got yoga?

Options
Is anyone incorpriating yoga along with cardio in their fitness journey

Replies

• Bizzeemamanj
    Options
    I am! I love yoga. I'm a relative newbie, in that I only discovered yoga classes back in October. But I go at least once a week and do a 90 minute Anusara class and if I have time, I add a Hatha class once a week as well. I really enjoy the "flow" classes. The other days I do strength training (2 days) and cardio (1 or 2 days). The yoga is a fabulous compliment to all the other work I do and it's so good for me mentally. Love it.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I do! Have been for years. I credit yoga with enabling to run the distances I do. It's a wonderful compliment, and a great workout (vinyasa and bikram anyway) too!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I just started yoga the beginning of January, going 3 times a week, now in February I've bumped it up to 4 times a week. It's really changing the shape of my body. I've lost 2 inches off my waist and 1.25 inches off my hips.
  • kdclubb
    Options
    I kind of am..

I recently discovered the sworkit app. Sworkit=circuit workout and I absolutely love it. I do a 30 min session of the cardio, followed by a 30 min session of the yoga on it.. I know it's not full out yoga..but it definitely helps with not being sore after kicking my butt with the cardio stuff.
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    absolutely!!! I do yoga class at the gym and JM's Yoga Meltdown at home. Love it!
  • cocobuny
    cocobuny Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Omg,thanks everyone for responding.im deffinately going to increase my yoga sessions in my workout plan since all of u have had such great results which will allow me to be able to burn more cals in a week than my 20 min workouts 4 days a week.thanks everybody
  • cocobuny
    Options
    Im new to yoga too. today was my second day.i desperatly need to increase my flexibility.let me know your progress.im gona increase my yoga sessions due to allthe positive yoga feedback.yhea im excited
  • mindiv
    mindiv Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am! I started it last year and loved it' and kept it up while I was pregnant as much as I could. My water actually broke when I was changing for yoga one morning! I'm just now getting back into it with a video at home twice a week. Love how it makes me feel!
  • cocobuny
    Options
    I am doing hip hop dance workouts on youtube and could not do a stretch that has one leg out as. you squat on the floor.i can do it know after three days i cant hold the position for to long but i can squat to the floor now.yaay.
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    I love yoga! I lifted weights and did HIIT for three years and I slowly transitioned over this past year so now I pretty much only do yoga and go for runs and I feel great. Sometimes I miss lifting and will go and haven't lost any strength so since I'm not interested in getting bigger yoga is alone enough. I try to do 60 minutes at home three times a week and I got to 90 minute classes three times a week.
  • losefortylbs
    Options
    I love doing yoga and pilates. It makes your body feel so good!
  • wendyhill161
    Options
    I do a Zen class once a week this incorporates Tai Chi, yoga and Pilates, I love it. I am going to start to do a new yoga class next Tuesday. It makes you feel so good afterwards.
  • brownmousemama
    brownmousemama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do. I am doing incline walking (was running, but an old knee injury ruined that) on a treadmill 5 days a week along with a 15 minute yoga set when I wake up each morning and a 45 minute yoga set every night before bed. It's absolutely amazing! I am addicted already!

In a few months I plan to start doing Bikram Yoga(like hot yoga) at the studio near my house. I want to wait a while though so I am a bit more flexible and used to the poses before attempting them in such extreme conditions.
  • cocobuny
    Options
    Since im new to yoga and a lot of u have had great sucess.whats the max weightloss have u recieved from yoga
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Since im new to yoga and a lot of u have had great sucess.whats the max weightloss have u recieved from yoga

I don't think yoga is necessarily a good weight loss exercise. It doesn't burn a whole lot of extra calories, even when I sweat my activity monitor registers it about the same as sitting on the couch watching tv. I do attribute the changing shape of my body to my new found yoga practice, plus it feels good to get all stretched out. If you are looking for maximum calorie burn/fat burning cardio yoga just isn't it.
  • cocobuny
    Options
    I must agree that yoga has made me feel better after my workouts and my body isnt in a whole lot of pain the next day after my workouts. If yoga well give definition to my body than im excited.:love:
  • abibt
    abibt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey - just to say I lost 2 stone over 9 months watching calories and doing core strength vinyasa yoga (Sadie Nardini), the only exercise I did bar walking (4or 5 x 40 min session a week). Its a question of picking the right style if you want to shift pounds and gain flexibility..
  • 12biggles
    12biggles Posts: 2
    Options
    Absoloutely.
    Have to, as find my body gets stiff and sore especially now weather is turning cold.
    Find it helps me to keep stretched and flexible.:flowerforyou:
  • minkmagic
    minkmagic Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey - just to say I lost 2 stone over 9 months watching calories and doing core strength vinyasa yoga (Sadie Nardini), the only exercise I did bar walking (4or 5 x 40 min session a week). Its a question of picking the right style if you want to shift pounds and gain flexibility..

You wouldn't be able to give an example of what videos of hers you used? I'm doing a one of her 30 minute series for overweight yogis three-four times a week at the moment but I'm just curious as to which videos of her hers that people prefer.
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    I have to do Yoga once a week as part of P90X. It is the hardest workout in the program! The Wheel? WTF?