30 Day Shred May 30th - June 30th Support

Options

Replies

• need_to_lose
    Options
    I am totallly in for this. I was going to start it this weekend so it works out good. I am ready for a butt kicking.
  • km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    Options
    I just bought the DVD at Target the other day, but I haven't been able to make myself start it (soooo hot). But now that there are other people starting it around the same time I will definitely be able to get off my butt!
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options
    I bought this DVD a few months ago. Did it for a week then quit :(

I'm in!
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to see so many of you ladies, seriously...I'm geeking out about it! haha

I have a SERIOUS goal to work towards at the end of June...my husband is coming home from a VERY long, very lonely 9 month deployment in Afghanistan not long after the 30th and I wanna be smokinnnnnn for him :D

Woo! Is it Sunday yet? I can't wait!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Oh, wait a minute...do you need to have hand weights for the Shred. I thought I heard you didn't need weights, but if so, what kind just hand weights???

Yes you need hand weights for it! The first day I did it I used 6pounders....no bueno I couldn't lift myarm up the next day. Right now I use 3.5 pound weights and they work GREAT!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I am so excited to see so many of you ladies, seriously...I'm geeking out about it! haha

I have a SERIOUS goal to work towards at the end of June...my husband is coming home from a VERY long, very lonely 9 month deployment in Afghanistan not long after the 30th and I wanna be smokinnnnnn for him :D

Awwww that's so sweet. Go to my profile and do the 200 sit-up challenge too, super easy and takes only about 10min a day. GREAT FOR TONING ABS QUICKLY :)
  • disnylndprincess
    Options
    I am in! I've done it twice, and was really sore after the first day, but doing more exercise helped a LOT! Love Jillian, I can already tell it is going to be very effective :o) Thanks for starting this up, I kept missing the other groups!
  • danielle909xx
    danielle909xx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i just started two days ago but i'm gonna start up again on the 30th too. hope i can last the month!
  • MegKacz
    MegKacz Posts: 57
    Options

that's very exciting! good luck to you!

Does anyone else have a goal they are working towards or a special event??

I'm leaving for officer training for the Navy (I'll be a nurse) on July 15th so I'm combining this with some running too :). Maybe some extra push-ups and sit ups also to get me in tip top shape!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options

You go Girl!!! I decided to start the shred today just so I can be ready when Sunday gets here. So practice of level 1 day 1 complete!

Kel:heart:
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! I just bought it today for $10 at walmart.
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    I started with a group on May 14th, then by the next Friday I was the only one posting my numbers. A handful ended up injured and the rest, I guess, decided it was not for them. SO, I would love to try with a new group if you don't mind me joining up with you all. I am L1D10 so I am unsure if I should continue on to L2 or restart, just let me know what you think. I love the workouts, they really work and I usually burn around 300-320 calories, just depends on my intensity level. My energy levels are up, I have dropped 2.7lbs and lost inches on various areas of my body.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)
  • gcgrl788
    gcgrl788 Posts: 30
    Options
    I just bought the shred dvd from walmart a few days ago and tried it out wednesday morning before I went to work. Needless to say I was very sore thursday morning and slept in but I started it again tonight and plan to do it every morning before work. I think this support group will help a lot though!!
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I am in. I just got mine today so for now I just plan to watch it and see how it goes. Will do my first workout on Sunday. I only have 5 pound weights, but I won't know whether that will be too much or not enough until I try the workout.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So glad to find this great support group!! I am a mother of 2, my baby girl is almost 5 weeks old and I am going to be in my sis-in-law's wedding at the end of June! Hopefully this will work and kick-start my baby weight loss! I just started the shred today and feel okay! Tomorrow I know will be different. I am wondering if anyone has done it before and what kind of results you got doing the whole shred? Thanks for the support - I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly half way through the shred so I'll join this thread!

I'm on Day 13, just about to do today's workout. I did Level 1 for 10 days which was a good length of time. I've not had any dramatic weight loss yet but my muscles are appearing. I'm getting quite muscley calves which I don't want so after the shred I'll be taking it easy on them, for sure. Sticking to it now just because I hate being defeated. At the end of my shred, I'll post before and after stats so hopefully people can be inspired (if there's anything to show).
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi all,

I have just received my Shred dvd and plan on starting on June 1st to make it my month of June challenge. I missed out on May but just joined MFP so I'll be doing only June. I hope it's ok.
    Can't wait to start even though I know there's going to be pain and tears :glasses: but I'm actually excited about this!
  • lauradee
    lauradee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in but only till the 24th of June. Having surgery on the 25th and would really like to get some of this weight off before that.
  • vachegomoo
    vachegomoo Posts: 66
    Options
    Count me in too! I've been an on again off again Shredder since I got the DVD about a year ago. I'm really excited about this group, I hope it will help me keep on track this time! Woohoo, go team!
  • Anna_15
    Anna_15 Posts: 22
    Options
    Ooh can I join please? I really want to follow this plan and I need a huge kick up my bum to do this :-) can't wait to post here every day after my exercises! I have only bought level 1 off itunes (didn't want to buy off amazon cos it's complicated getting things sent to university residences!) but will buy the other two once I get some money coming in!! So excited to lose these inches :happy: