i know i know only 60 days ;/

Options

Replies

• michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    What kind of dress, and where doesn't it fit?
    My point is really that you don't have a pounds challenge; you have an inches challenge. I think it's feasible to lose 15 pounds in 2 months; maybe even a bit more. But you can get 10-15 pounds worth of help, easily, with a good body shaper.
    And I agree with other posters. Even 15 pounds is going to make you feel great. If it is a strapless dress, or your arms will show, you can do a fair amount to tone them up in 2 months.
    Honestly, a crashy crash diet will just make you lose weight all over, much of which won't matter. If you do it right, and lose more fat, it will help where you are likely to need it (aka the bodice and the waist).
    And DON'T go doing a million sit-ups!!! There is an exercise called "stomach vacuums" that will help reduce your waist a bit.
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    I've read everyone's in put and thank you all.
    I do think maybe even 10-15lbs will do and yes my issue may be losing inches so any advise for that?

My dress is strapless and it is corset back, it can not be let out :( the part that does not fit is thw waist part does not go all the way down it stays stuck around my mid section. ( I shld post pics)

Shld I work out out more? Or what type of exercise shld I be doing. My arms is also something I shld try to tone up.
  • berrymuffins89
    berrymuffins89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If it can't be let out, you should get another dress. Otherwise it will be a couple of days before the wedding and you're freaking out because you can't get into your dress and no time to get another.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Losing weight rapidly for a single event will likely lead to gaining it back rapidly after the event. It's the wrong way to think. It's the kind of thinking that has led people like us to struggle with weight to begin with. Forget about how you will look at the wedding (spoiler alert: you're the bride, you will look beautiful :smile:) and focus on losing gradually with changes in your life that you can sustain long term.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Personally...I would aim for 10-15 pounds and do some serious exercise to try to cut the inches off...

Aiming for 10-15 instead of 30 may make the difference between being a happy bride vs a total hungry angry bridezilla.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If it can't be let out, you should get another dress. Otherwise it will be a couple of days before the wedding and you're freaking out because you can't get into your dress and no time to get another.

^^^ This

OP - did you purposefully buy a dress a few sizes smaller as an incentive to lose weight, but didn't actually get round to doing anything about losing weight until now? If so, you've piled a whole world of stress and pressure on yourself. With 60 days to go you'd have to time to sell the wedding dress and buy another. Personally that's the avenue I'd go down and then also diet/exercise sensibly as part of a lifestyle change to get healthier in general.

If you are determined to go hell for leather then the only diet I've ever come across where people have lost that much are the VLCD 500-a-day calorie diets such as Lighter Life or Cambridge and they tend to work on 14lbs loss a month (if you have that much to lose, obviously). If you think you have the will power to stomach 60 days of disgusting fake soups 3x a day then go for it....however they are not good for you and I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be spending your honeymoon face down in a plate of food from dawn till dusk to make up for it and regain all the weight within a few months of doing it.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but if you manage it, please let us all know how you did it (in 60 days time), that seems like an awfully hard to achieve goal. Obviously your fiancé loves you the way you are, I'd be trading the dress in for the next size up and take the stress off. Good luck!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I only have 20 lbs to lose, have been losing at a rate of 1.5-2lbs a week and I still won't reach 20lbs in 60 days. Sorry but there is no way to lose that amount of weight in the time frame specified.

Get another dress or do the 30DS - everyday for 30 days. Once you complete it, do it again for another 30 days or try another workout video. Make sure to add walking or some kind of cardio in as well.

Good luck
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    I have heard working out early mornings or before meal time is better for weight lose so I think I'll start to do that. And my meal plans are that with cereal or oat meal for breakfast, veggies and wheat thins for snacks, soup for lunch, and a light dinner. I can give that a try see how it goes.

I just to put it out there I want to lose weight for the wedding but I also want to keep it for after, so this is for sure something I want to stay with. I'm thinking that yes maybe 10-15 lbs will do it it's more possible too, I'll take anything I can get lol.

We are planning for a baby after the wedding so staying in shape NOW is a must.

Thanks again for the comments, advice and support :)
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    I have no idea, but if you manage it, please let us all know how you did it (in 60 days time), that seems like an awfully hard to achieve goal. Obviously your fiancé loves you the way you are, I'd be trading the dress in for the next size up and take the stress off. Good luck!

I will definitely try and report back.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Realize that you can't reach that in that period of time and hope that you can get your dress fitted in time.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    possible. low carb and don't eat after 9
  • michellel313
    michellel313 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost 17 lbs doing that Jillian dvd along with about 45 minutes on the elliptical, 5 days a week. I ate about 1200 calories a day, a little more some days since I was burning a lot of calories. You may not lose the 30lbs but even 10 or 15lbs make a big difference, I went down 2 sizes!! Good luck!!
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options

Not true. It's possible only if you disregard your long term health and starve. Don't do it.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    If I needed to loose that amount I would personally do the following......

1) go to fridge and cupboards, throw out all the ****, the crisps, cakes, biscuits, fast food, sugary crap etc
    2) go to supermarket, and stock up fridge, healthy food, fruit, veggies, chicken, turkey, eggs, yogurts, nuts etc
    3) get a good cookbook for healthy dinners and meals before wedding
    4) start moving, get exercising, swimming, walking, on the bike ANYTHING ....do as much exercise as you can do
    SWEAT....even do squats while your waiting for pasta to boil hahahahaha, how exercise DVDs....the lot
    5) drink lots and lots and lots and lots of water

Wow.........you've lost weight before your wedding.....: )

Hope you have a magical day!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

You should have started months ago and not waited until the last minute to try and lose such a large amount of weight.

Seriously, why so doom and gloom? You must be perfect.

I would focus on low fat, higher protein, lots of water, fiber, and low sodium. You can't hope to lose a ton of weight, but you can de bloat and work on toning...which will make you look thinner. No one is going to weigh you on your wedding day, so focus on de bloating and getting as toned as possible.

Or you can follow the biggest loser diet and have a 3500 calorie deficit every day, lose a pound a day, possible murder your bridal party and fiancé before the wedding because your so hangry, and then gain back 20 pounds on your honey moon...but I would choose the first one.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

You should have started months ago and not waited until the last minute to try and lose such a large amount of weight.

yup i agree.

second i don't know why people are mentioning low carb, that won't help.

I'm sorry but low carb does work, works for me, may not work for you and may or may not work for her, but it won't hurt to try. If she doesn't try then she'll never know. One of my friends just loss 5 lbs this week alone by going low carb. She won't lose that much every week but I lose about 3 lbs a week going low carb. She'll feel better about her wedding day if she gets closer to that goal. I say she needs to give it a shot.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    You are such a "dad". Sounds like my dad. lol
    Nothing.

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Sorry, don't listen to the guys. You have 60 days and one shot at your wedding. Try to stay healthy. Follow a 1200 diet, see if it works, don't binge, be good, listen to your body and try the statement below. Desperate times call for desperate measures. After your wedding, and after the honeymoon, get serious about eating right and do it the right way at that point in time.
    If I needed to loose that amount I would personally do the following......

1) go to fridge and cupboards, throw out all the ****, the crisps, cakes, biscuits, fast food, sugary crap etc
    2) go to supermarket, and stock up fridge, healthy food, fruit, veggies, chicken, turkey, eggs, yogurts, nuts etc
    3) get a good cookbook for healthy dinners and meals before wedding
    4) start moving, get exercising, swimming, walking, on the bike ANYTHING ....do as much exercise as you can do
    SWEAT....even do squats while your waiting for pasta to boil hahahahaha, how exercise DVDs....the lot
    5) drink lots and lots and lots and lots of water

Wow.........you've lost weight before your wedding.....: )

Hope you have a magical day!

This will just lead to adrenal fatigue, burn out, possible injuries, and for sure a plateau.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options

Nope. Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Calories can't tell time.