Insanity, Does it Work?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I loved Insanity for several reasons.

1) an hour or less a day, done from home. A workable time commitment, for sure.
    2) I became much stronger. MUCH stronger.
    3) I dropped 17 inches and 13 lbs

You have to put 100% into it, but if you follow the macros and do TDEE-10% for calories, you will see really great results.

Two main reasons people fail to see the results they wanted with this program:
    1) They are inconsistent. Do it every day, zero excuses.
    2) They do not follow the eating plan.

The program is absolutely worth the cost, especially if you buy it online. I got my brand new dvd set on Ebay for 50 bucks.
  • TiffCK
    TiffCK Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post, as I was wanting to ask the same thing. As a full time mom of 2 small kids with just about 0 help, I need to exercise in the comfort of my living room. So far, I have been Zumbaing, with the Exhilarate kit, but really, I'm just sooo bored of it. I haven't really exercised in a week (since my floor exercises don't count as much to me, since I don't time them and just do a few whenever I feel the need) I really want to try Insanity, as I also worry that Zumba will burn muscle and fat, because I'm not sure it builds enough muscle. Thanks again for this post, I guess since income tax check is coming soon I can splurge the hundred and something it costs for the entire set.
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    oh this is so exciting to hear, i just got the programme the other day and it looks awesome. im kinda fit already and do pt already once a week but to reach my goal i have to train at least 5 days a week and who the heck could afford pt 5 days a week and i have nogym i can go to where i live.
    do you do it everyday?
  • embersdream
    Options
    i do tabata with my pt sometimes but i need help , and i need someone to push me
  • embersdream
    Options
    sorry i meant to be quoting, i forget to do that sometimes sorry
  • hayles_s
    hayles_s Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i do it every night when i come home from work in the garage and i have to push myself to do it otherwise i feel terribly guilty! Dig Deeper!
  • embersdream
    Options
    i do it every night when i come home from work in the garage and i have to push myself to do it otherwise i feel terribly guilty! Dig Deeper!
    ok so u need to do it everyday then ? would u get anyresults if it was say 3 times a week?
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't pay for a gym, we have a tiny one at work and I'll run a 5k on my lunc a few days a week. I think I'll start CLX or NROL4W after this, I need structure or I regain. I get that this isn't everyone's thing but for me I like having a schedule. Once I get to maintaining I'll likely run a few days and do 1-2 of these videos.

I only paid $50 for mine (got off Craigslist) and for me it's worth the money, since I plan on using them long term.

I agree with your comment on structure. I need it also. 5 miles on a lunch break thats insane! Watch out for your knees but keep kicking butt! What is CLX or NROL4W

New rules of lifting for women, and chalean extreme. Cha lean is another beach body program and new rules is a book that was recommended to me.

And I wish I was pumping out 5miles at lunch 5k is only 3.1, any more and my boss would fire me. ;)
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the few people who didn't love it. I did it after completing P90X and I felt like I lost muscle because the body strength exercises just weren't enough any more. I did not lose any weight.

I did feel stronger, and did better in the fit tests every 2 weeks, but it's kind of hard not to see results. When you do a certain jump every single day in the program, of COURSE you're going to be able to do more as the program goes on.

Honestly I'd check out one of those websites where the program is for free and try it out for a few weeks before investing in the program. You can probably do a search on these boards and find the link.

Either way- best of luck to you!
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up week 4 today. Down 3 pounds roughly, but my fitness is up a ton. When i started i was within 7 pounds to goal, and its pretty hard for me to lose weight @ this point.

With that being said, i'm very happy to be taking the time to do it. the results show, and i'm excited to finish so i can start running outside again (My 3 days of running a week has been taken over by 6 days a week of insanity) but totally worth it. Plus its only 8 weeks, 2 months, and it's something different.
  • MNTom
    MNTom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 68 years old. I started working regularly when I was in my early 30's. It's made all the difference for me. When I was losing 17 pounds about 8 years ago, I was so glad that I had the 150-300 calories a day that exercise bought me. I can't run anymore (bad knees), but there are lots of other things that can be done.

There is only one diet that works. I call it "The Four-Word Diet". Eat less, do more.

Tom
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    sorry, meant to add to that quote there...check out fitnessblender.com - they have many tabata styled videos...

I agree, maybe you should check out fitnessblender on youtube or got to their site at fitnessblender.com. They have some great HIIT/Tabata routines that are free. you could try those out first & see how you like this type of workout......

I also like Amy dixon's breathless body I & II which are Tabata style HIIT, they are tough but effective as far as burning calories.

I just bought a copy of insanity the other day but do not intend to do the whole program. I started lifting weights & don't want to overdo it on cardio every day & lose lean muscle mass, but i like these very hard HIIT videos. So i bought a used copy of insanity so that i will have more videos to rotate in on my cardio days. (i get bored watching the same ones all the time.)
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    sorry, meant to add to that quote there...check out fitnessblender.com - they have many tabata styled videos...
    Thanks I will!