24 Day Challenge --- Advocare HELP ME PLZ :)

Options
My boss is hitting me up pretty hard to do this with her and I was wanting to know from anyone what it entails and whether or not it would be a good idea. I have spoken to my BFF who has Crossfit now for 4 years and she highly recommended doing this while eating Paleo? as a "boost" for my weight loss. That said, it is expensive and I will not be able to continue the Advocare program once I were to get through the 24 days.....is it a waste of my time? (poor choice of words I know)

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    My wife is doing the Challenge right now, she is on the 2nd week and it is going well for her. Unlike a lot of diet programs you don't have to continue with it, it is a jump start that will help you jump start, or in my wife's case get off her plateau. As for diet, she didn't have to change much, but if your diet isn't clean right now, that is something you will want to consider.
  • janisdianis
    janisdianis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My wife is doing the Challenge right now, she is on the 2nd week and it is going well for her. Unlike a lot of diet programs you don't have to continue with it, it is a jump start that will help you jump start, or in my wife's case get off her plateau. As for diet, she didn't have to change much, but if your diet isn't clean right now, that is something you will want to consider.

Good to know, thank you!! :smile:
  • CarlyHeikkila
    Options
    Hi! I am on day 22 of the 24 day Challenge and quite honestly... I'm sad it's almost over! I LOVE the products so much that I signed up to be a distributor so I can get the discount and continue to use the products. So far I have lost 7 pounds, I haven't re-measured myself yet but i can DEFINITELY see the difference. I am slimmer, my love handles are disappearing and I feel amazing! Being a full time student and working full time, I was always tired but with Spark I have energy all. day. long!
  • janisdianis
    janisdianis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Carly, I am excited to try it!
  • JudgeOC1
    JudgeOC1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did the Advocare 24 day challenge and lost 18 pounds. I loved everything except for the fiber drinks which would literally gag me. I have continued with a few of the products (I also signed up for a personally discount). I did this diet approximately 4 months ago. After the program, I just tried to eat healthier. Besides the difficulty of staying away from the snacks at the hockey games (popcorn, pop, caramel apples), I am pleased to say that I just gained 3 of those pounds back.

I started on MFP when I heard about it on the local news. Two people are being followed through their journey on MFP for the month. I thought I would join them.

Well, I have only been on it for a few days, and I am down 3 pounds! For me, I can see, when I am not tracking the food I eat, I overeat terribly. MFP is helping me make better choices!

I would say give the Advocare challenge a try! It is fairly easy to follow their suggestions. And be aware that there are a lot of different options out there to follow. I found one that worked for me and followed it. It was slightly different from one that a friend did, but she lost weight also!
  • kmorris123
    kmorris123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do AdvoCare and yes, the cost is steep, but how can you not afford to be healthy? I've lost 32 pounds and 32 total inches in five months and am on day two of my third challenge. If you really want to continue using products after you are finished, talk to the person you bought your kit from. They can get you set up as a member with a discount on products or you can make an investment and have 40% off your products. If you don't want to talk to them, I'd be glad to talk with you about it. Just shoot me a message.
  • terrydell
    terrydell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    the worst part for me is the fiber drink. I have seen others mention this as an issue as well. It looked like cream of wheat, so I decided to mix it with my steel oats for breakfast. I mix 1/4 cup oats, craisins, cinnamon, fiber drink and extra water. In the end, it tastes like cream of wheat with fruit. Much easier for me than drinking it.
  • pmcfarland68
    Options
    I just started the 24 day Challenge today. The fiber drink was gross! The spark I love as I do the meal replacement shake. Any suggestions on getting the fiber drink, citrus flavored, down??
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can buy this stuff if you want and can afford it, but you could achieve the same results with a healthy diet and exercise.

If you can afford it and want to try it, go for it., but like pretty much every other MLM out there it's 95% hype.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have just done the 10 day cleanse portion twice and that helped me get my eating on track as well. I agree that the fiber drink is awful, but I just mixed it quickly and chugged it. I don't think I put as much water in as it says. Also, don't let it sit once you mix it or it gets thicker. I still drink the Spark regularly, it helped my give up soda. The Spark gives me the little boost I need and sometimes I want something besides water. I like that the cleanse isn't a super restrictive cleanse where you can't eat anything, you just eat clean

I also really like their meal replacement shakes. Haven't found many I really like, but I felt like the chocolate ones and the vanilla ones are both good and keep me full
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can buy this stuff if you want and can afford it, but you could achieve the same results with a healthy diet and exercise.

If you can afford it and want to try it, go for it., but like pretty much every other MLM out there it's 95% hype.

I happen to agree with this, but sometimes its a mental thing with me. If I am paying for something I tend to follow it and eat healthier when I'm on it . I know its crazy and not a good thing, but it works for me in my head :)
  • dizzymslizzy1020
    dizzymslizzy1020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, if you mix your Spark with your fiber drink it is much better! Although the book says not to do that, my advisor says it's totally fine!