Good gift for a pregnant friend

Options
RenewedRunner
RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
Okay so one of my really dear friends is pregnant, and I would love to get her something good for her birthday. Maybe around $50ish max. Gift cards are fine but maybe you guys have some ideas?? She likes to: cook, sky dive, loves wine (no more for a while though lol), and is infatuated with her husband. She used to do triathlons but of course that is also on pause. And she was on the swim team in high school and college and still swims all the time

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    $50 worth of diapers?

JM
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Okay so one of my really dear friends is pregnant, and I would love to get her something good for her birthday. Maybe around $50ish max. Gift cards are fine but maybe you guys have some ideas?? She likes to: cook, sky dive, loves wine (no more for a while though lol), and is infatuated with her husband. She used to do triathlons but of course that is also on pause. And she was on the swim team in high school and college and still swims all the time
    Perhaps send her to have a prenatal massage? Gift certificate for maternity portraits?
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What about a couple's cooking class?
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Gift certificate for a pedicure! Pregnant feeties need TLC!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Pay someone to come to clean her house and make some home-cooked food a few weeks after she's had the baby!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    A box set of her favourite TV show! Especially if she is feeding the little one herself, there is nothing worth watching on at 3am - Been there twice!
    Pedicures are good!!
    Baby Sitting vouchers from you to her would also I know be really appreciated and as they are free can be thrown in on top :) - I remember how difficult getting just a hot bath was!! so put them into sections - 1 Hour, 2 Hours 4 Hours and if you are feeling brave and overnight, she can then use them as she gets more comfortable leaving the small one in someone elses care
  • lunnay
    lunnay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't give a pregnant woman skydiving vouchers!

I second all the massage / pedicure suggestions. The suggestion to have someone come clean her house and cook for her is a good one, but I'm assuming you want something before birth. If that's not the case and the gift can wait till then (or even if you want it for after she has given birth), then having someone clean her place and cook would probably be a godsend for her. :)