Do you think MFP is triggering to people in recovery

Options
Never mind, I'm promoting eating disorders again and I'm going to hell!!

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Then it isn't triggering for you. There is no single answer.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, and don't worry about others.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I haven't had an eating disorder, but I see how people can find it triggering.

People who aren't in recovery and use MFP for means other than what it's designed for, can be triggering. If you are friends with those people, it may set something off in you or it may not.. but each person is different.
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i think so iv never had a eating disorder but now im on the way to one so to speak i count every calorie and freak out if i cant get on here to log it
  • itsskinnylilslut
    Options
    Don;t loose yourself :(
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I can see how it could.Sometimes I feel that,in comparison to others,my weight loss goal might not be low enough and that I have a false sense of how I look right now and my accomplishments.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think it is completely the opposite to be honest...
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Always do what's best for you.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilt over food might be considered a symptom of disordered eating.

Edit: Holy crap... your goal weight is 60 pounds? Please get in touch with a doctor. Today.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    If MFP didn't exist, they'd only be doing it by using a physical diary or "head count" of everything. So no. It's justa different way of them keeping "count"/track.
  • itsskinnylilslut
    Options
    I'm only 5'0. And I know I'll never reach 60lbs, it's just the weight I'd consider myself skinny enough at
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    [quote

Edit: Holy crap... your goal weight is 60 pounds? Please get in touch with a doctor. Today.
    [/quote]

Just what I was thinking... If that is your true UGW you need help. If it is not, it's not funny... Change your page.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilt over food might be considered a symptom of disordered eating.

Ditto.
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    it definitely has a lot to do with people you friend
    if you choose those that are trying to lose weight the healthy way, this site is not triggering (but then again, it always depends on the person and the timing)
    it's ultimately up to you to think or rethink your goals
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    As someone with binge eating disorder BED I find that logging my binges and seeing how many days I havent gone without one helps. Who is telling you this and why are they saying that? Do you personally find that it is triggering you?

For me it doesnt trigger I love putting at the end of day I was successful and didnt binge. I havent binged since the 9th.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'0. And I know I'll never reach 60lbs, it's just the weight I'd consider myself skinny enough at

Skinny enough? You'll be sick or dead. :noway:

You need help. Not a forum.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Oh honey, please get help!
    60 lbs is pretty much only okay for like 4ft tall children.
    Not a 5'0" woman!

Please please talk to someone
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Honey, seriously, see a doctor who specializes in ED. You would be dead at that weight.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am a bulimic in recovery and find that logging on here definitely stops me bingeing as I'd be soooo ashamed to log it! Additionally it tends to be eating too much in one sitting that makes me want to throw up so logging tends to stop me from having too big a portion so again it helps. Finally, whilst I know that we should all be eating healthily the fact is that for some people that's really hard but logging the food and the calories takes away the guilt of having eaten something unhealthy. That's how it is for me anyway.

All the very best with your recovery and weight loss journey. Take it slowly and be kind to yourself along the way xxx
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If MFP didn't exist, they'd only be doing it by using a physical diary or "head count" of everything. So no. It's justa different way of them keeping "count"/track.
This discussion has been closed.