Tea help!

Options
I want to start drinking herbal tea, seems like there are so many benefits to it! But it's sooo bland! Any flavorful ones you would recommend? Any healthy(ish) additions you make to help it taste better?

I appreciate any and all advice! Happy Saturday!

Replies

• umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    A nutritionist came to our office yesterday and she confirmed that plain black tea is very useful. I would recommend you black tea with or without milk.
  • LoraleiDean
    Options
    I'm a big tea drinker (in more than one way! lol!) and find that just a touch of honey or splenda takes away any bitterness and emphasize the flavour.
    My cupboard contains quite the assortment of flavours - most found on the grocery store shelves. I really likeTetley brand; Chai, Strawberry, and Blueberry Green being my favourites.
    Have fun trying all the different ones!
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You don't need to BUY herbal tea. You can make rosemary tea straight from the bush.
    Just a sprig in water for 3 minutes.
    also peppermint tea can be made straight from peppermint
    these plants are so easy to grow it's ridiculous.
    most herbs can be grown in pots if you live in an apartment.

I don't like peppermint tea because the flavour is too strong.
    I drink black tea (from the Daintree area of Australia)
    and rosemary tea, which is good for easing headaches
  • futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Green tea is the best in my opinion and there is plenty of flavours out there. I love raspberry green tea or you can try Oolong tea (which is black and green tea combined) and they're both great for weight loss :)
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    GREEN HANDS DOWN. Seriously hands down the best, no cals and curbs my cravings as well! What more could you want?!
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I used to work for David's Tea, and I can vouch for their herbals. They are deeeeelicious and don't need ANYTHING added.

Check out http://www.davidstea.com/.

Some of my favorite herbals are: Forever Nuts, Licorice Twist, Spearmint, Pink Flamingo, and Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. If you're looking for something that's still caffeine-free but not necessarily and herbal tea, the Rooibos teas are also fantastic (I particularly love the Birthday Cake and Green & Fruity!)
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    Yogi Tea's Choco Aztec Spices

It's like calorie free hot chocolate and smells like Christmas. Yummmm.

Most teas are an acquired taste though. Why not start with things like chai tea, then move on to green/peppermint/chamomile before all the weird and wonderful options, haha.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    bulkherbstore.com has a fun selection of herbs, as well as herb blends.
    I make mine in a percolator.
    I like to select one or two blends, and also purchase a bag of stevia herb to mix in, so it will be sweet without adding sugar:)
    Love the Brain Booster blend right now:)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    green tea isnt a herbal tea .. neither is black tea. herbal teas are things that are NOT made from tea leaves. thought id clarify that :smile:

OP try this site http://www.davidstea.com/

there might even be a store location near you. if you're looking for a non-tea tea then check out the herbal rooibos and mate teas

ETA: i see someone else posted david's :drinker:
  • kristiezen
    Options
    I second the Chai with a little honey in it, I like the Vanilla the best! :happy:
  • staceycanada
    Options
    Are you treating it like regular tea nad putting milk and sugar? I don't and that would change the taste.
    Leave the bag in and let it really steep. You will get stronger flavors.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like mint tea.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Are you treating it like regular tea nad putting milk and sugar? I don't and that would change the taste.
    Leave the bag in and let it really steep. You will get stronger flavors.
    good point. OP may not have realised herbal tea needs about 3 minutes steeping.

I still say grow your own. Herbal is not made of tea leaves but it is made of leaves.

personally I hate Chai tea and would not start a new tea drinker on Chai
  • fifeandy
    Options
    Green tea, and if i fancy something sweet , i put a sweetner in it, sweet green tea mmmmm,

PS no milk, leave bag in,
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like herbal tea from good4you. She sells on etsy and they are really good and tasty.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I really like Bigelow's Wild Blueberry with Acai Herb Tea. Delicious. Lipton does a green tea with acai and blueberry and it's just not the same at all.
  • kkaci5
    kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yogi brand India Spice, Lemon and Ginger (only "fruit" tea I will drink -- fruit teas are quite acidic and are supposed to be hard on teeth), Sleepytime (can't recall who makes it), and chamomile tea (with a bit of honey).
  • dkutnyak
    Options
    I am doing a raw/plant based diet, a 30 day smoothie challenge with youngandraw.com and basically consuming 3 healthy smoothies a day...I use GREEN TEA as the liquid of choice in ALL my smoothies.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I used to work for David's Tea, and I can vouch for their herbals. They are deeeeelicious and don't need ANYTHING added.

Check out http://www.davidstea.com/.

Some of my favorite herbals are: Forever Nuts, Licorice Twist, Spearmint, Pink Flamingo, and Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. If you're looking for something that's still caffeine-free but not necessarily and herbal tea, the Rooibos teas are also fantastic (I particularly love the Birthday Cake and Green & Fruity!)

These look amazing! How do they compare to Teavana?
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    There are flavored teas that still have no added calories and such :D
    I'm currently drinking a lemon green tea that I got as a reward from my TOPS group. No calories and I need no sweeteners :D