Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Private School Tuition

124»

Replies

• will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Mine are 4th and 2d grade. Private school costs are 6500 for first child and 4400 for second per year.

SC
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    I'M JUST SAYING.

The public school system in SWEDEN is very well made. We get free lunch (good food as well), lots of teachers, more help if you need it, activities after school... all for free. Private schools hardly exist, and the ones that do are way weird.

We also get health and dental care for free. Just putting that out there ;)

Sorry for getting off topic lol
    yeah, you guy's tax structure is FAR different than here. We could get this thread axed quickly by squabling over which is better.

Honestly, there's such a drastic difference, you can't compare... I'm not ignoring her posts, it just doesn't apply at all to my Wisconsin life *LOL* And sadly, I can't move to Sweden! :grumble:

Of course you can, we're not giving birth to enough kids so we need immigrants to fill out jobs lol

Yeah but yeah, we pay 33% of our salary every month in taxes. More if you earn more than a certain amount. The rich people pay like 60% lol

I also pay 30% in taxes :grumble:

ha! :laugh:

Ummmm it's not FREE if you're paying for it with taxes, basically taxes are a way to remove consumer choice and spend your money - if you don't like the product, you hope you have enough for something in addition because there are no refunds.

ALSO here in the US many of us pay much more than 30% of taxes and no we're not all that rich, just add up your federal, state, for some people local income tax, property tax, sales tax, and the portion you're paying for gas at the pump and utilities and environmental fees ... the list is long and sad.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    $3159 per year
    Connecticut
    Catholic school
    Grade 6, the school has pre-k 3 through grade 8 , pre-k 3 & pre-k 4 cost more around $5000

We actually pay less -$500 because we are parishioners of the church and we received $1000 in tuition assistance from our dioceses this year. We are also required to earn $500 in development which can be earned through volunteering, fundraisers, or writing a check, or a combination of the three.

It is worth every penny even if we hadn't gotten the assistance!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Around here the cheapest one we found was $800 a month...but there is a huge range. LA area.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 684 Member

I also pay 30% in taxes :grumble:

yeah, but you're rich here...

i don't pay quite that much, but we don't have state income tax here in TX. Our property taxes suck, but our son will be in a nice public school district.

You don't have state income tax? dang... I was born in the wrong state *LOL*

It's not only Texas

Seven states lack an income tax altogether. They are:

Alaska
    Florida
    Nevada
    South Dakota
    Texas
    Washington
    Wyoming

Two states have a limited income tax on individuals. These states tax only dividend and interest income:

Tennessee
    New Hampshire
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    British private school beau here....

parents (mum) pays about 25-30grand annually....but that's because I also board weekly (well I'm suppose to!) and once you account for everything....i.e ski trips etc
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Closest info I have is from about 9 years back when I was looking to enroll my daughter in a Christian school. It was like 5,000 a year or so. . . The only reason I was looking was, at the time, I was forced (don't ask) to live in the city I was working for. Once that issue was legally resolved, I high tailed it to a town with excellent schools. All 5 of my kiddos (hubby had 3 when we married) are either products of or currently enrolled in the local public school. And they are thriving. Occassionally I wish I had been able to send them all to a Christian school, but with 5 kids. . .we just don't make that kind of money!! :-)
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    My daughter goes to Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, NH and she gets almost a free ride. You have to be accepted, and then factors like family income, NH resident, previous grades, activities, etc. factor in to the family cost. Because we are local she is considered a day student and stays at home which greatly reduces the cost.

The better your child's grades are and how much he/she participates in sports, clubs, and community service will help determine where your child will go and how much it will cost.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    When I graduated, I think tuition was around 25k, I believe it's over 30k now. Private high school on the east coast, not boarding.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    I went to a private Montessori school for a couple years - today's tuition is about $11k/year (they go up to 9th grade).

I paid less for college and almost less for grad school :sick:

Woops, forgot to mention this is in Houston TX.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    I went to a British private boarding school and it was GBP £16,000 per year (this was around 1989).
    In USD $25,000.