i know i know only 60 days ;/

Options
Hello I would like some advice.

I have 60 days till my April wedding and still need to lose 30-35 lbs.
I am doing the JM 30 day shred, and my diet has changed.
So what else can I do to make this possible?

Replies

• affini12
    Options
    Hello I would like some advice.

I have 60 days till my April wedding and still need to lose 30-35 lbs.
    I am doing the JM 30 day shred, and my diet has changed.
    So what else can I do to make this possible?
    Low carb
  • squirrelyk
    Options
    Low carb, low sugar, and amp up your exercise time as much as you can stand. It works, but its harder to keep the weight off if you go back to eating normally once you reach your goal.
    Remember it took time for that weight to come on, it's not going to want to go away that quickly without a fight!
    Good luck!
  • bethann223
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding! It sounds like you are doing what you can. Some people have a lot of success with low carb, but if you're counting calories that should work. If you want to lose the maximum amount of weight you can, limit your calories to 1200 a day. You can expect to lose only about 20 pounds max, and even that is stretching it.....but don't you think that's enough? Feeling good on your wedding day is not just about your weight :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

You should have started months ago and not waited until the last minute to try and lose such a large amount of weight.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Honestly?

I'd say that losing 30-35lbs in 2 months is not realistic. You'd be looking at needing to lose 3.5-4lbs a week; week in, week out.

The base issue here is that you don't need to lose 35lbs by your wedding day, you want to lose it and those are two totally different things. If you need to lose 35lbs then you should lose it in a steady, healthy and sustainable way and I'm afraid you can't put a 'deadline date' on that kind of undertaking.

The other issue is that you may lose 35lbs in 60 days if you do some kind of madcap crash diet and exercise until you drop but you also stand a massively big chance of piling it all on again in as much time as it took you to lose it and that isn't healthy either.

My advice, love yourself however you'll look on your wedding day. Your body and your health is not a fashion accessory that you can change at the drop of a hat. If you want to lose weight, forget about the wedding date and concentrate on doing it in a healthy way.
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A low everything diet. I did mrc diet a few yrs ago and lost pretty quickly.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Not realistic methinks. Even on a very strict 1200 cal diet i only lost 20 lb in 2 months. And I have not had ANYTHING sweet for example since Christmas. I had pasta or bread - very minimal - once a week.

You do not need to be stick thin on your wedding. You need to feel good on your wedding... losing 10 lb will be enough to feel good, then you will know what you do works and you can continue doing that. Being so strict and overrestricting will just make you give up within like a week.
    I'm guessing you don't want any saggy skin either so...
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    As others said, the 30-35 lb. loss in the time you specified would be unrealistic (or totally unhealthy). Instead, go at this in a healthy way so it's something you continue to build on in your life after the wedding as well. Whatever amount you lose will make a difference so accept that and revel in the fact that you're beginning a "new life" in more than one way. A better goal would be a healthier life rather than focusing on a one day goal...after all, if you reach a goal it's easy to say you're "done" and you ease up and revert to old ways.

Concentrate on each day to make it the best you can...and don't sabotage yourself if it's not perfect. Good luck and be a happy and lovely bride on your wedding day. After all, that's how your groom sees you.
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    I did try to do this time but it just didn't really work out for me. Now I have my dress bought, to buy a new dress is not an option. So I need to lose the weight for the dress and my self. I'm 166 right now eventually I would like to be my high school weight at 125. But with 60 days to go I would like to lose the 30 lbs to fit in my dress so I am thinking about trying the fad diets just for now for the quick weight lose I mean I do work out and am healthy I just need the process to speed up.

I'm thinking of doing veggies liquids oat meal cereals and salads with protine?
    I just need help!
  • LauraAshley95
    LauraAshley95 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but 2 lbs per day isn't going to happen. Not only is it unrealistic, it's not healthy.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are in this situation. It sounds very stressful. Any way you can see a nutritionist for a short term plan?
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You should re-change your plan. Depending on your current weight you might be able to lose 20 pounds before than but if you're not hugely overweight you're more likely only going to lose 10 pounds by then.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

You should have started months ago and not waited until the last minute to try and lose such a large amount of weight.

Seriously, why so doom and gloom? You must be perfect.

I would focus on low fat, higher protein, lots of water, fiber, and low sodium. You can't hope to lose a ton of weight, but you can de bloat and work on toning...which will make you look thinner. No one is going to weigh you on your wedding day, so focus on de bloating and getting as toned as possible.

Or you can follow the biggest loser diet and have a 3500 calorie deficit every day, lose a pound a day, possible murder your bridal party and fiancé before the wedding because your so hangry, and then gain back 20 pounds on your honey moon...but I would choose the first one.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I did try to do this time but it just didn't really work out for me. Now I have my dress bought, to buy a new dress is not an option. So I need to lose the weight for the dress and my self. I'm 166 right now eventually I would like to be my high school weight at 125. But with 60 days to go I would like to lose the 30 lbs to fit in my dress so I am thinking about trying the fad diets just for now for the quick weight lose I mean I do work out and am healthy I just need the process to speed up.

I'm thinking of doing veggies liquids oat meal cereals and salads with protine?
    I just need help!

you have time to get the dress let out.
    I don't think it's going to be possible to lose so much in 2 months though.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eat a moderate calorie deficit, exercise, and be proud of the progress you make between now and then. Your goal is virtually impossible, but you can make some good progress if you are committed.

Good luck!
  • hadley72
    Options
    Have the dress altered, it's cheaper than a new dress but you need to give yourself a break and realize that 30-35lbs in 60 days in very un-healthy and not realistic. You're setting yourself up for more stress than you need at a time that should be fun and exciting! So cut yourself some slack, plan to lose 10-15 and worry about the other 10-15 later; in the meantime have some one take the dress out a little and enjoy your wedding day!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but 2 lbs per day isn't going to happen. Not only is it unrealistic, it's not healthy.

Um, that would be half a pound.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I read your other comment...

If you try to eat only veggies and work out like crazy you are going to end up starving yourself which will lead you to be cranky and miserable and stressed out. Plus, more than likely you'll binge and could end up not losing anything!

I'm sorry your dress won't fit...they can let it out a size or, what I had to do for my wedding dress since I got knocked up a month after buying it and was 3 months pregnant at my wedding... you can get the zipper taken out and do a tie up back instead.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Eat well and healthily, move more, lose as much as you end up losing in a sane way (most likely 1/2 pound-1 pound a week, you might lose 10-12 pounds in the time you are given if you are very diligent), and use the time to figure out 1) why you waited until you were in panic mode to feel like you should do something, 2) how long the dress will take to be altered, since this is what you probably should be doing in the meantime, and 3) how to regain a healthy and realistic relationship with your body and food.

Congratulations on your wedding.
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It looks like I'm going to lose 45 pounds in two months, but I'm obese.

What are your stats?