Weight Watchers

Options
Can anyone offer any insight into Weight Watchers vs. Fitness Pal? I have been using my fitness pal off and on for over a year but I feel like I need something more. I do my fitness pal but just feel like maybe weight watchers might help kick start me but I'm not sure if meetings are for me. I was looking at their online plan but it doesn't give you that much info... I'd appreciate any info. Thank you :smile: :smile:

Replies

• fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in March 2012. I lost 21 lbs on the plan from March to December. I had ups and downs along the way. I love MFP because it really opened my eyes to the junk I was eating that I thought was healthy. The downside to me for MFP is that I began to put too much focus on weighing foods and counting calories. I don't have an eating disorder, but I just don't think that's a healthy view for a true lifestyle change. I still use MFP because I've found very supportive pals who give me great motivation and ideas to stay healthy and fit. I just don't log on MFP.

I started Weight Watchers online at the beginning of this month. I don't know what I weighed when I started because my scale was broken. I just ate what I wanted and logged to see how many points I was consuming. I was way over target the first week, brought it down the second week and managed to stay within target the third week. In the first week staying on target, I've lost 5 lbs. I exercise at least 3 to 5 days per week for about 45 mins to an hour. It has decreased my level of stress of counting calories. I don't count points either... I just plan well-rounded meals and snacks and then see where they take me. It is working so far.
  • HeatherRM14
    HeatherRM14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Do a search and you can get a script to add to FireFox web browser that will calculate WWer points based on what you enter into MFP. I found this after I already signed back up for WWers. I have been using MFP for the past year and I haven't lost a pound. which is why I signed back up for WWers. It worked for me in the past. I still track on MFP (with the added WWer script) because my husband tracks on MFP.
  • easybeinggreen
    easybeinggreen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been logging on here and keeping up with my weight watcher's points as well. I didn't officially join, because I cant afford it. I just bought a cheap app off of the android market. It seems accurate enough I'll have to ask my sister. She's actually enrolled in the program. It seems like it's helping so far, but I keep going over my points as well.
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do WW meetings and have lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks. I like the meetings and like the zero points for fruits and veggies because it is very hard for me to get those in my diet. Since they are "free" I am at least eating a few more and my diet is generally healthier.
  • ritzy04
    ritzy04 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for repsonding that helps a lot! :smile:
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Hi Ritzy,

I didn't have much success with WW online, and I didn't go to meetings. I liked the fact I could access mfp from both my phone and computer. I had more success with MFP then WW..... I find that these message boards have been very informative and kid of work like a meeting and it’s all FREE!! I would say give MFP an honest go first and if it doesn't work for you then try WW.

Good Luck!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    One thing with WW is they do not have alot of foods in their data base. MFP has WAY more. As someone else stated you can find the points calculator online and compare from there.