Recipe books or websites: which are your bible?

Options
nurse_ratty
nurse_ratty Posts: 100 Member
Just wondering which books/sites people have adopted as their bible for fab recipes that help them maintain their weight or loose it. I have lost 11lbs in just over 35days now, MFP has been great, I was keen to keep cooking but low cal meals so I invested in two books to aid THE HAIRY DIETERS & JAMIES 15 MINUTE MEAL (as in Jamie Oliver) as each of these are my kind of meals/cooking each are great as detail cals for the whole meal, some where aleady on MFP too log others I've added, it won't be long before I've tried all recipes so will want to look else where so I don't get bored and to add more variety, so MFP peeps any ideas or recommendations? I certainly recommend these two books!

Ta Al
X

Ps apologies for spelling/grammar I am dyslexic so don't need any spelling/grammar police. Ta.

Replies

• JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste food blog. Absolutely my new go-to for recipes of all kinds. Try the Stuffed Peppers recipe.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html
  • nurse_ratty
    Options
    Oooh yes looks good! Thanks JVCB!

Keep them coming people!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My go-to site for recipes is eatingwell.com
  • kwennerholm
    kwennerholm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pintrest "health and fitness" section has tons of yummy, healthy recipes! If it doesn't detail the nutritional value, I just plug it in to the mfp recipes section and it breaks it all down!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com and eating well cook books are my favorite.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Go Healthy Go Vegan by Dr. Neil Barnard :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I like to search for recipes online depending on ingredients I already have in my pantry. Lots of times, recipes call for things you'll never need again and I don't like my pantry to be overstocked. Go to allrecipes.com and search by ingredients. Include and exclude the ingredients you want and don't want respectively and you'll find many options! Skinnytaste.com is always good. I'm Indian, so I follow Indian food blogs too. Saveur.com has some amazing recipes too from all over the world!
  • bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    www.theyummylife.com I really like how detailed she is, the recipes and pictures make it really easy to follow. Also she uses simple ingredients that I (usually) already have at home.

I do like eatingwell.com and skinnytaste.com as well. Definitely wanted to bump this thread for more ideas!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com .......emilybites.com ..........and hungrygirl.com have been the 3 that I use online quite often .... I also use all of my biggest loser cookbooks from time to time
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use Skinnytaste, Emilybites, and Skinnyms quite a bit.

I bought a cookbook at a garage sale awhile back that I reach for now and then - 1,000 lowfat recipes.

I usually end up modifying everything (I LOVE to cook and am quite good at it), but those are good jumping-off points.
  • nurse_ratty
    Options
    These are all great, thank you! Gonna book mark all these pages, keep um coming im sure others will find them of use also.
    Ta
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When looking for recipes here is where I go:
    Pinterest- I have a healthy recipes board: pinterest.com/jmbond06/healthy-recipes
    Skinnytaste.com
    MyFitnessPal
    Sparkrecipes.com

I have a huge binder of recipes I've printed off and cut out of magazine and cookbooks over the years. That is my Bible lol.
  • nurse_ratty
    Options
    Just came cross this looks like some nice light meal ideas http://www.thetwodaydiet.co.uk/recipes/ not up for a fad diet but food looks.nice
  • StaciG
    StaciG Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Worlds Healthiest Foods whfoods.org there are so many recipes and it breaks everything down. They are all quick and simple.
  • mbow1977
    mbow1977 Posts: 213
    Options
    some good high protein recipes on www.foodforfitness.co.uk
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Bump, looking for recs other than skinnytaste ( which is awesome btw)
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love the hairy dieters cook book we haven't had a bad meal from that book, I also use the bbc good food website my friend cooked their jambalaya last night which was delisious
  • myyovett
    myyovett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nurse_ratty
    Options
    The Hairy Dieters cook book and the Change4Life recipes (though some of these are a bit bland so I add extra spice/ flavours). I also bought a slow cooker cookbook yesterday from WH Smiths that has all the nutritional info in it including calories. I never seem to have time to cook properly so I usually make 2 dishes in one day that keep me going but then I get fed up of eating the same thing. I'm hoping the slow cooker will help me with this problem and will allow me to freeze food too.

Ooo which slow cooker book? I need one sounds greats can you tell us the name or ISBN number ta