Anyone had success without intense cardio??

Options
Lish1234
Lish1234 Posts: 39 Member
Can I hear some success stories from people who have lost weight without exercising?? I used to be a half marathon runner and recently was struck down by injury. I can't do any intense cardio or strength exercises. The most I can do is walk. I want to loose weight (or AT LEAST maintain it ...) but I'm not sure how it's possible without intense physical fitness. Have any of you succeeded with walking leisurely distances and watching what you eat?

Replies

• NainRouge
    NainRouge Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been steadily losing weight just watching my diet, while working a desk job 10 hours a day. About 23 pounds down and about 10 more to go before I reach my goal!

I'd say it's more than possible.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did by IF. I cannot do any cardio. But I did push ups, crunches, russian twist, vacuum pose and a lot of stretching. I lost 20 pounds.
    I also cleaned up my diet and was counting my calories. I reached a plateau 4 months back. But I have maintained my weight.
  • LauraAshley95
    LauraAshley95 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yup. I just lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks by just watching what I ate, no exercise other than daily activities.
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Watching portions and type of food your eating will help at first, if you can go for walks, it helps a bit more :) it's possible tho!
  • willieswenson
    Options
    You can defiantly lose weight without exercise, you just have to make sure your daily caloric intake is adjusted to have a deficit without work outs. Be careful not to lose weight TOO fast with out exercise, or with a fad diet, you may end up shredding lean mass as much as fat.
    Good luck to you! You can do it!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    walking and swimming burn decent calories for minimal impact x swimming and waterwalking/aqua jogging especially. half an hour of playing in the pool is 290 cal for me!
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump
    I really need to do this :)
  • miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Swimming works well for me
  • Lish1234
    Lish1234 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! So helpful and encouraging!
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lost more than half of this through walking and eating less for four months
    Used a fit bit to get me up from zero activity to walking 8 miles a day
    Intense cardio started as did not have enough time to do more than this and could actually do it for first time in years

I am sure it is possible

Now weaning myself of 8 hours per week cardio which has to some extent replaced food addiction

Hope your injury not too serious
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have done some lifting and a lot of walking. I remember some one told me that 90% is what you eat 10% is fitness.thats why i have about 10% to go. I have to get off my rear and get with it! Not easy when you only had one day off this month!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I lost about 30 pounds just by changing what and how I ate. :) I think your diet is the most important thing!
    Best wishes :)
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Before I had my first baby, I just walked and watched what I ate and lost 60 pounds. It's possible, just takes longer :)
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight by having a proper diet and deficit. Weight loss is mainly about diet. Exercise isn't required... and you can't out exercise a bad diet.
  • mblewis13
    Options
    Absolute success by walking for me! I track all my food in MFP and used a FitBit to track how much I walk. Worked great and was able to lose 30 lbs in just a couple months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!