Time of the month?

WHAT DO YOU DO?! I want to eat ALL the food! I mean everything, What do you turn to when its that dreaded time? xx

Replies

• ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Im the same. Well used to be, Im on the depo shot and it means no periods (well had a 3 month long one now on my second jab and its gone) I used to just do something else. Either workout hard or play a video game or play with the kids or do something in the house to keep off the food.
  • I indulge more than I should, but not super-excessively. It never has a lasting effect on my weight, so I don't worry too much about it.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    I used to just give in but the past few months I have literally told myself to get a grip and that it's not worth it. I know it's not easy though. Maybe try to workout more to counteract the extra choc or whatever you're eating to minimise the damage
  • I drink Shakeology, it totally helps take the cravings away.
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    I think I'm quite lucky, (some may not agree lol) as I only tend to crave pasta and pizza...with a healthy twist :) instead of sweet things and so I just work what I crave into my food diary. If I do however fancy something sweet, then I usually have a few biscuits, which are lower in cals than a bar of chocolate and they satisfy me cause I love em! Lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I give myself a few more calories if I really need them. You're set on the bare minimum (1200) so you could afford to bump it up a bit without losing much, if any, progress.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    I drink Shakeology, it totally helps take the cravings away.

:laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I drink Shakeology, it totally helps take the cravings away.

:laugh:

That's a NEW one... :laugh: :laugh:

Also, OP..personally- I'd look into raising your calorie goals. 2nd - it's okay if you go over a few days. No one got fat in a day or a week. And if it helps:

"As you lay in your bed doing nothing at all, your body is burning up fuel, or calories, keeping your digestive system working, helping your heart beat and all of the other wonderful things that happen inside us that we don’t have to think about on a daily basis. Every thirty days or so, the systems in your body pick up another task.

With the menstrual cycle, the week of your period makes your body do some extra work. This extra work burns more calories and your BMR actually goes up. In some women, the week of your period can make you burn up to fifteen percent more calories, and you haven’t changed a single thing about your lifestyle!

Of course, if you’re trying to figure out why your period makes you so hungry, the answer is clear. Your body is doing more work; your body needs more calories. To get the calories it needs, your body sends a message to your brain telling you you’re hungry more often. Since you’re feeling hungry, you eat."

Quoted from http://www.iibc.com/hungry-period/
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    I am the same and I hate it! I try not to go over too bad but sometimes I just have to give myself a break so I don't kill my family!