Full Timers: What's your favorite lunch to bring?

Options
Like most of us, I work a full time office job. Granted my hours are different, it's still a full, pre-planned 8 hours.

My go-to meal:
Skillet fajitas (chicken or pork, green pepper, onion, pico, garlic & LOTS of cayenne)
Steamed broccoli
Mandarin

Snacks:
Carrots
Wholly Guacamole (100 cal packs, that's more than enough!)
Trail Mix
Mandarins (if not in the meal already)

Drinks:
WATER!
Unsweetened Lemon Iced Tea (in a thermos)
Hot Black Tea

What's your go-to for work?

:glasses:

Replies

• JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Keep at desk:
    water
    peanut butter
    granola
    crackers
    peanuts

Bring in daily:
    TONS of veggies raw or cooked or a salad
    string cheese

I change it up sometimes adding or taking out some things but those are mostly my everyday foods
  • LisaGod85
    LisaGod85 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I drive an hour to work for my 8-5 and so I eat breakfast at work as well.

Lately I've discovered I really love Quinoa for lunch.

Breakfast:

I keep a container of cooked egg whites I pop in the microwave for breakfast.

Lunch:

Quinoa with half a chicken breast as a base - so versatile!
    I'll add: cucumbers and garlic vinegrette, or home made guac, or spaghetti sauce, or indian sauces, etc

At my desk I keep unsalted or lightly salted organic nuts and apples.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    At desk: Water, water & water. Pop chips 1/2 serving.

Bring: Atkins shake (I'm not on extreme low carb diet) I like the taste, and they're filling. Chicken in a can (like tuna) mixed with minimal amount of mayo. Add pickles and peppercinnis (sp?). Or actual Tuna the same way. Soup, an assortment of different Progresso Light soups that I keep here at the office.

And more things that escape me right now :)
  • scottibb
    Options
    I bring lowfat cottage cheese and either tomatoes or baby carrots pretty much every day. For snacks I have nonfat Greek yogurt, sometimes fruit and sometimes Kay's Naturals or Medifast protein snacks.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Those are all good suggestions!

I generally keep tuna in a pouch, trail mix and some super dark chocolate at my desk. Sunflower seeds, too.

I make my food every day before I go to work, but I don't work in the morning so I could see that being a roadblock for some.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    morning snack: Protein shake and small banana

Today's lunch : 96% lean ground beef, 1 oz mild cheddar cheese, 3 tbs salsa, 0.5 oz tortilla chips

afternoon snack: Kind Bar (Fruit and nut)

*I used to have a small jar of Nutella at my desk.. FAIL!!! I kept dipping into it haha. I keep a couple Kashi bars and unsalted nuts at my desk if I get hungry outside of my scheduled snacks.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Main meat: Chicken
    Main sides: Quinoa, lentils, carrots
    Main snacks: carrots, edamame, string cheese
    Main daydream: Pizza Hut Meatlovers Pizza, Christina Hendricks and/or Gisele Bündchen (bringing me a box of apple fritters)
  • elysia319
    Options
    In my desk - raw almonds, canned chicken, pouched tuna, popcorn, rice cakes, almond butter and uncle bens brown rice microwave containers.
    Breakfast i have at home usually oatmeal, peanut butter and protein powder.
    Lunch usually protein like chicken, fish, turkey burger with veggies and a card like brown rice or microwave sweet potatoe.
    Snacks usually are Fage greek yogurt with cinnamon and apples. or almond butter with plain rice cakes.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    At desk: Water, water & water. Pop chips 1/2 serving.

Bring: Atkins shake (I'm not on extreme low carb diet) I like the taste, and they're filling. Chicken in a can (like tuna) mixed with minimal amount of mayo. Add pickles and peppercinnis (sp?). Or actual Tuna the same way. Soup, an assortment of different Progresso Light soups that I keep here at the office.

And more things that escape me right now :)

Ever try that olive oil mayo? That's my favorite right now. I put that in my chicken or tuna along with jalapeno and pickles (or some brands sell a jalapeno pickle, which is pretty good) :)
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I make my lunch the day before.. I work and go to University 6 days a week so being organized is really important.

