30 Day Shred May 30th - June 30th Support

Options
Anybody starting the 30 Day Shred on Sunday? Mine is coming in the mail and I ABSOLUTELY cannot wait to start until the 1st, so I am starting on the 30th!

I couldn't find a support group for those dates (though let's be honest, I lack the patience to search very hard) so I am starting one!

First question for those of you who have done the shred:

I am a big elliptical user and I use the darned thing at least 3 days a week...from what I hear the 30 Day Shred whoops your butt, and I am worried about this! I still want to be able to do my cardio with the elliptical but I am worried that I will be useless with sore muscles.

Any suggestions/hints/tips? Thanks `:flowerforyou:

Replies

• LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I am hoping to get it this weekend, if I do I will start on the 30th as well!

Can't wait!
  • nathaliexol
    nathaliexol Posts: 35
    Options
    I started the Shred last night but I can certainly adjust my dates :) I'll be away until Sunday so it works perfect for me.
    From what I did last night the Shred def. kicks your butt but I think if you take like a 15 min break in between you should be fine to do the elliptical.
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I am a big elliptical user and I use the darned thing at least 3 days a week...from what I hear the 30 Day Shred whoops your butt, and I am worried about this! I still want to be able to do my cardio with the elliptical but I am worried that I will be useless with sore muscles.

The owie muscles only last for a few days, push through it and keep working out and they will surprisingly enough disappear faster than taking a day or two off to recover. You will still have energy to get your cardio on the elliptical, especially if you do it a few hours before or after. It's only a temporary butt-kicking and then you feel like the energizer bunny!

Best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm in, I'm in! Just bought the DVD set and I'm ready! I was waiting for a new support group to pop up! I did a whole week a while ago, but my cable company got rid of it on Ondemand.

Honestly, the 30 day shred (level 1) wasn't too bad the first week I did it, and I weighed 290-something pounds. I got through the first day, feeling pretty good. Did it again the next day and that's when I started getting sore. I could barely walk. So, I took a break for 2 or 3 days and I was ready to go again.

Yeah, once you get sore, just take a break from it and start over. I've never gotten sore twice from an exercise.
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great! Good to see some fellow shredders-to-be :drinker:
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am just waiting for Amazon to deliver my copy...it's been a while so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow and I can join you all too!

Certainly looks like a challenge! :happy:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I usually start to get sore about 24 hours after the workout, which is about when I would do day 2. But, if you push yourself and jump right back in, the soreness goes away. You just need to use those muscles and stretch.

I may join you on this. I would be adding the elliptical in as well since the shred doesn't give me enough cardio.

I need a new shred dvd but can use the one I have until level 2. Level 2 is where it freezes.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I am already through the first stage and working on the second, but I'll join too just cause I haven't found a group either! Yes it's intense, you will drip sweat and you will be sore for the first few days after, but. I've found it to be the best workout I've had with a workout vdeo, and is only 28min long (about 8 are warm-up's and cool down) ! It test's your cardio and strength, so it's a really GREAT combo! I love it. I'll restart so I can be with you girls :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm starting as soon as my copy arrives - it's scheduled to be here Tuesday. Close enough!?!? :))
  • lexistepps
    Options
    Hey, as close as you guys can get is good enough for me! So glad to have all of you join!

What size weights are all of you going to be using? I am hoping to really tone up my arms...I've lost 45 pounds, but my arm fat still doesn't quit waving when I do...yikes! I am using 3lb weights because I don't have a whole lot of upper body strength, I'm hoping it won't be too much or too little!

I've also ordered a Polar F6 HRM and I'm hoping to use that to my advantage to show just how many calories I am ACTUALLY burning :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

You are starting this thread right on time. That is my plan...to start on Sunday. I am a bit scared! Look forward to sharing the stories. I am happy to hear that I can still do the elliptical.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh, wait a minute...do you need to have hand weights for the Shred. I thought I heard you didn't need weights, but if so, what kind just hand weights???
  • Clew
    Options
    *plugging myself*

If anyone wants a shred buddy shoot me a friend request. I'd love to be in touch with my sister shredders via the feed as well as the thread.

*plug concluded*
  • Clew
    Options

What size weights are all of you going to be using? I am hoping to really tone up my arms...I've lost 45 pounds, but my arm fat still doesn't quit waving when I do...yikes! I am using 3lb weights because I don't have a whole lot of upper body strength, I'm hoping it won't be too much or too little!

I have 3 lb weights and 5 lb weights. It's been a while since I used them so I'm starting off with the 3's and hopefully won't kill myself. :wink:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30 day shred it is tough but well worth it. I have been wanting to do it again so count me in!!! Will we be checking in daily or once a week? So start date in Sunday the 30th.....
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    Okay so I'm gonna say this....I LOOOOOOVE the 30 day shred. I've had it since last novemberish I think and needless to say I haven't been using like I should. I lost my dvd remote. Excuses Excuses right..but NOW ...since I see all of you are going to do I'm gonna go buy a remote! lol I LOVE group activities! Oh and u LOSE CRAZY INCHES with Jill. She is NO JOKE! I think u guys are gonna absolutely LOVE IT! Can't wait! =D
  • yrluck
    yrluck Posts: 7
    Options
    I ordered my 30 Day Shred DVD yesterday and it should arrive on Tuesday.
    I plan to start on Tuesday (I'll be out of town until then anyway) I'm committed to it June 1st-30th and hopefully on July 1st I'll be 15-20 lbs smaller! :wink:
  • lexistepps
    Options
    Feel free to check in as often as you'd like, but try to check in at least weekly!

I wanna see progress, ya'll!

No excuses, no slacking...commit yourselves to do this program and we will ALL finish it strong and look fabulous for it!!!

I am so excited for ALL of us! :glasses: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Shredders of the World Unite!!
    I've had the DVD but usually only do it every other day, on days I don't go to the gym! BUT starting May 30th, I'll do it everyday.

As far as being sore, that lasts a few days only. Hand weights are needed as well as a floor mat if you won't be working out on carpet. I'd recommend having a towel near by to wipe off the sweat!! :wink:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    If you are sore, it's working right?? That's my motto.:bigsmile:

I have done the 30 day shred before, thats how I lost 30 pounds beginning of last year. I wanted to start it again on Monday, ironically enough I saw this group started. I have been training for a half marathon and its on Sunday so I was going start the dvd right after to get ready for Cabo. My husband and I are going end of July.
    So I am totally in!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You should be fine with doing elliptical as well. I always felt that if I wasnt getting a good enough workout, I would add something to it. I also use 5 pound weights.
    Can't wait to start with you guys!!! I like team work, its great motivation!!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: