should i force myself to eat protein?

Options
i could seriously live on fruits n veggies (with some carbs n fats. for calories) but protein is important becuase..............?

Replies

• BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    "Lack of protein can cause growth failure, loss of muscle mass, decreased immunity, weakening of the heart and respiratory system, and death."
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/protein-full-story/
    Harvard School of Public Health
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    i could seriously live on fruits n veggies (with some carbs n fats. for calories) but protein is important becuase..............?
    Here's a great article which explains it well. Scroll down to the "Protein" section:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/a-primer-on-nutrition-part-1.html
  • dangtienthanh97
    Options
    Protein makes you feel ful longer :) There some yummy food with lots of protein out there ;) It also helps you to build lean muscle ;) Protein is good ! OH And thanks for adding me :)
  • jennnny
    Options
    I feel the same exact way!
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Same - but it's important. Try greek yogurt with fruit mixed in (since you love fruits so much). I love greek yogurt so much i could eat it twice a day.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Well if you want to have nice, lean muscle and be in shape, then YES! Eat protein!
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    protein is very important!!

How to Calculate Your Protein Needs:

1. Weight in pounds divided by 2.2 = weight in kg
    2. Weight in kg x 0.8-1.8 gm/kg = protein gm.

Use a lower number if you are in good health and are sedentary (i.e., 0.8). Use a higher number (between 1 and 1.8) if you are under stress, are pregnant, are recovering from an illness, or if you are involved in consistent and intense weight or endurance training.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    You are aware that your heart is a muscle, correct? Read the articles posted above.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Because your body is made of protein.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    There are lots of ways to get protein - peanut butter, certain beans, greek yogurt, nuts, dairy. Or just find a protein powder you like and make a smoothie! You're going to need it to build and maintain lean muscle mass, at a minimum.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    There are lots of ways to get protein - peanut butter, certain beans, greek yogurt, nuts, dairy. Or just find a protein powder you like and make a smoothie! You're going to need it to build and maintain lean muscle mass, at a minimum.

peanut butter!!!!! :D