I try and switch it up every day.. sometimes I'll bring leftovers like Quinoa or make fried rice (left over brown rice, a bunch of peppers, broccoli, carrots, onion and an egg all fried), Tuna sandwich (tuna, greek yogurt, lemon juice, pepper), Spring Salad w/ avocado (salmon on salad or mixed beans)

for snacks: almonds, rice crackers, carrots and celery, homemade protein bars, apples and bananas, raw broccoli, yogurt, if I'm at work I'll bring hemp protein, spinach, greek yogurt and a banana to make a protein shake :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    In my desk - raw almonds, canned chicken, pouched tuna, popcorn, rice cakes, almond butter and uncle bens brown rice microwave containers.
    Breakfast i have at home usually oatmeal, peanut butter and protein powder.
    Lunch usually protein like chicken, fish, turkey burger with veggies and a card like brown rice or microwave sweet potatoe.
    Snacks usually are Fage greek yogurt with cinnamon and apples. or almond butter with plain rice cakes.

I read this but all I could think was Elysia is hot, Elysia is hot, Elysia is hot
  • jaimrlx
    Options
    Main daydream: Pizza Hut Meatlovers Pizza, Christina Hendricks and/or Gisele Bündchen (bringing me a box of apple fritters)

Hahaha. My daydream consists of pizza, lemon bars, chocolate, pizza, and.. pizza. It's my favorite food! :flowerforyou:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options

Hahaha. My daydream consists of pizza, lemon bars, chocolate, pizza, and.. pizza. It's my favorite food! :flowerforyou:

Haha. If you bring me a box of apple fritters, I will order you a pizza. :)
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner the night before.

Tuna salad makes a nice snack or filler in the event there aren't enough leftovers.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I buy a rotisserie chicken on the weekend and use the breasts for 2 lunch meals during the week. My lunch for the remaining days comes from leftovers at home, usually chicken or pizza.

I pack fruit almost daily - strawberries, grapes, blackberries.

Snacks include: reduced fat peanut butter, low-fat string cheese, almonds, 100 calorie popcorn, and Nature Valley granola bars.

I only drink water.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I spend my lunch hour in the gym so I just drink a shake when Im done so I can spend the most time sweating :)
  • jaimrlx
    Options
    I buy a rotisserie chicken on the weekend and use the breasts for 2 lunch meals during the week. My lunch for the remaining days comes from leftovers at home, usually chicken or pizza.

I pack fruit almost daily - strawberries, grapes, blackberries.

Snacks include: reduced fat peanut butter, low-fat string cheese, almonds, 100 calorie popcorn, and Nature Valley granola bars.

I only drink water.

The rotisserie chicken idea is fantastic! I've never thought of that before. Thank you for this!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Lunch:
    *1/2 ham or turkey sandwich. 1 Slice sprouted wheat bread with the mustard of the day, 2oz of turkey or ham, sometimes some mixed greens leaves and onion slices
    *365 Woven Wheats
    *1cup cucumber and/or red pepper slices and/or carrot slices with 1oz homemade hummus
    *Roasted vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, onions, peppers, etc.
    *1/2cup some quinoa or other random grain concoction

I try and do this at least 3 or 4 times a week. Allow myself to go out once a week.

I also keep some random soups, raw almonds and bananas, oranges and apples at work for mid day munchies
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just made some Bok Choy and Kale last night for the first time and fell in love. So from now on, my go to lunch will be a Bok Choy and Kale mixture with shrimp or fish and a sweet potato or quinoa (never tried it but keep hearing great things about it).
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

90cal Fiber one bar (always in my desk
    OR
    FF Greek Yogurt

Lunch:
    Tyson pre-cooked chicken breast (once in awhile add BBQ sauce or Franks to change it up)
    Frozen mix veggies

I have been eating daily since last May, and it NEVER gets old.

I dont snack at work, but drink the heck outta water with flavoring added.