What do you do on your lunch?

Options
:flowerforyou: So this is the second day I went walking during Lunch. Today I ate and walked at the same time. I dont know what it is but it made me feel more fool than if I sat at the break room table watching tv! I eat a salad with a form of protein, usually chicken. I actually felt full after eating. Also it took me double the time to eat. I feel awesome!

Replies

• vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I work in a mall so sometimes I walk outside on my lunch, sometimes inside. I love it. It helps to wake me up for when I return to my desk.
  • bmconner4
    bmconner4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We have a fitness center in my building so I go to classes during my lunch. Everyday is a different class =)
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    lunch? whats that.... in my 12-14 hour day at work...i manage to be able to take 15 to eat what i can....grrrr i need a real job.....lol
  • seczneyd
    seczneyd Posts: 25
    Options
    I eat at my desk or outside.
    I try to go for walks when i remember non-heel shoes. :)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I have my gym bag almost everyday so I have shoes already handy. I put extra socks in there now.

Fitzio you are by law suppose to take 30 min lunches. If your boss gets mad tell him to take it up the State!!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i don't have a "lunch" really but i speed walk pretty far (about 10 city blocks) to get food and then eat at my desk while working

today was tilapia, brown rice and broccoli yum!
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    I eat my lunch 30 mins before my lunch break while working....during my lunch break I go for a 30 min walk, sometimes alone most times with other ladies in my building. I leave a pair of walking shoes in my desk, that way I can wear girly sandals or shoes to work and just change into my walking shoes for my walk!
  • shadows1177
    shadows1177 Posts: 33
    Options
    I all but inhale a salad with fat free dressing then walk up hills around my work for about 10-15 mins then come back in and eat a cereal bar and get some water and go back to work. I know that I shouldnt eat so fast but by then I am starved!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. I usually try and do something active. I either take a hike at a local park, go geocaching, which sometimes involves a hike, or today since it's warm and humid...went swimming. (after I ran this morning, I'm delightfully exhausted)

On days I do this stuff I eat at my desk before or after. Rarely do I sit and eat lunch, during lunch.
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I close my office door, eat my lunch, then either lean back in my chair with my eyes closed, or stretch out on the floor and... well, stretch! During the day, I am frequently jogging up and down the 30 steps outside my office to stretch my legs and relieve stress.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish I had time to do something on my lunch. I teach at 2 different schools and have a small amount of time to get from one to the other. So in my car I jam a turkey sandwich down my throat and that's about it. :happy:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I sit at my desk, in my office with no windows, and eat. I wouldn't mind going for a walk, or better yet a run, but I tend to sweat a lot and I don't have access to a shower :ohwell:
  • BAKECAKE
    BAKECAKE Posts: 10
    Options
    i usually get a half hour break and i almost always go for a walk. i work a desk job so i just have to get up and move!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I eat quickly & get back to work so I can leave sooner at the end of the day.
    I choose that over taking a longer lunch where I would be able to squeeze in a walk, but get out later.
    When working jobs with a set lunch time (1 hr) I would almost always walk or hit the gym even over lunch.