Snacking hell!!

Options
Hey!!

My biggest problem with food is snacks, I often reach for a peanut butter sandwich or something chocolatey! I have been better lately while dieting, I'm loving an apple cut up with a little peanut butter on that instead, but that could get dull after a while!!

What snacks do you rely on??

Emma xx

Replies

• 1jobean
    Options
    Celery with peanut butter
    popcorn
    Pickles
    Srring cheese
    almonds
    Blueberries
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    im just the same!!!
    carry them little boxes of raisins around with me for every time i nearly buy a cream egg haha

although as we speak im being naughty with cheesy potatoe wedges!!! but i tried to be good with cottage cheese rather than a hard cheese
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and chocolate are my weaknesses...I'm having a hard time with them lately.
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mini sized candy bars. I can eat one or two and it will silence my cravings.
  • emmajayneduff
    emmajayneduff Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You get a lot in a bag, right? I'd need the will power not to eat the lot lol!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    peanut butter (just nuts, no stabilizer), whole grain bread, semi-sweet chocolate chips/carob chips, frozen bananas (for "soft serve"), oatmeal-chia pudding, nature valley protein bars, dry cereal.
  • emmajayneduff
    Options
    Same here, seriously craving PB at the mo..........oh dear :embarassed:
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Don't see anything wrong with peanut butter as long as it's in moderation.
  • BriUndead
    Options
    I know how you feel! I love sweets so trying to pick out healthy snacks can be hard. I usually eat yogurt, string cheese, pretzels, apples with peanut butter, and kettle corn. Oh, you have to try the yogurts that taste like desserts. There really good.
  • emmajayneduff
    Options
    Oooooh cheesy potato wedges sound good! x
  • emmajayneduff
    Options
    Oh what's kettle corn?? x
  • StephGettinFit
    StephGettinFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Orville "Natural" Salt & Pepper Popcorn 100 Calorie Mini Bags.. DELICIOUS!

Or cut up apple. or baby carrots. or No Salt Added Cottage Cheese. Or Babybel
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i like to snack on 135 cal grilled cheese sanwiches!!! sara lee 45 cal bread, sargento 45 cal cheddar cheese, and cal free spray i cant believe its not butter! i also like the eas pre mixed vanilla or strawberry protien shakes, 100 cal for 11 ounces, blended with 1/2 cup frozen berries (40 cal), to make an awesome smoothie, or, get the chocolate protien eas shake and blend with frozen coffee cubes that you have made in ice cube trays, makes a nice mocha frapp!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    celery, radishes, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, magic pop rice cracker thingies from Kroger, Pop Chips
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Some of these were already mentioned but these are my go to snacks:

Almonds
    Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt with either blueberries, strawberries or raspberries added.
    Cottage Cheese
    Radishes (Weird, I know, but they are crunchy and spicy)
    Popcorn-I pop my seeds in a plain brown paper lunch bag in the microwave, no oil (it really does work)
    Hummus and carrots
    Celery and natural peanut butter
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I do the apple and peanut butter thing as well...one of my favorites. Also...

- Avocado half with some hot sauce dashed on

- Plain Greek yogurt with berries (I like pretty much any kind of berry)

- mixed nuts

- beef jerky

Those are some of my go to.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If you want your PB to go a little further for your apples, try mixing a little in fat free vanilla greek yogurt and add a dash or two of cinnamon. Seriously tasty and you get protein from both the PB and the greek yogurt while cutting the calories a bit (as the greek yogurt isn't as calorie-dense).
  • Danagirl28
    Options
    1 cup dry cereal (even the kid varieties are just over that!)
    2-3 mini candy bars / fun-size pack of m&m
    piece of fruit
    rice cake with peanut butter / cream cheese and cinnamon
    butterscotch/chocolate chips
    cereal bar (Nutri-Grain / generic version)
    mini bag of popcorn
    yogurt
    popsicle (many are only about 40 cal)
    fresh veggies (peppers/tomato/cucumber) sprinkled with season salt
    baked potato chips

depending on how much you eat, all of these are generally under 150 cal.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    If you want your PB to go a little further for your apples, try mixing a little in fat free vanilla greek yogurt and add a dash or two of cinnamon. Seriously tasty and you get protein from both the PB and the greek yogurt while cutting the calories a bit (as the greek yogurt isn't as calorie-dense).

This i will have to try!!!
  • rhonag
    Options
    - Fat free greek yogurt sweetened with coconut nectar (super lowcal and glycemic index) mixed with half and apple, or a few berries.
    - Small banana with 1 tablespoon melted chocolate (microwave a few dark chips). Just slice and dip!
    - toasted and flavoured sea weed
    - cottage cheese
    - Turkey jerky
    - peanut butter powder (oil removed so just mix with water)
    - home-made extra lean turkey sausage
    - Baba ganoush with less tahini than usual

I love snacks...