Any Veterans out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Navy Journalist 3rd from 1964 to 1966. Yep, I served during the Vietnam War; but I was assigned to Patuxent River Naval Air Station. That was a very long time ago...almost 50 years. Wow! It seems like just yesterday, when I was weighing in for boot camp. I was 134 pounds and STACKED. 38-24-36 and I didn't even realize how good I really looked. I had starved myself for year to lose 52 pounds, and I still thought of myself as a fat girl.

This photo was taken of me in 1965 on a flight from Washington to San Diego.

I look at my old pictures of myself at my first duty station, and I'd like to smack that tiny idiot girl for thinking she was fat.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Nuc Bubblehead. 86-94.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Options
    USAF 73-94. T81199(SP Superintendent), then 3C090(Communications Superintendent).

Got up to 316, down to 241, going for 195. Goal, fit into my service dress. Antique as it is.. LOL

Billings, NORAD, Eielson, ElForko Grande, Cavalier AFS, Fairchild, Alconbury UK.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    USMC. You guys and girls rock!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Retired Airman (1984 - 2008) 3M071 (Commissary) and 3S271 (Education and Training Manager)

George AFB, CA, Hanscom Field, MA, Elmendorf AFB, AK, Little Rock AFB, AR, Misawa AB, Japan, Al-Udeid AB, Qatar, Keesler AFB, MS.

Have been here more than 740 days...will do what I can to support and motivate anyone desiring it! Please add away!!
  • cprough
    Options
    I am not a veteran myself, but my dad was in the Navy, my uncles were in the army, my husband was in the Air Force, I have friends in the Coast Guard AND I am the VERY PROUD MOM of a MARINE. tHANK YOU TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES.