140 Forever.

Options
I am 5'7 (maybe 5'8) and I know I'm not huge, but my stomach could definitely shrink down a size and still be in a healthy range. All I want to do is lose 10lbs but it truly feels like my body just won't let me. Does that make sense? Is there a point everyones body has that is their "natural" size. I feel like 140 is my natural size, but I know I would look and feel better at 130. This is just so hard because the last 10 and the first 10 are the hardest to lose and thats all I want... 10 gone. Sorry if this was a bit of a rant, but im just curious is anyone else feels the same way, or has experienced the same thing. I don't want to be 140 forever!

Replies

• tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    you probably just need to replace the fat with muscle - i'd pay more attention to that then the # on the scale!
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    at that point, I've seen a lot of people on here say pay attention to your measurements and not the numbers on the scale.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It could be. I'm 4ft 11 and I tried forever to get below 140 when I was younger. My doctor flat out told me I would never get any lower because I have natural muscle under the chub that I have and it just wont happen for me. Now that I'm 30 lbs bigger I look back and think wow I was crazy to want to get smaller.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Exactly what everyone else is saying. Do some hiit intervals on the treadmill or outside... where you walk normal and then go real fast running...you basically are limboing your heart rate so you burn fat faster and easier. This will shrink your body fat % and give you room to build muscle so you're smaller and more in shape but not necessarily weighing less.
  • CAworkout
    CAworkout Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way forever! I think I had to get over a mental "natural size" road block to get past those last pounds. I imagined getting to 130, but would get stuck between 135-140. Once I finally starting eating really clean- no procesed foods, lean protein sources, really cut back on dairy, and especially cut down on wine, I now fluctuate between 123-125. In my experience to get and stay lean, I need to not only eat the correct amount of calories, but the right kind of the right amount.
  • JohannaH91
    JohannaH91 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm also only trying to lose 10-12 pounds. So far it's been 1lb a week or 1/2 lb. I have to work out for at least 1-2 hours each day to see results, as I already ate healthily to begin with. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, and although you might not see it on the scales, if you work hard you'll see and feel a difference. I've only lost a small amount but already my clothes fit more loosely!
  • I018485
    I018485 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'6 and my goal is 125 (that is more than my usual normal weight).
    I have been 135 for SO long (3 years) until... I came back home in Italy 1 week ago! Finally in a week, I lost 8 pounds!!!
    In US I tried exercise, gym, yoga, you name it... no way. To me, all the BS are cut by a simple fact: less calories, less food!
    In this week I asked myself how it was possible to lose so much without even exercise.
    Then, I see my mom's portions: VERY-VERY SMALL! Imagine a plate in an American restaurant and then you divide it in 4!!!
    I must say that I am starving but when I see everybody else eating so little without say anything I think that it's just this habit of eating too much. Actually the body functions very well with few calories.
    I am going back to my Italian habits and my body is thanking. Frankly I don't care about the BS of muscle vs fat. I am not a bodybuilder and my only goal is to look great in a size 2 jeans :-)
    Sorry if I am too frank but I don't want to be 135 forever.
    Eat less and you will get it!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'6 and my goal is 125 (that is more than my usual normal weight).
    I have been 135 for SO long (3 years) until... I came back home in Italy 1 week ago! Finally in a week, I lost 8 pounds!!!
    In US I tried exercise, gym, yoga, you name it... no way. To me, all the BS are cut by a simple fact: less calories, less food!
    In this week I asked myself how it was possible to lose so much without even exercise.
    Then, I see my mom's portions: VERY-VERY SMALL! Imagine a plate in an American restaurant and then you divide it in 4!!!
    I must say that I am starving but when I see everybody else eating so little without say anything I think that it's just this habit of eating too much. Actually the body functions very well with few calories.
    I am going back to my Italian habits and my body is thanking. Frankly I don't care about the BS of muscle vs fat. I am not a bodybuilder and my only goal is to look great in a size 2 jeans :-)
    Sorry if I am too frank but I don't want to be 135 forever.
    Eat less and you will get it!

i have to agree im not a body builder and when i did get down to a 140 i was eating less, cut out white bread and i only worked out 3 times a week. and for me 140 was good, i was happy and i looked fine i didn't want to be a size 2 but then i got pregnant. so not she is 8 mths and back to 153 at 5'3 trying to lose it again. TMI but i totally agree.
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you too! I'm 5' 3" and 130. I also want to lose 10 pounds. My body seems to fight to stay at 130 despite 4 times per week of cardio/weight training AND staying religiously at 1200 calories. I've cut carbs drastically as well. Ahhhh.....I'd love to know if anyone has any answers to this question! :grumble:
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It could be. I'm 4ft 11 and I tried forever to get below 140 when I was younger. My doctor flat out told me I would never get any lower because I have natural muscle under the chub that I have and it just wont happen for me. Now that I'm 30 lbs bigger I look back and think wow I was crazy to want to get smaller.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! I, too, am 4'11" and look my absolute best at 140lbs. Now this is considered obese on all of the charts, but I have been super athletic my whole life. I began body building at 15yo to train for the Fire Academy and was a College ice hockey player. So, I've always been big. I took up competitive swimming in college and got even bigger. There was a point when I was 21yo that I got down to 121lbs. I looked terrible!!! I was gaunt, my skin was sallow, and I had bones sticking out everywhere. Funny thing though, that weight was considered "normal" for someone my height. Now mind you, I was super stoked to wear a size 4 jeans, but ugghh!! it was pure hell on my body! Now, I have accepted the fact that 140ish is what I feel and look my best at. That is my goal weight and I really don't want to go below that. Now, I will be happy if I get to 150 and those last 10lbs evade my loss ability, but I know that that is where my body wants me and is happy with.

Sorry for the long spiel, but sometimes our bodies just want us at a certain weight and there's not a dang thing we can do about it....we can just wear it well!!!!!