Favorite thing to eat with cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    *any fruit
    *yogurt
    *chopped cucumbers and tomatoes with pepper and a tsp of Italian or balsamic dressing topped with a sprinkle of sesame seeds or sunflower seeds
    *mix it into egg whites scrambled with mushrooms and salsa
  • loopylisa67114
    Options
    I'm eating this right now -

1:1 cottage cheese & black beans
    about half cup chopped red bell pepper
    little bit of chopped red onion
    S&P
    sprinkle of olive oil
    red vinegar

I. am. in. HEAVEN! LOL

I also mix it with a light flavored yogurt and add walnuts and 1 cup of berries.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Crushed pineapples or apple butter.
  • maryvick
    maryvick Posts: 12
    Options
    sliced summer tomatoes sprinkled with salt and pepper then scoop of cottage cheese, then soy or tamari saucee plus garlic salt if desired great great summer treat
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Pomegranate. Too bad the season is so short.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I mix it with a scoop of natty pb or a tsp of vanilla and cinnamon.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i love cottage cheese (lowfat) i cant get into the fat free stuff .... but 1/2 cup is 400 something sodium :noway:
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    on a ryvita cracker with piles of thinly sliced celery and halved grapes

or halves grapes and slices apple!

now I want some
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Everything! I add it to my oatmeal (after cooked, it gives it a creamier texture!) or to make protein pancakes.

My new favorite thing is to mix it w/ sugar-free Jello (strawberry Acai flavor is sooo good!) and a few strawberries. Very low calorie, high protein snack!

I also use it instead of sour cream to top my chili or potato (especially sweet potatoes w/ a sprinkle of cinnamon!).

I buy the HUGE tub from Sam's club... it's 80 calories and 12g of protein... can't beat it!
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    bowtie pasta and black pepper is great with cottage cheese..heat it up until the cheese just starts to melt
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    With cayenne pepper on a multi-grain Wasa

I feel less weird now. Kindred spirit!

Don't know how to quote, but Yes! Except I'm willing to exchange the Wasa for a bit of salt. Sea salt, preferably, so you get a crunch with your salty surprise :bigsmile:
  • Valhead
    Valhead Posts: 19
    Options
    I love to use it as a hearty dip for carrots. Yummy! I am not a big carrot fan but I can pack those babies away with the cottage cheese!
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    Sliced Apricots.....or purple grapes, or sliced plums!!!!!!
    Every morning for breakfast!!!!!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    great ideas!

I like peaches or pineapple if i'm in the mood for a little sweetness, Otherwise it's garlic salt and black pepper. Yum!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird but it's really good: chopped tomato, chopped onion, mustard and S&P. Yum!
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    It is also good with salsa mixed into it. Or just some splenda and cinnamon!!!!
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The idea of eating cottage cheese with anything actually grosses me out. I eat mine entirely plain.
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    on cantaloupe or sweet potatoes mmmhmmmm:bigsmile:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Lay's classic potato chips. Used to scoop it up. Sometimes crumbled over like a topping. Still delicious after the chips get mushy.
  • leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered cottage cheese isn't as bad as I had made it out to be all those years!! :laugh: Currently I just pepper the heck out of it - but I think I'm ready to move on to other combinations!

Thanx for starting this thread!! :happy: