Motivated!

Hi everyone!

I've been using MFP for lost a year, and I figured it was finally time to get over to the boards to introduce myself!

Anyways, my name is Ali, and I'm 25 years old. In high school, I was very athletic and sports consumed my life. Exercising every day was most likely what kept me slim (I was in great shape at 160lbs), because I never really had great eating habits. After HS I quit playing sports, partied a little too much at college, and never watched what I ate. Not only that, but I went to the doctor and found out I have a severely underactive thyroid and PCOS, which contributed to my weight gain. At that point, I was 5'8" and 250lbs. I realized something had to be done. I hated the way I looked and the way I felt, and I was ready for a change.

I started my weight loss journey early last Summer, and was doing really well (I was down to 215 by the Fall). But then, something in my personal life totally derailed me. I couldn't get back on track or motivated in any way whatsoever. Then the holidays came around and that didn't help my cause either. About a month and a half ago, I got on the scale and realized I had gained back almost 25lbs, putting me back at almost 240lbs. I was upset at first, but now I just accept it as part of my journey, and use it as a learning experience.

As of today, I weigh 226lbs. I'm motivated, feeling good, and back on track. My goal is to get to 160lbs, so I am down 24lbs, and have 66 more to go. I have a few friends on MFP, but I'd like to make some more friends who can identify with my journey. Whether you have already met your goal or are just getting started, I'd like to hear your story! So feel free to add me!

Replies

• Hi, I'm Ali! Over the past few months I've gained 30 pounds, after a tough breakup with my boyfriend of 1 year. I'm brand new here, so I'm looking for some friends as well!
  • Hey! I accepted your friend request! Lets keep each other motivated and hold each other accountable :) if you ever need anything, feel free to message me!