Question for my fellow big busted ladies!

Options
I wear 38 DD, and I am practically knocking myself out doing cardio. I wear a sports bra that is about a size smaller than I need, but it still isn't very effective. Can anyone recommend a bra that will actually support my efforts? I hate being in pain when I exercise.

Replies

• scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    have you tried Shockabsorber? I'm 34E and mine don't move. :)
  • LadyOSU08
    LadyOSU08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but my solution was getting on an elliptical instead of the dreaded treadmill. :P I plan on getting on the treadmill after losing a bit more weight. I used to wear a sports bra and a TIGHT tube top to help hold 'em down lol I bought tube tops in a few colors when I was smaller from Wet Seal.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber in a G cup for me. Not a flattering profile, but they are held in there.

If you are a DD or larger and have access, go to specialty and get fitted. I go a specialty shop to get fitted and then buy additional bras at lower prices from online retailers.

This topic comes at least once a week. I searched the message boards for "bras"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/845030-sports-bra-for-big-boobs?hl=bras&page=1#posts-13607304

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/899655-bras-in-the-usa?hl=bras#posts-13606773
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I think you are based in the UK? If I am right, I recommend M&S, they do a pack of 2 underwired sports bras which can be adjusted to wear crossed along the back. They are a bit of an effort to put on, but are super supportive. I wear them every day, I have had no issues with rubbing (Shockabsorber left me with a bad case of joggers nipple), and I wear them for all activities including running and squash and I am a 36DD (I have also worn them when much bigger). Being M&S, they are reasonably priced.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Go to a proper bra shop and get fitted (read: saleslady coming into the change room and touching to make sure all the parts are in the right place...awkward, but neccessary!)

Granted, it's a little pricier than regular off-the-shelf sports bras, but the quality of mine is top notch, I treat it carefully: hand wash, hang to dry. I only wash it once a week (gross, I know, but I lay it out after each work out to air).

I only bought one sports bra at the begining of my journey cause it was expensive, and I didn't want too many $100 bras in that size lol - I'm JUST getting to the point where it's getting a little too big, and I'm going to go back for a new *SMALLER one! :)

It's so worth the money - one day when it wasn't dry yet, I just threw on one of the adidas ones I had, and it was SO uncomfortable - this one fits and is strong and holds them down firm (I'm a 36F, so I'm well qualified to discuss this!! haha)
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Shockabsorber! Most comfortable sports bra I've ever had. Currently 32EE (UK) but it's the only one that has ever worked for me. The others all rubbed at the bottom of the band and were most uncomfortable.
  • lauren_3243
    lauren_3243 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have never heard of shockabsorber, but I will definitely look into it! The one I have from Walmart just isn't cutting it lol. Oh yeah, I'm based in Pittsburgh pa.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I wear TWO bras-- a regular Playtex "full support" bra, with a Cacique sport bra on top of it. Bad news is it feels like a corset; good news is that the space between the two of them gives me some place to put my cell phone!
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm now a 38E (was a 40DD) and I swear by the shock absorbers.
    My boobs hardly move during Zumba and Karate !
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I wear TWO bras-- a regular Playtex "full support" bra, with a Cacique sport bra on top of it. Bad news is it feels like a corset; good news is that the space between the two of them gives me some place to put my cell phone!

This is what I did when I was doing a lot of riding. I does work.
  • RaeB928
    Options
    Shockabsorber with a racer back for me in a 38F. Those puppies don't go anywhere, even when running. I went for the highest impact I could find. I agree that it isn't flattering, they're smooched up into a single boob that goes from one side to the other, but I don't get blackeyes!

One thing to point out, it's a workout in itself to get into it. I was late for a PT session recently because it nearly defeated me!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    36DD here! I feel like taping them bad boys down!
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love my Panache Sports Bra and they are a little more interesting than some.

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/#/1?level=1&show=16&sort=1&exclusive=false&new=false&sale=false
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Under Armour. Maximum support without the uniboob.
    I'm also rocking DDs.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Just stopped in to wave.
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Options
    Shockabsorber with a racer back for me in a 38F. Those puppies don't go anywhere, even when running. I went for the highest impact I could find. I agree that it isn't flattering, they're smooched up into a single boob that goes from one side to the other, but I don't get blackeyes!

One thing to point out, it's a workout in itself to get into it. I was late for a PT session recently because it nearly defeated me!

I lol'd then cos I know exactly what you mean .... !
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I L.O.V.E. my UnderArmor bra. Prior to that I would wear a normal bra with a sports bra over it. Doubling up worked well, but wasn't very comfy. I use my Underarmor in spin, road cycling, skiing and Jillian. :-)
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Honestly, as much as I'd love a new bra that's awesome and super supportive, I just don't have the funds for it. They can get SUPER pricey. But I've found that wearing 2 sports bras does the trick for me!

Just a thought. Sometimes doubling up is a good alternative.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Shock Absorber (same size as you), specifically the 'run' model; nice wide straps and an extra racer-back type fastening as well. I can run in mine, with no problems.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

LOL. Yeah, that's where my ipod goes when I'm lifting. Probably not the best idea as it makes it even more awkward that I'm usually the only one with boobies in that area of the gym....but it's useful!