Best motivation you've had?

Options
I figured this would be fun because it can possibly give other people some ideas regarding self motivation. Mine is this: I stepped on the scale to find out that I'm back in the 200s. I vowed I would NEVER go back to this and this is exactly what I need to get my *kitten* up and work. What about you?

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    I have a few things I think about but my favorite is:

Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin!!!
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hah I love this (:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    The other day when I was feeling lazy and contemplating not getting off my butt I came across this status update on facebook:

"I really need to wake up and get this weight off. NO MORE EXCUSES. SO MAD at myself."

The person who made this post has basically been starting a new diet, workout routine or program for like the past 7 years and is always going to "get skinny" .

I read that and said to myself. "That could be you in six months or you could be twenty pounds lighter. What's your choice?"
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    See my profile. That is my motivation.
  • katadams618
    Options
    Kassie...I am in the exact place this morning as you are except I've actually gained more than I lost last year. I am also struggling with the motivation to change and wondering how much my self loathing will help....one day at a time I am thinking and today I am motivated so am going with it!
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Min was my kids..

My daughter was laying on me and I told baby I'm hot... Mommy is fluffy so she gets hot fast. And she told me you're not fluffy mommy you're beautiful and I want to be just like you.

I need to better myself so they can actually look up to me....weight wise. My kids are underweight naturally and so was I as a kid til I actually had kids :)
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I looked at my life. I married my soul mate-17 years in August! We have 3 smart, healthy, well adjusted daughters. My husband and I have made decent career choices and we are financially ok. Life is pretty darn good:heart: So what's next?

I'll be 40 in August. I'm going to do it with Gusto!! For me, my life in general is great motivation :drinker:
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Looking at my body, not liking it, and knowing that it doesn't have to be this way. I can already see a small difference!
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    Having to buy a pair of UK size 16 trousers. I was genuinely horrified at myself, decided that I have to avoid the horrible "I've gone up a size" feeling for the rest of my life.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    A picture. It was this said picture that pushed me to lose the weight. The Picture has been pinned up ever since. Even though I'm at my goal now, that picture always reminds me how far I have come. It definitely helped when I was trying to talk myself out of a workout. One look and I got my *kitten* to the gym!
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My brother and sister were making fun of each other's non fitness, and may I just say I have always been the heavy one in my family. Well, they decided they wanted to beat against each other to see who could get more fit in a certain amount of days. I said I wanted to join the bet and my brother's reply was "no, you're already fit", needles to say I was not expecting that. It was a proud moment for me, and about 10 minutes later I beat his *kitten* at holding a plank :D
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1) In September, the cat peed on the single pair of pants that fit me. I had to spend a few humiliating days in shorts that I'd outgrown 20 pounds ago, with a hairband around the zipper to keep it zipped.

2) I've put almost six months into this. I absolutely don't want want this to be a waste of time.

3) I'm not doing anything else anyways. May as well make the time count.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Besides my picture

A few months ago my weight came to a hault, and I really felt like giving up. As I am laying on the bed my future hubby comes in and says," I know your not giving up, your a future federal marshal and giving up is not in your book." "Get up, and find a solution, but you are to damn determine to quit, your not a quitter." I love this man:)
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my entire FL here on MFP, they are all amazing people with incredible transformations, knowledge, and goals. They help me with nutrition as i stalk their diarys and they encourage every workout i do even if its a baby burn. This site and the people here have encouraged me to dig deeper as shaun T would say :)
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    someone asked where i want to be in two years time, it nearly brought tears to my eyes, a stark reminder that if i kept doing what i was going i would stay avoiding life and feeling uncomfortable & embarrassed every time i went out. i didn't start right away but i did start.
    i was also asked to be a bridesmaid the end of june, biggest motivation ever! the other bridesmaids are short and thin :noway:
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Been fat for 15 years! Found out I had Diabetes two years ago. As usual, my doctor gave me meds and sent me on my way. The meds made me gain more weight. Saw on The Biggest Loser that when they lost weight, they got off there meds. Off to the Doctor. He said YOU HAVE DIABETES, YOU ARE DIABETIC, YOU ....HAVE.....DIABETES!! Ok already, went home and cried. Another year passes. I have given up! My doctor retires. After 35 years with him, what am I going to do!
    Then the best thing happened. My niece told me about her Doctor. She said he was compasionate and really listened to you.
    Ok, lets give this guy a try.
    She was right. He told me that the meds do make you gain weight. He sat with me, gave me options, one of them being surgery, which I declined even thinkning about. He told me he couldn't take me off my meds, but gave me a 1400 Calorie diet sheet, gave me some ideas and inspiration and sent me on my way. Four weeks later, I lost 12 pounds . He made me feel so good about that and even took me off my Diabetic Medicine!! What!? I was elated! I have now lost 32 pouinds and am not looking back! 25 pounds to go and alot of toning, but, man I feel good! I know I have a long way to go in my journey. But it feels good to have someone in your corner who will help in any way he/she can!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I made the desion that i was going to lose 45 lbs in mid jan. because i could not get into my jeans. That 45 lbs is what i have gained in the last 10 years since my best friend died. I thought I could not do it on my own, In the first two weeks i lost 7.6 lbs. then two weeks ago today i started having chest pains after i was released from the hospital my dr had to start me on blood presure meds and told me that if i lost 20 -30 more lbs I would probably be able to get off the meds. at this point iI have decided to lose all the weight that I really need to lose wich honestly is about 110 lbs. I have lost about 4 more lbs. My whole family is supporting me wich is the best modivation.
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A few months back I saw a post on facebook that said "Summer is 9 months away. A new person is created in 9 months."
  • sarahshelmidine
    sarahshelmidine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My motivation is myself. A couple weeks ago I was looking through some photos on my laptop and saw one from about two years ago of myself. I was thinner and looked so in shape. Sicne then, I've acquired an amazing boyfriend and I stopped caring as much. Until two weeks ago when I saw that photo. I want to get back to that skinny little me! I want to fit into my older jeans that I haven't worn for quite awhile. That is my motivation.