Trying to figure this out once and for all

Options
2»

Replies

• Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna bump this just for more replies. I'm so sick of seeing 158.8 on the scale every morning.
  • affini12
    Options
    So I need more than Im eating? Sounds so scary, haha.

That's what they all say. :laugh:

Don't worry. Have faith in the system. :smile:
    So question for you. I am currently 303, and I do pulse fitness 4x a week for an hour and burn between 750-900 calories. So I'm assuming I would be moderate? Should I go ahead and do TDEE - 30% since I have so much to lose? Also, If I use that calculation, I get roughly 2300 calories, and my BMR is 2100. So on days I exercise I am actually below my BMR. Is this ok since it balances during the week? Thanks :)
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good question
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    So I need more than Im eating? Sounds so scary, haha.

That's what they all say. :laugh:

Don't worry. Have faith in the system. :smile:
    So question for you. I am currently 303, and I do pulse fitness 4x a week for an hour and burn between 750-900 calories. So I'm assuming I would be moderate? Should I go ahead and do TDEE - 30% since I have so much to lose? Also, If I use that calculation, I get roughly 2300 calories, and my BMR is 2100. So on days I exercise I am actually below my BMR. Is this ok since it balances during the week? Thanks :)

I honestly get a little bit grey in this area, but if you want my opinion, it sounds pretty reasonable. I'm on the fence about the 30% though. Since it's percentage based rather than a fixed number, I think it's probably better to go with 20%.