Freaking out!

Options
Ok so i might be over reacting, but i tried so hard this week, it was my first real week on the journey . I tried to eat healthy and eat my calorie limit and tried to drink my water, and I did the first exercise in forever, I just snuck a peak at the scales (not supposed to weigh in for 2more days) and oh my goodness I put on weight!!!

Please tell me that there is a reason for this and it won't last long,

Is it because I increased my food intake but my body is so used to not having enough good food that it is still storing every scrap it gets, or because I got a bit of muscle back from exercising? Last time I tried loosing weight on the slim program I drop weight at 1-2kg a week consistently for about 7 weeks then I fell off the wagon. And put it all back on plus more, hence why I thought I would try a more learn to eat right approach so that it sticks, but really WEIGHT GAIN!!!!! How much/long will this go on before I start loosing. Feel free to check out my diary if need be to help me answer these questions,

Ps I went over board with recording my stuff so that what is in my diary is everything that past my lips.

Thanks

Replies

• speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of other measures of success so don't pin all of your motivation on just that one thing. Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day? Did you go to the toilet before or after? What time of the month is it. I personally go by feel do you feel better? Were you feeling happier (before you stepped on the scales that is) I know that by eating right I am preserving my health for the long term and I will look totally hot sooner than later as I am sure you will too! Exercise keeps me sane and I have made some great friends and had some amazing experiences so if the scales haven't moved in the right direction this week that's ok
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    looking at your diary, you may need to eat more! I saw your age, not sure what your weight/height is.Try not to eat any less than your BMR

but dont freak out over one day. keep going, this is forever...your body needs some time

It could be water, could be nothing.. our bodies can fluctuate throughout the day. I know i weight 2-3 lbs more in the afternoon than morning
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Speedy beat me to it. How much weight are we talking? Your weight fluctuates throughout the day and even the week depending on what's in your system. One weigh-in is basically meaningless.

I really doubt that your "increased" intake is causing you to gain actual fat. Having looked at your food diary, it seems there are still some days where you're eating too little. Remember, you are supposed to meet your MFP goal, as it already takes care of the deficit for you.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There are lots of different reasons you could have stayed the same or put on a few pounds. I wouldn't worry about it this week and it may come off in two days! Make sure you measure and not just weigh. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see a change (hopefully next week)!
  • Delldgm
    Delldgm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    It was about 1 kg and it was at the same time in the morning, but forgot to take the loo and me steal cycle into account. I am a little shorty at 156cm and (shhh it's a secret started at 93.8 kg).
    I did change my cal goal after reading "helloitsdan's topic in place of a road map". that was really helpful. My fitness pal had me at 1200 but after reading it said 15-1600 so I went for some where In between the two to start with.

My brain kept saying it was ok but my heart kept say ahhhhhhh! I am trying to eat more, I really struggled to eat that amount this week a couple of the days I got the closest to my cal goal I felt so full and sick. Baby steps to get my tummy used to the extra food,
    thanks again for the reassurance
    Dell
  • silvermist18903
    silvermist18903 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's probably water weight. You've only started working out. Your body weight will go down soon. It's okay. Just keep trying! Don't give up!