Im doing everyyything right!!!

Options
soo.. im in the medical field and i learned loads about the human body that made me change my entire lifestyle. i have read all the answers to fix the 'plateau' stage. but ive actually tried it all! i know whats right from wrong, i work out, diet, eat very frequently. i mean theres the random splurges here and there ... (but that to me means ill accept having a piece of cake at a wedding) so splurges are not a daily thing because i have actually fallen in LOVE with the great healthy food options. everything from my coffee, to bkfast, to dessert has changed to healthy options.
i run around 3 miles like every other day. and switch it up with the elliptical also.
i do a little strength training every once in a while too (few times a week)
im telling u... ive changed all my friends' lives! but i have yet to be in the shape that i want! theres still that specific belly roll and my arms, legs and such are not exactly as fit as i want them to be. and i still wear the clothes i wore before i changed my entire life! i mean i went fro having no breakfast and lazagna/pizza dinners to oatmeal and salads and soups and wheat bread and bulgur wheat and yogurt and running on top of that.

whats next for me????? or am i just obssessing???
im not psycho about dieting at all... i actually am very happy with myself but im getting frustrated a bit with what im putting in and not getting out of it.

pleeeeeeease help me!

Replies

• relicsloft
    relicsloft Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you sound like you think about this a lot... do remember the affects of stress on the human body? take some yoga, eat luch outside, walk your 3 miles with a friend and have a laugh. Stop focusing on the hard wait for change but enjoy life and being active and doing right things (i cant help but think of your strong, healthy lungs). You are so full of will power and drive, you are doing a great job.
  • Dhouse
    Dhouse Posts: 4
    Options
    I can't help ya, but I can sympathize with ya! I worked my butt off for four weeks straight, burning about 1,000 calories a day on the treadmill and logging my food and I lost two stinking pounds....discouraging. So, I chucked it all and now I'm back here again, trying to get the motivation and discipline to get myself together. I, too, have that little belly roll I would rather see disappear and I believe it will, but it takes commitment and perserverance -a couple of things I find hard to hang on to.

Try not to get discouraged, change things up a bit and eat what and as much as you are supposed to. Those seem to be the keys.
    Summer is here, so that's an opportunity to be out and active more.

Good luck to ya and hang in there.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this for?

Going from no breakfast and pizza to eating healthily may take your body some time to get used too.

Just keep going as you are, it sounds as if you are doing great. how often do you weigh or measure yourself? because sometimes you don't notice the weight or inches coming off as you see yourself every day, but they are gradually coming off without you even noticing!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It can take a long time before your body starts to change. Your body isn't going to adapt to your new habits over night. Think about how long you were eating unhealthy and how long you've been eating healthy. Give your body time to adjust to it's new kind of fuel fuel you're giving it.
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    Here's some Zen teachings for you. It's called

"The Greater the Haste the Slower It Is"

A youth went up to a mountain to look for a famous swordsman to learn swordsmanship
    "Master, if i practice diligently, how long would it take me to become adept at it?"
    "Perhaps ten years"
    "My father is getting old and i must take care of him. If i work far more intensively, how long would it take me?"
    "In that case, it might have to take thirty years."
    "You first mentioned ten years, and then you said it takes thirty years. I do not mind undergoing whatever hardship. I must learn it within the shortest possible time."
    "Then you would need seventy years to master it"

----
    More haste, less speed

Those who are too eager for results are apt to end up not having achieved anything. "Ordinary-mindedness is the way" means exactly this.

----

Sometimes, you just have to trust that you're doing things right and results will happen. As they say "patience grasshopper".
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation guys!!
    and for those who asked i have been doing this for about 2 yrs.
    i do see results but i guess i want more lol

its not like ill stop tho, i actually did it for my future well-being!
    i always give great advice to my friends and i never give it to myself! weight/waist size isnt the goal... ur doing this for ur health!

well good morning to u all and here comes another great run!
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's no consolation but I have the same issue. I work out 5 or 6 days a week. I live in a house with 38 stairs between the downstairs and my kids bedrooms- and I am always doing that journey! I weighed myself this morning hanging onto the wall so I could pretend I had lost weight. However, I am concentrating now on fitness. I KNOW that I can run faster, longer and more efficiently than I could 2 months ago. I am not being beaten by the scales damn them!

Keep going!

Ali x
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    I agree with u ali... and i guess there is that muscle-weighs-more factor.
    i ran 3 and a half miles today and felt AMAZING! so WHO CARES?! lol i dont want hard rock abs or flab-less limbs or anything... i just know loads of ppl who dont break a sweat for their 8-pack!
    its frustrating but... whatever.. i am incredibly healthy at the moment. & thats what matters.