorrow.

Happy healthy lifestyle!
  • thumper44
    Options
    Hiya fawkes, That's a great burn. 30 more calorie burn is not that much more to achieve. I'm sure you can do it.

Deb, you can do it. Set that time aside for your workout. Make that appointment. :smile:

Well, while |i was in Florida, I did get a jog in one day with my Bro in law. We were walking on the beach 2 wives as well. We walked to a pier, that was closed and we saw another pier in the distance and suggested to walk to it. Make story short. when we got there, we had to pay to get on the pier. (fishing and spectators), laugh, since all of us had NO money, it was just a long walk.
    I had made a comment about how far it was and BIL said "well you've been doing all this jogging etc". I then took the chance. I asked him if he wanted to jog back. He said sure. He's 6ft and probably 150lbs, and after we started I find out he used to jog 30kms a week or so.:noway:
    We jogged back approx 2.5 kms (~1.5 miles) in 15 mins. (10 min/mile since I had someone to push me). After that it was just a lot of walking in Florida, and Jamaica.

Last night I had the energy and wanted to get right back into it, so I did a 2 lapper jog/walk around the block for 6 kms(4 miles) in 48 mins for a 736 calorie burn.

I'm looking forward to getting another jog in tonight after work. We're getting awesome weather up here that we brought wish us. LOL :laugh:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Peter- Glad everything went well and you had lots of fun. I'm looking at your new pic and your abs look great! Wow!! I'm glad your back and can now push it with us!!

Fawkes- Awesome workout, and so great that you can workout while at work!!!

I completed my workout for the day: P90X Legs and Back and Ab ripper. I love legs and back, although some people don't, b/c I like anything that tones the legs. I'm seeing improvement in my legs!!!! Tomorrow I have my morning run planned out and then I hope there's no rain this weekend so we can get outside and enjoy the nice weather.
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    Ugg, nto sure I can make it to the gym today.. i'm feeling quite nauseated today :( Thought it would get better from this morning, but it has not!

Peter, I'm glad you had fun! I live in FL :) I've been on a cruise to jamacia and once you get past the port and into the actual island, it's very pretty! I loved going to the falls (I don't remember what it's called ).

You're doing great Mayra! How did your run go this moning?
  • MayLan
    Options
    Fawkes- Hope you feel better, and maybe it's just TOM or something you ate.

I completed my workout this morning and ran outdoors 24 minutes which is an improvement from last time's 20 minute. I'm feeling pretty great and I also completed P90X KenpoX for 58 minutes. I'm going to be doing my hair later and getting things ready so we can get to church early tomorrow. It looks like a nice weekend so we'll definitely have to spend our time out more. My plans are not to have any more cheat days on the weekends. Like I said before, if I want to eat something, I'm going to check that I have enough calories for it, or work out. Enough Yo-yo weigh ins.

Take care everyone, and have a great workout!!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    It is a beautiful day today--surprising since on Monday we had snow! I am going to go for my first ever swimming lesson in a couple of hours. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I grew up with a mom who talked of the genetic fear of water in the family...so I never thought I would want to learn let alone take lessons. Crazy. Wish me luck!

Have a great day everyone!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Here are some before and after pics of me... so far.

This is me before having our baby..during our honeymoon.

199725_7427.jpg

I actually did take some before pics in my shorts and sports bra but my hubby was messing with my camera and I think he deleted it a while ago..... Aggh...

199725_7856.jpg

And the last picture I took....I'm going to be taking the day 60 pics of P90X at the end of the 2 months, coming soon.

199725_5187.jpg
  • MayLan
    Options
    I found my before pics..hidden in some folders.

199725_588.jpg

199725_5617.jpg

and after:
    199725_8747.jpg

199725_5187.jpg
  • thumper44
    Options
    Mayra, - You've done an awesome job so far. Keep kicking it, and you'll keep seeing improvements. Your only 15 lbs away from your honeymoon weight :drinker: :wink: You can do it.

That was one thing I had noticed in my last 4-5 weeks of P90x before vacation. EACH week I was noticing something different. A different body part toning up/muscle bulging/fat disappearing.
    Thanks for the comments about the abs. They do look good in that pic :blushing: I can't flex or make them look like that again if I tried. The light/shadows were just right for that pic.

One thing that made me feel good though is it does show some progress and hard work that I've put in. I just need to lose some more insulation, plus I gained 3-5 while away.
    Thurs night jogged/walked for 6kms, last night wogged after work 3kms, today legs were sore so I walked for 4 kms.

Fawkes - Hope your feeling better and you find out what it was that caused you to feel nauseated. I know if I take multi vitamin without food, my stomach feels like crap.
    I also wish I lived in Florida. We had 1 week of awesome weather. We were in Clearwater, and then drove we drove over to Miami. Driving back to toronto from Miami was a nice drive and we brought the weather with us. :smile::drinker:

Deb - Hope the swimming lessons work out ok. Just remember don't panic in water. Be one with the water LOL -
    CoughCough, how's your P90x going? :flowerforyou:

Well Monday I'm back to do another round of P90x. Full proper 90 day round. LOL I'm also going to try the nutrition phase 50% protein 30% carb and 20% fat for phase 1 is going to be tough. For me that's going to be about 225-250 grams of protein a day.
    I gotta get my before and after pics up. Guess I'm sorta afraid to put my first "before" pic up. lol:noway:

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Mayra, - You've done an awesome job so far. Keep kicking it, and you'll keep seeing improvements. Your only 15 lbs away from your honeymoon weight :drinker: :wink: You can do it.

