Does your body get used to it?

Options
Melis25Fit
Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
Hey all,
So I'm in week 3 of this new life style, and I've been eating 1200, and getting approx 300-400 back each day through excersize. I also eat back at least half of those calories burned.
I feel like I'm still hungry, but most of the time, it's between snack and meal time - when I know I'll be eating in like 1-2 hrs.
I chew the gum, I find something to distract me... but sometimes the urge to eat is still there.
What do you do? Does this feeling go away eventually? I feel like I am eating enough... but ya never know.
Any advice? :sad:

Replies

• IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I might not be the best to give advice, hunny, but here goes. You know I'm on the same boat as you. 1st off: Gum makes me extremely hungry :frown: So that's out of the question for me. 2nd: The hungrier I feel in between meals, the more water I drink. However, at times, I'll drink a tea rather than water :wink: Coffee also works to control my hunger (I'm cutting down on coffee though, so I won't drink more than half a cup - but that's just me). Additionally, I'm now drinking a chinese natural tea named Pai You Guo that is suppressing my appetite and seems to be helping me burn more fat as well, cuz those lbs. are dropping quick lately. Like I said, I'm no expert :embarassed: but I can only recommend what I know :flowerforyou: Smooches, my friend! :flowerforyou:
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    One thing that helped me was making sure you are drinking lots of cold water,and I mean lot's.also you can have 5 to 6 small meals per day,so I have mine like this.
    5a-7a
    9a-10a
    12-1p
    2p-3p
    5p-6p
    7p-7:30p

Try not to eat after 7:30p and yes you will get use to it.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I eat something every 2 - 3 hrs. I drink a ton of water and if I'm starving I'll grab 3-4 almonds to hold me over. Are you eating enough protein? Every time you eat you should eat protein and you should make sure to get enough fiber. If you eat fruit have some nuts to go along with it... It takes longer for your body to digest protein and fiber so therefore you feel full longer.
  • NovelaNite
    NovelaNite Posts: 9
    Options
    Hmm...My doctor said not to go under 1200 cal/day or my body would go into starvation mode:huh: , and hold onto those calories extra hard. I hit a plateau a few weeks back, and after reading some of the blogs on here took the advice to try and eat all my exercise calories. It worked, I almost immediately lost 5lbs. I also drink tons of water and sugarless ice tea, which really helps squelch that hungry feeling. Try and eat snacks that are really high in fiber as well. Last tip, I eat most of my calories in the morning, I'm big on reg. egg/egg white omelets with any vegetables I have on hand, they keep me full a lot longer than cereal, toast etc....
  • Kelseykim
    Kelseykim Posts: 19
    Options
    I am no expert, but I always get hungry around 2:30 to 3:00pm and dinner is such a long way away, so I drink water with Crystal Light mixed in and half a serving of planters mixed nuts, or 3 or 4 baby carrots with a tsp of peanut butter. You do get used to it, I used to be able to go out for dinner and eat everything on my plate with salad and bread too. Now I am full halfway through my meal.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It's simple: eat more of your exercise calories. If you're hungry, EAT! You might try finding foods that are more filling and healthier. Almonds are high in calories but they're also high in fiber and protein and are very filling. I usually eat 12 almonds with lunch just to get my protein levels up and I can usually last until about 3 1/2 hours without eating before I'm hungry again.
  • Trish02
    Trish02 Posts: 25
    Options
    1. Make sure you are well hydrated sometimes you may not be as hydrated as you think.

2. If that doesn't get it then maybe your low on sugar try eating some fruits or grab a yogurt.

3. A few times what I've done is grab a 1% chocolate milk and drink half of it and hunger/sweet temptation if any goes away and work it off later or consider it a treat. Sometimes as females our hormones are out of wack and chocolate can suppress the temptation and urges as well. :drinker:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Lower the amount of weight you want to lose. Vvery rarely will you want to be down at 1200 calories; I'm guessing you have your goal set at 2lbs a week? Try lowering it to 1.5 or 1 lb a week. It'll be slower, but way WAY easier to live with. Easier to live with means you're more likely to stick with it. It also decreases the likelihood you're going to plateau.

It does get a bit easier over time, namely because the habits start to really take hold.

edit: sorry for the earlier confusion, lol
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories a day as well... with no exercise. I burn anywhere from 300-600 calories a day exercising, so it allows me to eat a few extra hundred. That really helps me to add a snack or two in when I'm feeling hungry between meals.

A trick I've read on here is that if you think you're hungry, drink a glass of water first. Sometimes you get confused between thirsty and hungry. If you're still hungry after, have a small healthy snack. I drink tea at least once in the morning and afternoon while at work and that really helps me from being too starved. If I'm hungry in the afternoon, I'll have a snack before I workout so I don't get lightheaded from exercising on an empty stomach.

Also, make sure to get enough fiber and protein. They're more filling, esp. fiber.