Fettuccini

Tacos (all types)
    Taquitos
    Enchaladas (the kind you make)

Hamburgers
    Sloppy Joes

Steak
    Shrimp

Chicken (BBQ, fried, any other way you can think of)
    Orange Chicken
    Chicken Strips
    Turkey (BBQ)

Roast (beef, made into sandwiches or taquitos)

Potatoes (preferred mashed, but also baked and fried)
    Corn
    Salad (with ranch dressing and croutons)

Seriously this took him 3 or 4 days to come up with and the worst part is its true! I have been cooking for him for 8 years and I can't think of anything he left out! : ( I need help .... ugh

Why, what's the problem? That's very similar to how I eat. In some ways, it's probably a bit bigger than my list would be.
    I 2nd that!
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Make dinner, if he is hungry he will eat! Trust me...everyone in my house eats healthy now. It took two years, but they are all on board. They got hungry :P lol
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    He'd be very hungry at my house.
    This
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    He'd be very hungry at my house.

Hehehe tough noogies hubby he's not being supportive or open minded.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    He forgot chips.

And corndogs..

And breakfast.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I hear there is a new thing where men can actually make their own meals. Sounds weird, but I hear it's true.

I think it's spelled D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

Or R.E.A.C.H.I.N.G.A.D.U.L.T.H.O.O.D.

Not certain if the OP's husband is ready for that. Mind you, with a manchild insisting that foods don't touch, he'd never have got as far as B.E.D. with me.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I cant stand picky eaters, its a huge pet peeve of mine. Thankfully my husband loves new foods. He doesn't like eggplant and thats it. I dont like corn and thats it. My older kids are like us and my youngest is the pickiest person I know and it drives me batty.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My BF is the same way. Extremely picky, extremely limited. That list is about what he eats. It gets boring as hell to eat with him.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hopefully he wouldn't eat all of that in one night!
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    maybe he should cook himself dinner

This - exactly what I was thinking! You're not going to change his eating habits, but you can influence healthier ones for your children!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My hubby says he only eats things with eyes... meat and potatoes! LOL
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I try to put other things in and he wont' eat it.. i use a different type or brand of sauce and he wont eat it.. foods cannot touch so throwing chicken and potatoes into a crock pot is out.

My main issue is that its soooooo expensive to buy the groceries for me and the two kids, then separate groceries for him : (

there is literally one way that he will eat each meal, it gets super tiring having a weekly list that looks exactly the same....every week... for the rest of my life...

This is one of the reasons I broke it off with my ex. Once I forgot he doesn't like pepper in his KRAFT (had to be the name brand) mac and cheese. Had to throw out or eat an entire pot myself. Why can't he buy his own groceries since he's the one who needs accommodations? Have you tried blending things or chopping them up small and putting them into his food and not telling him til after he's eaten it and liked it?
    My other advice would be to find the cheapest breakfast, lunch, and dinner he will eat, tell him to make it himself, and you and the kids are having (whatever yummy thing he's too crazy to eat) and if he wants some he's welcome to try it but otherwise he can make himself something.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    This is probably longer than the list my husband would make.

Divide up your grocery budget, everyone buy their own groceries and make their own meals. If you happen to want to eat the same thing and it works for everyone, great. If not, eat something different.

That's pretty much what we do at our house. After separating for a year because we fought all the time about nothing, we decided that we're both adults who can make our own decisions and manage our own lives. Now that we are back together, we continue to live as independent beings and are much happier.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    He's not a child. You shouldn't have to spend extra money for separate groceries or make separate meals every day. Cook what you want for you and the kids and if he's hungry, he'll eat. If he doesn't want it, then he can cook himself. You're not his short order cook.
  • TiffCK
    TiffCK Posts: 37
    Options
    I was a very picky eater, some of the foods you listed are some of my favorites! But, I did this thing called "trying new things" and wow, I mean, it really changed me. There are still some things I won't try, (oysters, sushi...) but my boyfriend would always tell me to try it, and I usually would. And I get it being expensive buying different groceries for you, your kids, and hubby, but he has to realize he is the unhealthy one here. You are trying to be healthier, and have your kids eat healthier. He's the one clogging his arteries. Instead of cooking separate meals a day, maybe cook 2 separate meals twice a week. That way he can eat his crap a couple times a week, but set a good example for his kids the other 5. And get healthier in the process. That is what I and my hubby are doing. I fixed him pancakes smothered in syrup the other day, (none for me) but he also had salmon and asparagus another day, and we both went a little crazy and had chicken breasts with mashed potatoes and gravy today. Now, I am still not the healthiest eater, I'm new to all this healthy stuff, but we are all doing better, especially in the portion control. Have him try new things, he's bound to like some of them. Even if he used to not like them, tastes change. I thought I hated a bunch of stuff until I realized my tastes buds aren't 5 anymore.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I hear you!
    My husband eats Pizza, spaghetti (but no meat), boneless chicken wings, mashed potatoes, French fries, hot pockets, CHIPS, cookies, hot tamales candy, Slim jims, jerky, Cheeseburgers, tacos, taco bake, chili, ribs, fried chicken.. sometimes he'll eat grilled, macaroni, cereal, pancakes, bacon, bologna, hot dogs/corndogs, no veggies, no rice, if its pasta it has to be marinara and no meat included. that's it.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Pizza
    Lasagna
    Spaghetti
    Fettuccini

Tacos (all types)
    Taquitos
    Enchaladas (the kind you make)

Hamburgers
    Sloppy Joes

Steak
    Shrimp

Chicken (BBQ, fried, any other way you can think of)
    Orange Chicken
    Chicken Strips
    Turkey (BBQ)

Roast (beef, made into sandwiches or taquitos)

Potatoes (preferred mashed, but also baked and fried)
    Corn
    Salad (with ranch dressing and croutons)

Seriously this took him 3 or 4 days to come up with and the worst part is its true! I have been cooking for him for 8 years and I can't think of anything he left out! : ( I need help .... ugh

This is EXACTLY how my dad is. Dunno how my mom has done it for 38 years. :laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I dont see the big deal.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I hear there is a new thing where men can actually make their own meals. Sounds weird, but I hear it's true.
    Is this a continental thing? Hasn't caught on in england yet :(
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1. his list is delicious

2. send him to his room without dinner. he's a child.