Turbo fire or 90day revolution w/Jullian

Options
I want to start something new. Which one should I get ?? I have done a lot of Jullian DVD's but sometimes I don't like her talking but she does get results. How is turbo fire ?

Replies

• smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of Jillian Michaels either. I haven't done the revolution dvd, but i have done most of her other ones. I got some results (toning wise) but not much fat loss at all.

I did Turbofire for 12 weeks and lost 20 pounds, getting me down to my goal weight after my last baby. I really liked it a lot - it was challenging, but fun. The moves are very confusing at first, but once you get onto it, it is great. There isn't much though in terms of strength building (there is some - but the focus is mainly cardio), so it depends on what you are looking for.

Hope that helps!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    oH thanks that is good to know. I want to loose more 20 more lbs I can get strength from doing Jackie Warner circuit training a couple of times a week I love that one for my arms
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    I haven't done Jillian's 90-day video but I've done a few others. She's intense! I just got bored of the repitition. I've done Turbo Fire and am doing it again now. The last time I dropped 15 lbs and put on muscle. I guess I am a bit biased in saying Turbo Fire because it's all I've done and worked for me! Let me know if you have any other questions because I love bragging about the program! haha!
  • tammymusic1
    Options
    is the turbo fire hard to follow ?
  • momma83301
    Options
    If you like doing kickboxy/dancey type workouts, it is not too hard. She also does a lot of repetition so you are sure to get the combo down by the end of the sequence. I love Turbo Fire/Jam workouts because of the great music and Chalene herself. She is uplifting and funny all while kicking your butt. I like Jillian workouts too, but I agree, I get tired of her talking too :p.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The only Jillian workout I've done is the 30 Day Shred and I got really bored after awhile. I'm doing the Turbo Fire 9 week prep now (I felt I was a bit out of shape to jump into the regular schedule right away) and have lost 13 lbs in the last 7 weeks. It is fast, but it's really fun and the newest version has a Fire Starter workout that drills a lot of the core moves into you. There are also new to class options that break it down slower so you can do those before jumping in. I love it personally.
  • courtfort
    courtfort Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am doing turbo fire now and want to do her weight lifting one next (Chalean extreme) - I used to be a total Jillian fan .... But Chalene is better. And nicer!!
  • tammymusic1
    Options
    thanks............
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think both of the trainers you will get what you put in, but its different preferences for everyone, just whichever you choose work at your best level, good luck
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to like some of TurboFire workouts but Love JM and the 90DBR...depends on the pace...both have different teach technique...I Vote JMBR
  • bakerseve17
    Options
    I am doing turbofire and i love it but then again never tried a Jillian video.
  • Dionbe1972
    Dionbe1972 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    turbo fire is not a Jillian micheals item. that is Chalene Johnson. i have them both, but I have never been able to complete them but I think it is more my undiscplined nature that anything. I like to be outdoors or in the gym with a group of people vs being by myself at home. If the phone rings or my kids call, It is hard not to focus on me. but they both seem to be good programs,and I am going to do the 30 d shred with the group here to see if i like it. JM's body revolution first DV is pretty good, but I am not too fond of her talk. she can be crass at times and it doesn't really take that to make me workout if that is what I am going to do that day.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I didn't like all the balancing in BR. They are different though. TFviscmainly cardio but BR is a mixture of cardio and toning. There's also the option of a TF/Chalean Extreme combo.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i do turbo fire, i dunno something about jillian annoys me.
    Turbo fire is a little hard to follow
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Some people to Turbojam first to help with following the routines. I've also read that some people turn off the sound when watching JM and listen to music as they like her routines but listening to her, winds them up.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I want to start something new. Which one should I get ?? I have done a lot of Jullian DVD's but sometimes I don't like her talking but she does get results. How is turbo fire ?

LOVE Turbo Fire!! One huge benefit is I have been doing it for 6 days now and in that time I have lost 1 pound AND 1/2" off my waist! What I love also is that Chalene (the TF instructor) does not talk a whole lot like Jillian. Jillian just gets a little annoying after you have heard the same thing for 6 workouts...while Chalene gives more motivating things like "you are not tired, finish strong" at certain points in the workout. I like that there is not a lot of conversation on her part. Plus you FEEL it. Even the 55 minute Turbo Fire workout went by rather quick, I was surprised. I was worried it would be hard to finish but nope :).
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Now I will admit I just cannot follow Chalene's jab, cross, hook, uppercut sequence so I just jab the whole time...lol.
  • jaz050465
    Options

Now I will admit I just cannot follow Chalene's jab, cross, hook, uppercut sequence so I just jab the whole time...lol.

I do a mixture but not necessarily in the same order as her. I get confused too but as long as I do the moves, I don't worry if the sequence is correct.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I am doing turbofire and ripped in 30 jillian michaels. I kind of created my own. I have lost 4 inches so far in two weeks.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    TurboFire is fantastic!!!!!! I've been doing it since it came out and am still doing it today!!! Love it!! Add me if you would like support with the program :smile: