hows this food log look? Thoughts? Improvements

Options
Feel free to tear it apart if you like. :) I'd like to hear what YOU would change about this meal plan.

I feel comfortable with the calories, and the Protein/Fat/Carb ratios for where I'm currently at.

Thanks for your feedback ahead of time.

01-1_zps4be60451.gif

(right click - view image) to see the whole thing.

Replies

• VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty good, but instead of the fiber one bar, why not add some fruit and nuts or seeds. I would nix the yoplait for a greek yogurt or low fat cottage cheese. Maybe add some milled flax or seeds to that as well.
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would go with oatmeal and eggs for breakfast (egg whites for less calories) and only drink water
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I agree, add fruits and nuts to your yogurt. Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are all good for you. I also think you should eat more green leafy veggies. They barely have any calories and aren't going to make you gain.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You eat a lot of sodium so i hope you're balancing it out with potassium and drinking a lot of water.
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty good, but instead of the fiber one bar, why not add some fruit and nuts or seeds. I would nix the yoplait for a greek yogurt or low fat cottage cheese. Maybe add some milled flax or seeds to that as well.

I went thru a kick of eating almonds at work, 1 serving (28g) a day in the afternoon. I'll admit I'm sick of them.

and the Yoplait IS in fact a greek yogurt. See the protein # there. :)

Thank you for your feedback.
  • markdlennon
    Options
    I would go with oatmeal and eggs for breakfast (egg whites for less calories) and only drink water

All I am drinking actually is water. :) Finished three refilled 1 liter bottles of water at work yesterday, and probably walked to the bathroom once an hour. Drinking enough water has never been a problem of mine. :)

Cheers.

Oh...and I'm not a 'breakfast eater' in the typical sense.

• VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I went thru a kick of eating almonds at work, 1 serving (28g) a day in the afternoon. I'll admit I'm sick of them.

Glad to hear the yoplait is greek. Lots more nuts and seeds out there than almonds and they have tons of great nutrients. I prefer to mix mine with other things. A great option would be the leafy greens someone else mentioned with some grapes and walnuts. I'm not a big breakfast person either, so I get that.
  • markdlennon
    Options

Glad to hear the yoplait is greek. Lots more nuts and seeds out there than almonds and they have tons of great nutrients. I prefer to mix mine with other things. A great option would be the leafy greens someone else mentioned with some grapes and walnuts. I'm not a big breakfast person either, so I get that.

Looking at my list, it IS missing some leafy green veggies. I could definitely add broccoli to that list as long as I can add just a sprinkle of cheese to them. That's a guilty pleasure of mine for sure.

About the breakfast thing, I'm reading quite a bit from Martin at Leangains.com, but definitely not following what he preaches in it's entirety.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's much appreciated.