Options

Replies

• eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    In the words of Ace Ventura, Pet Detective: MMMM YUUUMMMMMAAYYYYY
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    My feeling on carbs...they are everywhere, over taking the world slowly and quietly. They are EVIL, and I miss them. :sad:
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That they should be eaten.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Love carbs, I eat a lot of simple ones.
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat good carbs and just make sure that I don't over do it.
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have to come out on the limit carbs side of the equation. I have lost 90#'s twice and have been a nurse for almost 40 years. I have seen too many healthy looking people with Type 2 diabetes that is typically associated with obesity. Carbs are sugar by whatever definition you may want to use whether they are complex or not. The sugar does effect your body. Please look at the term glyconation. Basically the proteins in your body begin to crosslink and become "sticky", this is one of the things they measure with diabetics to judge their long term sugar management (HgbA1c

For me that carb limit is around 60 gms.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    As long as I'm hitting my protein goal for the day and I'm under or around my calorie goal, I'm quite happy to eat as many carbs as are going.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    They are not the devil.
    Though I do recommend avoiding simple carbs.
    What's wrong with fruit.:smile:

This is why "simple" and "complex" are poor word choices.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Are "good" carbs the ones who obey thier parents, do all thier homework and don't get in trouble at school?
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I eat between 150 and 400 carbs on any given day, and I'm quite happy with my results :) low carb is for suckers imo
  • donahm01
    donahm01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    also I am a nurse and a carb is carb no matter the definition of simpl or complex. The whole grain tends to make you feel fuller thus you hopefully eat less. It all turns to the evil sugar which is slowly killing our nation. I have lowered my A1C substantially by just eating whole grain carbs thru out the day in small amounts. Remember u need them for energy. Also figure out your net carbs with what you eat. Pretty much a diabetic diet. Remember type 2 diabetes is steadily increasing in our nation do to the American diet.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Carbs in itself isn't bad. The problem is when we eat a bunch of nonsense. Cakes, cookies, white rice, flour, white bread, etc...is the problem. I am using the "low carb" method. My diet mainly consists of green leafy veggies, lean meats, berries, melons, nuts, whole grains, and lots of water. Now I say mainly because I do enjoy french fries, pizza and wine like everyone else, it's just seldom. My carb intake can be anywhere from 25g net carbs (carbs minus fiber) to 150g net carbs. Just depends on the day and how I'm feeling. I also take vitamins as a supplement.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    also I am a nurse and a carb is carb no matter the definition of simpl or complex. The whole grain tends to make you feel fuller thus you hopefully eat less. It all turns to the evil sugar which is slowly killing our nation. I have lowered my A1C substantially by just eating whole grain carbs thru out the day in small amounts. Remember u need them for energy. Also figure out your net carbs with what you eat. Pretty much a diabetic diet. Remember type 2 diabetes is steadily increasing in our nation do to the American diet.

You've contradicted yourself there.
  • KRobertson36
    KRobertson36 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    While I love carbs....and I mean love them. I have to watch how much of them I eat...I could eat them all day. I love fresh pasta, fresh breads, I could go on and on. I realize where my weight gain came from and have become more aware of what too many carbs can do.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Carbs are delicious and I eat them every day without worry.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My feeling on carbs...they are everywhere, over taking the world slowly and quietly. They are EVIL, and I miss them. :sad:

:laugh: Honestly I don't miss them that bad most of the time. However it is annoying trying to find that perfect low carb balance that isn't enough to start my cravings and hunger up but that gives me max energy for workouts and life and stuff.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I appreciate carbs. It's the grains I stay away from for the most part because of the affects they have on our gut health, which then affects our overall health in many ways. I've noticed only positive changes by avoiding the grains side of carbs.
  • shalomabeth
    shalomabeth Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i reciently gave up bread yet i need carbs like rice and quinoa i eat variety as i need balance even if i dont eat red meat ever
    i still get protein from other ways like cage free eggs,chicken and subsitutes pleus beans and tofu i need variety without protein i would get sick
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I have my macros set at 40-30-30 (carbs/protein/fat)

I know my body needs energy but it can use fat from my body as well which is why its set at 40%. I don't eat bread any more.. I've found ways of filling up without having to opt for high starch foods. I get carbs from rice, beans, veggies, etc,.. I enjoy pasta once in awhile but make sure that its high in fibre AND protein and only on a day where I plan on working out hardcore at the gym.

Carbs aren't the enemy, we all just have to find ways of picking the right ones that fill us up and keep us moving.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

Are "good" carbs the ones who obey thier parents, do all thier homework and don't get in trouble at school?
    :laugh: :laugh: