What would you suggest?

Options
I find breakfast to be the hardest meal for me to plan out. Maybe it's because I haven't been introduced to many healthy breakfast items. What do you have for breakfast? Recipes welcome! :D Thanks (:

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    A yogurt and 2 hard boiled eggs.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    A protein bar.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, protein muffins, eggs, yogurt, peanut butter on toast, etc...
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I skip it
  • boogiewoogiekar
    Options
    Today I had Quaker Oats , 1/2 cup dry, made with water, Raisins, topped w/ 1 tsp sugar and cinnamon. I also had a 1/2 grapefruit. My cousin told me about broiling them, and they are so good that way. I also top it w/ 1 tsp sugar and cinnamon. I can't stand fake sugar, but you could use that, too.
    Calories-279
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Baked oatmeal, Kashi GoLean crunch with a banana sliced in, homemade apple muffins with half whole wheat flour, greek yogurt with peanut butter and honey stirred in, a protein shake, a Kind bar.... but sometimes I don't eat until midmorning to mid/late afternoon, and it doesn't hurt anything (unless you're someone who is more likely to make poor eating decisions if you skip breakfast).
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple, toast, lowfat cottage cheese & coffee. Or yogurt, banana & coffee. Sometimes I'll scramble and microwave a couple of eggs with toast.
  • lifeispractice
    lifeispractice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    egg whites! lots of ways, with feta, spinach and tomatoes, or just hard boil eggs and eat the whites alone. My staple breakfast
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    me too.. i find i have to cook it the night before and then microwave it in the morning. last week i decided to get up 15 mins earlier than usual so I would have time to eat it before I leave for work.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Cereal (controlled portion -30-50g depending on what it is) with skimmed milk or almon milk... if you're after lower cals but to keep you going.

Another one is the "healthy fry up"
    I grill 2 lean bacon medallions (British stuff)
    Poach 2 fresh eggs (I get them from my chickens but supermarket are an OK alternative!)
    1/2 tin of peeled plum tomatoes or 2 grilled tomatoes
    2 slices of wholemeal bread from the smaller 400g sized loaves
    aboug 60g of grilled mushrooms
    and a teaspoon or two of olive oil spread for the toast.
    Serve with tea/coffee - although tea can stop iron abosrption so try not to drink it with meals if you have iron issues!

Or... Porridge made with oats and water with a splash of skimmed or semi skilled milk and a tablespoonful of dried fruit and or chopped nuts and maybe a drizzle of honey for sweetness. All sorts of porridge recipes!

Also,,, fruit segments or pieces such as melon, grapefruit and berries served with low fat plain greek yogbhurt. Lots of protein, vitamin C and nutrients and FIBRE!

Hope that helps! :)
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sultana bran cereal with greek yoghurt rather than milk (more filling)
  • katdell
    katdell Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love making porridge and I keep lots of blueberries and raspberries in my freezer to stick in it!! That way your not tempted to put any honey or sugar on top and it fills you up for the morning!!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    --Peanut butter on whole-grain toast

--egg (or two) "fried" in Pam, on toast, bagel thin, tortilla, or English muffin

--instant oatmeal, with a tablespoon each of chia seeds and PB2 stirred in (will need extra water or the chia and PB2 will make it too thick).
  • terrib1980
    terrib1980 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Eggs (hard boiled or scrambled), toast and peanut butter, and an orange or oatmeal, yogurt and some berries. Sometimes I'll just do a high fiber cereal and milk with and some bananas in there. Itry to keep it pretty simple because I don't have much time in the morning. We often keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge ready to go! :)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    2 rashers of smoked bacon
    6g salted butter
    1 slice of bread
    2 cups of tea
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have eggs, or greek yogurt. This morning I had two slices of 40 cal whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a sliced banana :smile:
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    I like to eat oatmeal, keeps me full and is nice and comforting to wake up to!

30g Oats
    1 Cup Alpro Light Soy Milk
    1/2 Banana, chopped
    2 Tsps Golden Syrup or Maple Syrup.

Yum!
  • BreannaBabbbyxO
    Options
    Oh wow everybody thanks so much! This was great!