Woman who've done P90x

Options
I have completed JM 30 day shred and am currently doing JM ripped in 30. After this I would like to try something more challenging with bigger results. I would appreciate any input as well as before and after pics on the P90x. Do I need to be in really good shape to survive it? I have a hard time with push ups still unless I do them the "girly" way but my legs are pretty strong and I have no problems with jumping and lunges. Thanks :)

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it and surviving, the key is to not push past your limits, don't sacrifice form for ego, and you'll be okay.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow I really thought more would have done this
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow I really thought more would have done this

I haven't done P90x but I'm currently doing Insanity and I'm starting month 2 tomorrow. I have seen great results in my fitness level so far...slight change on scale and measurements, but I am stronger and faster already.

I chose Insanity instead of P90x because it's a shorter program and well, I want to be fit yesterday. :laugh:
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    No, you don't have to be in great shape to survive it. It does allow you to modify some of the exercises.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid right now, and I love it!

Don't worry about strength or skill level. I was a complete beginner when I started!

You scale the program to your needs <3 Good luck and happy lifting!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have done it you just have to modify because you will not be able to keep up with the people on the video. I do not follow the program by the book because I cannot stand the yoga video and I do not have 90 min to work out at one time with kids running around so I do the Cardio video instead. I also have not been able to complete a full 90 days because I get bored with it, but it is a good work out and worth it if you have and hour to workout everytime you do the video. I bought my own weights and bands from walmart did not buy through beach body and I do not drink their recovery drink. I did lose weight the first time I did it and started to see muscle definition but then I got pregnant and had to stop it just had the baby in Dec. so I have just recently started it up again hoping that the ab ripper will help get my stomach from jiggling so much. I also do JM 30 day shred and a biggest loser video to do in between P90x.
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do it! There's 3 variations of P90X you can do as well. All in the same workout. take your time. do what you can and work up to it
  • pepelepew84
    pepelepew84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The great thing about P90X is you can go at your own pace, modify if you need to and gradually you find yourself doing twice as many push ups as you used to. It is an amazing program but if you feel you should try something a bit lighter first, check out Chalean Xtreme. It's like a softer version of P90X but still brings great results.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The great thing about P90X is you can go at your own pace, modify if you need to and gradually you find yourself doing twice as many push ups as you used to. It is an amazing program but if you feel you should try something a bit lighter first, check out Chalean Xtreme. It's like a softer version of P90X but still brings great results.
    Thanks I will definitely check the Chalean Xtreme out. I have heard good things about that as well
  • litterbitt
    litterbitt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a 54 year old woman, and was completely not exercising when I started last July. Yes, I had to modify alot to start, but in time I got better and better! You are welcome to look at my before and after pics! You can do it.
  • ludoles
    Options
    I always check out this website before starting a new fitness program - www.topfitnesssites.com - My personal favourite is p90x because it's hard enough that you know your getting results but not so hard that you give up after a few days
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i see the commercials for P90X and would love to try, sadly this AM i could not get my body to cooperate doing a simple jumping jack! Before i get questions of how can't u do a jumping jack, i have had MS for 20 years and sadly i cant get my body to cooperate with what my brain wants it to do(right now), but i hope to try again real soon!