Diet Coke and Loosing Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• meredith824
    meredith824 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For me it isn't the Diet Coke, it's the food cravings that the artificial sweeteners trigger for me. The artificial sweeteners are REALLY sweet and affect my perception of sweet taste. I was also using Diet Coke as a replacement for water/not drinking enough water which was making me dehydrated. I think if it works for you and it doesn't negatively affect the rest of your diet, go for it!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have drank diet pop for probably 20 years and the day that I started JMBR, I just quit. I dumped the 2 liter at home and haven't looked back. I can't honestly tell you if it has helped or not, but I have shed 14 lbs in under 3 weeks counting calories and portioning 50/30/20 and working out to JMBR. I don't really miss it and I am not having sugar attacks as I have in previous weight loss journeys. I think that there is something to be said for it. However, if it works for you to drink it - have at it :) I'm trying to put healthy things in my body and I don't feel that is one of them.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wait, so the question is who has had success by subtracting zero calories from their diet?
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wait, so the question is who has had success by subtracting zero calories from their diet?

HAHa sounds like a recipe for success to me!
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I personally drink diet soda, at least a 4oz glass a day with one of my meals. I hate water so diet soda is my treat.
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of diet cola and have cravings for it big time. Couldn't go without it at work some days so I'd have to pop out on my dinner and buy a little bottle or two (if I've not already raided the vending machine).

However since I decided to give it up for lent just under 2 weeks ago I've found that my cravings in particular (my downfall) chocolate have significantly decreased. I'm drinking a lot more water instead and am feeling a lot better now that I don't have major caffeine cravings.

Lost over 3lbs this week so maybe there is something in it. Have to see how the rest of the month goes. If I can keep off it for the rest of lent I'd prob not drink it regularly again.
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I gave them up for Lent.....and hopefully forever....I will let you know if it has any impact on weight loss...

Me too, hope it's going well so far.
  • IHsmiley
    Options
    I drink too much diet coke, but I think it is starting to effect my teeth. They seem to be much more sensitive now. Anyone else have this problem? I am trying to give it up, but I find it hard!
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have one diet coke every day and I haven't had a problem losing weight. I don't think I could give them up!
  • chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    I had been a diet coke junkie for over 30 years. Six weeks ago I started My Fitness Pal for the first time. I could not believe it but I cold turket quit drinking my diet coke, breakfast, lunch, dinner and inbetween. I was very disappointed I did not lose weight by doing so but have still not went back. I know I am a better person by quitting. There is nothing good about them. I don't crave sweets like I use to and I'm sure in the long run this is a positive move for me. I also look that I save so much money. I ask for ice water when I go out to eat and carry my crystal light packets with me to add to the water.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Will not make a bit of difference on your weight loss... regular soda yes...... diet soda not so much....

edited: Oh and I drink 3 a day and have lost a few pounds....
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i drink pop everyday. atleast two to three cans of some type of diet coke or diet dew. i have lost 37 pounds in two months. is 37 pounds enough weightloss to you when drinking it?
  • wildehare
    wildehare Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I gave up all artificially sweetened products and my RLS (restless leg syndrome) went away. Seven Months later and still no problem. I have had RLS for many years.......No claim of a miracle cure-it just seemed to work for me.
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I find diet coke harder to give up than food :( I know I should drink less x

OMG! This is so me. I am addicted to Tab. I know I should drink less and I have cut down but I just can't kick the habit. I would do better to cut off my right arm than have to give it up.

It is my source of caffine. I don't drink coffee of any kind, don't drink tea, water and Tab are my only drinks.

I have made myself cut them out for the most part during the day and it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!