How many times a week do u weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, first thing in the morning. I do this just to ensure I'm pacing myself correctly with weight loss (and it also adds a bit of self-prodding if I don't see any dips or see an increase :)

However, I record my weight on MFP once per week on Sunday.

It's worked great for me to keep myself motivated and in tune with my weight loss trends... 20 lbs down so far :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Dozens. Seriously need to reach goal weight so I can quit obsessing. Or at least get out of the 130s. It's going way too slowly now.
  • Abhishek1984
    Options
    once a week
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Once a week...although sometimes I can't bring myself to weigh, so I skip a week. lol.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Obsessively,several times a day every day.

Until someone challenged me to give it up for a month.

It's killing me but I'm hoping to keep it to once a week when the month is over.
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Every 19 days. More then that and I drive myself nuts with the ups and downs.

Also be careful not to put oo much stick in weight. My weight is remaining frustratingly the same but I've lost another inch at least, and that's just from looking and how my cloths are fitting.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oh, about ten or twenty times a day these months. You need a reliable scale for that. Fluctuations generally don't discourage me as long as I can figure out why. I realized yesterday that my weight went up half a pound after drinking a cup water; it never really clicked for me before that it was because a cup of water weighs half a pound. Put that way it seems so simple and logical. Of course I woke up this morning being two pounds below my goal, so I'm as chipper as can be, lol.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Usually twice a month.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I guess I would say .2 since I weigh about every 5 weeks, maybe longer.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Daily. It helps me stay on track.
  • Hogieefc
    Options
    I weigh myself every monday morning, if i am going to have a blowout day then it will always be at the weekend so find monday the best day.
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Every 5 th day when my days logged in updates itself. This way i dont need to think about a weigh in day
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I don't wanna get fixated on the scales .
  • Mistyfied_MD
    Mistyfied_MD Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know I'm hardly the only one who checks daily! I log my losses 2-3x a week, but I'm on the scale every morning before I eat. It's encouraging and motivating to me to see incremental losses nearly daily. As someone else also mentioned, it does help me understand how high-sodium days affect me, and how my period affects me.

I've struggled with losing weight for years. Recently my gynecologist discovered I have PCOS and a notable hormonal imbalance, which explains much of my difficulty in recent years. Since going on Metformin on February 1st, there has been a downward trend every single day but one day--and that was the day before I started my period. So yeah, getting on those scales is, for me right now, exciting!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessively weighing myself daily this week. Just curious on how many times a week most people weigh themselves.

I weigh myself just about every day; I am learning from it. Some people shouldn't weigh themselves but maybe once a month though, just for their own sanity.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning when i wake up, unless i drank the night before and made a late night trip to i hop.. then its just depressing to weigh myself.. but mostly every day to see if what i ate the day before made me gain weight/loose weight/ keep the same weight.
  • ZETAZEN
    ZETAZEN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Every other day. This lets me know which workouts are effective, since one week I'll weigh Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and the following week I'll weigh Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I have different routines on different days/weeks.
  • shannen1219
    Options
    When I first started in August I weighed myself daily. I now weigh myself every couple of days.:smile:
  • SexyPrettyMama
    Options
    One at most, sometimes as little as one or 2 times in a month - makes the reward greater plus weighing yourslef daily does not help, weight fluctuates due to water retention TOTM etc,
    I would say stop with the everyday:ohwell:
    x

Yep ^^^^
  • Sassystac76
    Sassystac76 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just started this journey with mfg, so I am thinking of starting out as daily, until I am confident with my eating and exercise.
    Once I complete my first 2 weeks and have my follow up with my doctor, I plan to move to a weekly weigh in,

I want to build confidence first, while being aware of my daily actions and results. (Plus I think this will help me curb from the wine with dinner :blushing: As a reminder of why not to have that glass, due to bloating, sugars and water retention)

Optimistically positive!!!