That was one thing I had noticed in my last 4-5 weeks of P90x before vacation. EACH week I was noticing something different. A different body part toning up/muscle bulging/fat disappearing.
    Thanks for the comments about the abs. They do look good in that pic :blushing: I can't flex or make them look like that again if I tried. The light/shadows were just right for that pic.

One thing that made me feel good though is it does show some progress and hard work that I've put in. I just need to lose some more insulation, plus I gained 3-5 while away.
    Thurs night jogged/walked for 6kms, last night wogged after work 3kms, today legs were sore so I walked for 4 kms.

Fawkes - Hope your feeling better and you find out what it was that caused you to feel nauseated. I know if I take multi vitamin without food, my stomach feels like crap.
    I also wish I lived in Florida. We had 1 week of awesome weather. We were in Clearwater, and then drove we drove over to Miami. Driving back to toronto from Miami was a nice drive and we brought the weather with us. :smile::drinker:

Deb - Hope the swimming lessons work out ok. Just remember don't panic in water. Be one with the water LOL -
    CoughCough, how's your P90x going? :flowerforyou:

Well Monday I'm back to do another round of P90x. Full proper 90 day round. LOL I'm also going to try the nutrition phase 50% protein 30% carb and 20% fat for phase 1 is going to be tough. For me that's going to be about 225-250 grams of protein a day.
    I gotta get my before and after pics up. Guess I'm sorta afraid to put my first "before" pic up. lol:noway:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Peter- You look so different and have had a great transformation. Those 3-5 pounds are nothing, probably just water weight and sodium. I gained like 10 pounds in my honeymoon and then did some carb cutting and lost it. By the way, I was looking at your new pics and the wedding pic. You guys make a gorgeous couple and I can tell you had lots of fun. Let's bring on the P90X!!!! I'm on week 7 but next week I'm going to repeat week 7 because last week I missed some days.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mayra, you look awesome! Gee if I had been more disciplined I could look like you. :wink: Keep up the great work.

Peter, I took a full recovery week this week.:tongue: My body had just had it. I was getting up too early and doing to much I think. I am starting with week 9 on Monday and my daughter will be out of school for the summer as of Thursday so I can bring it a lot more. Strength training tends to make me hungry so my nutrition has been horrible--I am working on that.

The swimming lessons are going to be great. I have a book called conquer your fear of water. Just by reading it I have learned to float on my face and my back. It talks about staying inside yourself and in the moment to avoid panic. If I know how to control my body and what to expect while in the water I won't panic. I am driving a few miles to get to this teacher but it is a private pool to help my vanity, and she follows the teachings from the book so that makes me more comfortable. I didn't want to take lessons from a teen in a public pool. This will be much better.

I am doing yoga this morning wish me luck. Sometimes the vinyasas get overwhelming...

Have a great day everyone!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Thank you all, looking at the pics has helped keep me motivated and notice the changes.

today is rest or xstretch day for me and I just finished 3 hours of cleaning! I'm counting that as my workout and hope to go to bed soon so I can do my workout tomorrow. Take care all!!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    This morning didn't turn out to be an early start like I planned last night, but hey, plans don't always turn out to be. I re-started P90X week 7 and completed Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps for 55 minutes, and Ab Ripper X for 15 minutes, and ran outside for 30 minutes. My run was an improvement from last times 24 minute run. I feel wonderful, and have so much energy. The scale is still not being nice to me...but so what...no scale can take away this feeling from me. I have all my meals planned for today and am preparing them for when we go out now. We're planning to spend the day at Six Flags. Take care all, fitness buddies.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I suppose I need to introduce myself again after such a long absence. Sorry about that. I have been incredibly busy. However, I finished the school year on Friday, partied, picnicked, and visited the zoo for my grandson's birthday yesterday, and sang at church this morning. My daughter took us to Subway for lunch since it's my birthday, and I must say the chicken orchard salad is yummy! Anyway, I thought that I would pop in and tell you that all is well in my world. I will probably stop by again tomorrow before I leave you again. Tuesday is our 36th anniversary, so my husband took the week off of work, and we are going to camp at the lake for the rest of the week. Hope you are all doing okay - I haven't had time to read any posts, but will try to skim through some. If you are interested in the music we sang at church this morning, here is the link. Just scroll down to today's date and click on it. Hope to see you all again real soon!
    http://www.firstchristiangb.org/music.html
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mary it sounds like you are having a great time! Have a lot of fun and have a happy anniversary!

Mayra, you are really taking care of yourself! That is awesome! Keep it up and you will see the scale change but it seems like mentally you don't need the number anymore because you feel so good!

Have a wonderful memorial day everyone. Don't forget to send in your weights! I am off to start week 9 of p90x. Chest and Triceps here I come. I actually lost weight this week. I mostly focused on not eating after 8 and asking myself if I was really hungry. It works! I didn't really even exercise all week. Talk about recovery--or just not doing. :laugh:

Have a great day! Keep up the healthy choices!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I am excited. I just ordered a free standing pull up bar for $99 off of amazon. It works for dips, push ups, pull ups the works. :bigsmile: I can't wait til I get it. I did Chest and Back today. What a workout. I am ready to actually use a bar instead of bands, I keep imagining the one I have snapping in half!

Have a great day!