Negative attention or Bullying due to Weight.

Options
Do any of you have stories to share regarding bullying or negative attention because of your weight alone?

Last month I was walking a dog in the snow when up ahead, hiding behind a wall was a bunch of lads, mid to late teens I'm guessing.
They were throwing snowballs with great force at passing traffic which is idiotic in itself but they upped their *kitten* quota in my book when they began hurling them at a passing, elderly pedestrian.
The pedestrian passed without saying a word and of course I was next in the firing line along with the dog I was walking. They hit the dog several times which had me fuming so I asked them to stop.

More snowballs rained down on me along with "meh ****ing shut up, you ****ing fat *****" and words to that ilk. Repeatedly.

I never let stuff upset me but they were so vile and vicious that I found myself in tears multiple times that day.

Replies

• KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. If that were me I'd be tempted to let the dog loose to chew on some testicals. Freaking a-holes. Sorry you experienced that.
  • chunkermunker
    Options
    Looks like we're not allowed to say naughty words here huh? I was all censored and shiiit. lol
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Don't let a bunch of douchey kids make you cry. I f*cking hate teenagers..
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I am sympathetic because of what happened. That was horrible and cruel and teenagers are barely people. Trust me, I work with them and love them, but they are like puppies that still have a long way to go before they are properly trained. Some owners of teenagers do not know how to use a leash, training school, etc.

HOWEVER. You said, "do you have any stories of bullying BECAUSE OF YOUR WEIGHT ALONE."

And it was not solely because of your weight that this happened. You said these kids were pelting cars, an elderly man, a dog...they were just being generally obnoxious asshats. The things they said were about your weight because that was the most obvious thing to them, but they were not attacking you solely because of your weight.
  • shesfatagainbutnot4long
    Options
    I think we all get negative attention from time to time, but don't let it dictate your life. You were out and walking your dog. You're trying to get healthy. They are some pretty sad people if they get pleasure from tormenting the elderly and people they think "less" than them. Karma will come back and bite them someday. You just wait... :devil:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    "Hello Police....."

To not react enables.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    No, I prefer to dwell on the positive things that will propel me forward. Not dark things from the past that can bring down my mood.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I am sympathetic because of what happened. That was horrible and cruel and teenagers are barely people. Trust me, I work with them and love them, but they are like puppies that still have a long way to go before they are properly trained. Some owners of teenagers do not know how to use a leash, training school, etc.

HOWEVER. You said, "do you have any stories of bullying BECAUSE OF YOUR WEIGHT ALONE."

And it was not solely because of your weight that this happened. You said these kids were pelting cars, an elderly man, a dog...they were just being generally obnoxious asshats. The things they said were about your weight because that was the most obvious thing to them, but they were not attacking you solely because of your weight.

^^^ this.

I've worked with teenagers a lot, and definitely do not take any of this personally. They have no idea about how much what they say can wound, and their intention is to push boundaries and make others think they're brave and clever. They are absolutely neither of those things, and have a LOT of growing up to do, and also could do with a proverbial hard kick up the backside, and if they're harassing passers by then the police need to be the ones to do that. In some cases the parents also need a kick up the backside, but in other cases it's reasonably well brought up kids who are pushing boundaries, whose parents will give them a worse kick up the backside than the police after the police have finished with them.

If you're in the UK there's a number for non-emergency police assistance, reporting minor crimes, antisocial behaviour etc, that's in the phone book. (although it has to be said some police forces are much better than others at dealing with this kind of thing, it depends on how overworked they are already I suppose, as more serious crimes will naturally get priority, but police forces usually have community officers who will attempt to deal with this kind of antisocial behaviour from kids).