I just over ate. WHY!

Options
I usually don't do this. But this week has been really bad, this afternoon I started feeling funny, so I thought hmmm. I haven't had many carbs , so I better eat a little, well I ended up eating more then I should of. Know I feel really bad..

Replies

• leanbody4life
    leanbody4life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad just brush yourself off and get after it again. I have been there and done that not sure why. But the next chance I get to workout I just push a little harder. Its gonna be a rough ride if your looking for perfection all the time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    With as little weight as you have to lose, your age, and your lifestyle (daycare) - your base calories should be a little higher. You're probably actually hungry on 1500 calories. Up it to 1800 and see if that helps control it. You should still lose. "1/2 Pound a week" is more realistic for you, anyway.

Also, once you start with eating a lot of carbs, it starts a cycle of wanting more.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    go for a hour fast walk now.,
  • aaronisaranger
    Options
    I agree with uping your calories to about 1800 a day, what kind of working out do you do? Also usually when you get the funny feeling it can tend to be a blood sugar issue. If it continues to happen I would recommend seeing a doctor about it.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It's just a minor setback, as long as you keep it that way. Just shrug it off and do better the rest of today and tomorrow. Carbs are my nemesis. I love them, but I know I have to watch it if I'm going to lose. If I eat something I shouldn't (like chocolate cake, lol) I count it all, and make extra effort not to let it derail me any further. One bad day doesn't have to lead to another. You've got this!
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I ate 5000 calories of absolute JUNK yesterday...

Today, I had my oatmeal and protein shake for breakfast and headed to the gym to lift.

It will be okay.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Remember you are your biggest critic! One day won't make a diet and one day won't break it
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    I have been eating over my calorie count (I mean WAY over) for a week and nothing bad happened... I didn't even gain any weight... BUT I know I have to go back on track so I don't get stressed... I work out every day and try to get back on track a bit more every day.
    You'll be ok hun!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Stressing about it probably does more damage to your body than a few extra calories does. Take a moment to rationally reflect and try to learn something about yourself and why it happened and then use that knowledge to make a plan for the next time you find yourself in a similar situation. We have to gain knowledge to lose weight.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    If I up my calories to 1800. Then go work out and burn 300 calories. I have to eat all back and that's not easy.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It probably took you years or at least months to put on the extra weight you did now...A long time of over-eating so don't worry that one meal will tip you back over the edge...Patience. Also, I'd go with upping your calories, too! x Good luck
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You slipped just once, we all do it. I know I am not the greatest when it comes to picking the right food choices but ... keep at it and each day is a new day!
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think when you're feeling hungry and have a day or so of eating more it's because you're under by too many calories and your body is protesting. I think the advice to increase calories is good. You can always decrease them again later. Isn't 300 hundred calories just a healthy muffin? Shouldn't be hard to eat that. :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days. No one is immune to over-eating. It's not always a matter of willpower, more that we are simply human. Sometimes we act normal - i.e, like someone who isn't counting calories. That's okay. Log it and move on. One bad choice does not mean you are trapped into making other bad choices.

(And as per why - I just figured out, like a week ago, that part of the reason I overeat is because I love the feeling of a food coma. Sometimes figuring out the "why" part is really helpful, if that's a problem of yours.)
  • trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to read the portion size before I start eating, and try to keep my meals with what it calls a serving.
    Don't let this be a set back and keep your eyes on you goal, you can do it!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    If I up my calories to 1800. Then go work out and burn 300 calories. I have to eat all back and that's not easy.

its very easy.

but, if you are eating 1800, and dont want to eat them ALL back, its ok.
  • MadisonMart
    Options
    When I over eat I "punish" myself the following day in both the gym and my eating. I will go to he gym and do my daily workout but when ,y body says time to go I go do another 30 minutes of vigorous cardio. After a day of over eating I tend to force myself to stick to 3 main meals or 4 smaller meals.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    I ate 5000 calories of absolute JUNK yesterday...

Today, I had my oatmeal and protein shake for breakfast and headed to the gym to lift.

It will be okay.

exactly what i end up doing on my cheat day sometimes. its totally fine if you get back on track from the next day on and eat clean throughout the week and exercise . one bad meal wont make you fat, same as one healthy meal wont make you fit.
  • amye004
    Options
    Turn this into a positive by analyzing the situation for next time. Was there something different about your day to cause you to have a funny feeling? What type of carbs did you eat? Was there something you could have substituted instead? How can you maintain your portion next time?

One of my favourite quote is "save your guilt for something good" and I apply it alot to my view on food and weight loss. Feeling bad and guilty at this point is a waste because there is not anything you can do to change this situation this time around (next time, definitely) Please give yourself a break. You said you don't do this often. Take a deep breath, and move on with your day and please know that you are not the first person to do this and you will not be the last person to do this.

Focus on the positive changes you've made and tell yourself that this one spot does not define you. It's easier said than done but I use it and find that I am able to move on. Good Luck!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Three tablespoons of peanut butter would do it. So would a large (16 ounce) glass of milk. It's not that hard!